Shoutbox

Quick Feature Request - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Quick Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=68868)

Quick Feature Request by bryceman111 on 11-26-2006 at 03:57 AM

Hello there. I have been using Messenger Plus! for a very long time, it has always been good. Just one thing I recently noticed though...I love the ability to copy a contact's e-mail, but I think having the ability to copy other things may also be helpful. For instance, I use Firefox, and when you want to view a profile from Messenger, it automatically uses IE (no surprise there)...I would like to be able to copy the profile link so I can quickly open that in Firefox. Possibly be able to copy screen names and personal messages. Please reply if you agree, so I know if is a stupid idea or not. ;)

RE: Quick Feature Request by Kenji on 11-26-2006 at 04:14 AM

You can copy Screen names by highlighting it and copying it.. You can also do that with the personal messages too.

I think the Profile copy would be a good idea though :p

RE: Quick Feature Request by bryceman111 on 11-26-2006 at 05:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
You can copy Screen names... ...also do that with the personal messages too
Hey, I do not see what you mean. I can highlight and copy Personal Messages when I open up a conversation but not screen names. Also, in the main windows I can not highlight and copy either of the two. Could you please expand on this? Thanks for agreeing on the profile copy though ;).
RE: Quick Feature Request by MattyRid on 11-26-2006 at 06:08 AM

Easy to copy screen names... when a contact chats to you, you can copy paste it. But of course it relies on the fact that a contact starts a conversation with you. Or if you want get a mocker script and do it that way.

RE: Quick Feature Request by bryceman111 on 11-27-2006 at 12:35 AM

I see that, but I mean, if they are offline or something and you can't open a conversation with them. Thanks for your input though.

RE: Quick Feature Request by MattyRid on 11-27-2006 at 03:30 AM

If your using Windows Live Messenger you can open a conversation even if they are offline...and you never know, they may be signed in yet appearing offline to you. So really if you want this feature for Messenger Plus! 3, I can't see it happening, but for Messenger Plus! Live, maybe

RE: Quick Feature Request by No Leg Joe on 11-27-2006 at 08:36 PM

dude, you need to set FF as your default browser

RE: Quick Feature Request by Kenji on 11-27-2006 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by No Leg Joe
dude, you need to set FF as your default browser
That wont make any Differnce, all the links in WLM apart from ones sent in a conversation, open in IE.

EDIT: Most of them.
RE: Quick Feature Request by No Leg Joe on 11-27-2006 at 08:40 PM

That sucks. Any chance that can be fixed by MP!L?

RE: Quick Feature Request by CookieRevised on 11-27-2006 at 08:41 PM

You can copy screennames in all sorts of ways. You don't need any conversation for that.

eg:
* right click a contact > Messenger Plus! Extra's > Contact Information
* right click a contact > Add Nickname
* etc...

RE: Quick Feature Request by bryceman111 on 11-27-2006 at 08:48 PM

Yeah, I wanted it to be in Messenger Plus Live! ...not that it is a big deal or anything, I just though it would be an easy little thing to add. About the FF default browser...what he said...Messenger opens them in IE. But it would maybe be cool to make all links open in default browser. I think Stuffplug maybe used to have that.