Shoutbox

Can I have both 7.5 AND live installed? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Can I have both 7.5 AND live installed? (/showthread.php?tid=68890)

Can I have both 7.5 AND live installed? by tweak_s on 11-27-2006 at 02:50 AM

Kinda in the topic :P.

RE: Can I have both 7.5 AND live installed? by DarkMe on 11-27-2006 at 03:34 AM

Yes, just install 7.5, then rename the folder in C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger to another
like C:\Program Files\Mesenger 7.5, then make the shortcuts for it and finally install WLM.

RE: RE: Can I have both 7.5 AND live installed? by MattyRid on 11-27-2006 at 06:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DarkMe
Yes, just install 7.5, then rename the folder in C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger to another
like C:\Program Files\Mesenger 7.5, then make the shortcuts for it and finally install WLM.

however your missing a critical part, make sure either MSN Messenger 7.5 or Windows Live Messenger is patched to allow polygamy. Or use Messenger Plus! Live's built in polygamy Feature.
RE: Can I have both 7.5 AND live installed? by CookieRevised on 11-27-2006 at 11:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
however your missing a critical part, make sure either MSN Messenger 7.5 or Windows Live Messenger is patched to allow polygamy.
That's not critical though. It's only needed when you want to run both at the same time. It is not a requirement when you just want to use a different version from time to time.

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
Or use Messenger Plus! Live's built in polygamy Feature.
This will only work when you start Windows Live Messenger after MSN Messenger has been started.

The other way around will not work, as Messenger Plus! 3 doesn't have a feature to make MSN Messenger polygamy.

The multi-msn check is only important for the second, third, etc instance you start.