Shoutbox

sponsor program issue (not another pathetic complaint) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: sponsor program issue (not another pathetic complaint) (/showthread.php?tid=68918)

sponsor program issue (not another pathetic complaint) by sljaxon on 11-28-2006 at 12:30 AM

How many popups/ads/etc does the sponsor actually show? I want to install the sponsor to support Patchou, but I don't want my computer overrun. Has anyone installed the sponsor and have you seen how many ads it shows?

RE: sponsor program issue (not another pathetic complaint) by Menthix on 11-28-2006 at 12:35 AM

It will only show popups once in a while when you are using Internet Explorer, as long as you don't load any page with IE, it wont load any ad either. When you are browsing with IE the interval isn't bad.

You can give it a try, if you get tired of it you can always remove the sponsor only in Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Messenger Plus! Live + Sponsor.

RE: sponsor program issue (not another pathetic complaint) by sljaxon on 11-28-2006 at 12:51 AM

Thanks MenthiX!

RE: sponsor program issue (not another pathetic complaint) by CookieRevised on 11-28-2006 at 11:34 AM

But note that the sponsor will only gain revenu if you actually click the ads. In other words, installing the sponsor and then using your FireFox browser so you don't see any ads, doesn't help supporting Patchou though.

In that case you're better of buying some stuff from the Online Store.

;)

RE: sponsor program issue (not another pathetic complaint) by Dempsey on 11-28-2006 at 01:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

But doesn't Patchou just send the profits from the store to the Red Cross?
RE: sponsor program issue (not another pathetic complaint) by CookieRevised on 11-28-2006 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
quote:

But doesn't Patchou just send the profits from the store to the Red Cross?
He even doubles the profits...

The support is given in the form of advertising: you wear Plus! logo in public...
RE: sponsor program issue (not another pathetic complaint) by Chrono on 11-28-2006 at 04:53 PM

quote:
The support is given in the form of advertising: you wear Plus! logo in public...
Sorry for being picky but what if he buys a mug or a mousemat? :P
I mean, oh great advertising within your family 8-)
RE: sponsor program issue (not another pathetic complaint) by CookieRevised on 11-28-2006 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Sorry for being picky but what if he buys a mug or a mousemat? :P
I mean, oh great advertising within your family 8-)
then you still support Plus! which supports the red cross. :p
RE: RE: sponsor program issue (not another pathetic complaint) by sljaxon on 11-29-2006 at 12:12 AM

quote:
But note that the sponsor will only gain revenu if you actually click the ads. In other words, installing the sponsor and then using your FireFox browser so you don't see any ads, doesn't help supporting Patchou though.

;)

I thought Patchou was paid per install by C2 Media, not by the clicks that he generates. This is the way it is with most adware affiliate programs.
RE: sponsor program issue (not another pathetic complaint) by CookieRevised on 11-29-2006 at 12:33 AM

The sponsor of Plus! doesn't belong to 'the most adware affiliate programs' :p

RE: sponsor program issue (not another pathetic complaint) by Voldemort on 11-29-2006 at 12:43 AM

note: its heavily stripped down adware :P

RE: sponsor program issue (not another pathetic complaint) by sljaxon on 11-29-2006 at 01:14 AM

quote:
The sponsor of Plus! doesn't belong to 'the most adware affiliate programs' :p

I see...

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
note: its heavily stripped down adware 

I know this... no toolbar, no homepage changes, no popups while playing games offline. Thanks Patchou!