Shoutbox

Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player (/showthread.php?tid=68946)

Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by Reload2 on 11-29-2006 at 02:13 AM

Well recently I kinda broke the screen of my mp3 player so I was thinking about buying a new one. I need some suggestions of mp3 players so if you some good ones, with video (enough big screen like the ipod video ones) and with a not that big storage (30GB max) and not very expensive too :p.
I'm living in canada if it may help.
Also, I'm thinking about maybe the iPod video so for those who have an ipod video, is it good and worth to buy?

RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by Voldemort on 11-29-2006 at 02:16 AM

ipod video: worth every dollar, besides its cheaper now, and the zune is at the same price, but it sucks!!!!!!
zune= brick made of sheit and a lcd screen... it suck!
* Voldemort runs from zune lovers, if any.

RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by Pinchichuv on 11-29-2006 at 02:21 AM

well my suggestion is dont buy a RCA Lyra they suck totally

RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by Supersonicdarky on 11-29-2006 at 02:25 AM

* Supersonicdarky slaps voldermort

i'm not a zune lover, but it does pwn ipods...

toshiba gigabeat s / iriver h10 20gb ftw!

RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by Weyzza on 11-29-2006 at 02:35 AM

If you do really want to use have video playback capabilities on your player, I suggest you to get Archos.

I highly doubt anyone can watch videos conveniently on iPod Video.
Zune's screen is bigger, but I would wait until Microsoft releases the next generation.

RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by Voldemort on 11-29-2006 at 02:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
i'm not a zune lover, but it does pwn ipods...
lies!
the buttons are hard to use, and its a brick!
RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by prashker on 11-29-2006 at 02:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pinchichuv
well my suggestion is dont buy a RCA Lyra they suck totally

I will have to prove you wrong :p

My brother got a RCA Lyra old school 512mb MP3 Player around a year ago.

It might be little space but it rocks. I mean, it runs off 1AAA battery :p (Unlike crappy rechargable Li-on batteries) ANd it does actually last the 'Lasts Up to 20 hours'

I mean my brother got a iPod once, said it goes up to 20 hours, thats like limited things, No backlight and stuff. Etc.

With the RCA Lyra my brother got regardless if he had the backlight on or whatever it lasted the whole 20 hours off that 1AAA battery.

Anyways,

iPod's are cool because they have the "Parachute" and "Brick" game. Those rock :)...Either than that they suck :p

Zune's look cool, but I would not really want that either.

If I was getting a MP3 player I would just want to get a simple 10gb   MP3 player with no extra things :p....Just a transfer to and listen thing. I don't need games. Just music and backlight :p

RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by Voldemort on 11-29-2006 at 02:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
I mean my brother got a iPod once, said it goes up to 20 hours, thats like limited things, No backlight and stuff. Etc.
Now brightness can be set, and even in its lowest point, its bright enough to see clearly in sunlight and great at night.
RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by Eddie on 11-29-2006 at 04:59 AM

I havent been a big fan of Apple in the past, but Zune is no where near upto standard in the way its designed, so im gonna have to agree with Voldermort on Video iPod :P

RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by andrewdodd13 on 11-29-2006 at 07:47 AM

If you're looking for something other than an iPod (lets face it, almost everyone has one, so they're not cool... and Borat is right, iPod Minis are for girls ;)) then you may want to check out the Zen Vision M.

It has the added benefit that it can play back movies in XViD and other common formats without a recode, (Which is why I use it as a PMD instead of my PSP) and also that it doesn't use iTunes (which I despise since it tries to convert all my WMA files to MP3 AAC).

I've not had a chance to look at the Zune yet, but I doubt it'll be anything special.

RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by Ptoye on 11-29-2006 at 07:39 PM

well all ive gotta say is.....Why do you need video playback that much....you dont! a small screen and stupid music videos (  dont tell me that you think you will look cool walking down a street looking at this screen watching a video!) If its compusliry that you have video playback go for the Ipod Video. But my dad has that one and to tell the truth..its a bit heavy! I on the toher hand i have the Ipod nano 4GB. Its great. Its small and tiny! the battery is pritty good. so thats my sugestion.

ZUNE - it has video playback but its huge ...bad buttons....very heavy....and the worst of all they tell you it has Wifi for sending song and stuff to your mates...the only downside you can only play them 3 times! and then you have to buy it! I think this then enliminated the great feature of the wifi...and also that all the wifi can do! so dont go for the Zune if u ask me.

RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by Mike on 11-29-2006 at 07:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ptoye
and the worst of all they tell you it has Wifi for sending song and stuff to your mates...the only downside you can only play them 3 times! and then you have to buy it! I think this then enliminated the great feature of the wifi...and also that all the wifi can do! so dont go for the Zune if u ask me.
Well, I have read somewhere that it's processor can support Linux, so, that can probably be bypassed when Linux is available for Zune :P

Or is Linux already available for Linux?
RE: RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by Ptoye on 11-29-2006 at 07:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Ptoye
and the worst of all they tell you it has Wifi for sending song and stuff to your mates...the only downside you can only play them 3 times! and then you have to buy it! I think this then enliminated the great feature of the wifi...and also that all the wifi can do! so dont go for the Zune if u ask me.
Well, I have read somewhere that it's processor can support Linux, so, that can probably be bypassed when Linux is available for Zune :P

Or is Linux already available for Linux?

well mabay it can but ime not realy sure :P and i mean come on how many people (even if they are able to!) go to the bother of installing it! i mean you hardly want to buy a new MP3 player and then modifie it....and anways i am sure the microsoft will come up with some strange and wonderfully path for this!

i do agree with you though if this is possible it does put the zune further back up the leader board again but still the battery life and such just put it in a meer 3nd or 2nd behind the ipod :D
RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by rav0 on 11-30-2006 at 09:33 AM

If you want video playback, get a PSP, they're not very cheap though (at least in Australia).

Sandisk Sansa players (e200 series) seem nice, I've never used an e200 though (I've tried older ones). Will play whatever music, and just put on the USB mass storage device or use MTP if you really want. Photos and videos need to be converted though.

Don't get an iPod. Especially for video, because the battery life isn't enough.

RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by foaly on 11-30-2006 at 11:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Weyzza
If you do really want to use have video playback capabilities on your player, I suggest you to get Archos.
x2
RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by sljaxon on 11-30-2006 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
quote:
Originally posted by Weyzza
x2
x3

RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by ryxdp on 12-07-2006 at 06:14 AM

I myself own a Sandisk Sansa e250, which is quite good, plays photos, videos, music and FM radio.

I uploaded an episode of something or other to it one day, when I found out it splits the video into separate parts about 10 minutes each.

I think it's meant for music videos, not 30-minute tv shows.

As for the battery, its as good as whatever player that was that actually did last the 20 hours as promised.:P

RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player by Eddie on 12-07-2006 at 06:18 AM

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002-7169265-...o.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go
http://buy.ebay.com/mp3
maybe take a look at them ?? :\