Shoutbox

how come plus! live doesnt work on just one of my contacts? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: how come plus! live doesnt work on just one of my contacts? (/showthread.php?tid=68949)

how come plus! live doesnt work on just one of my contacts? by nip on 11-29-2006 at 03:40 AM

plus! live doesn't seem to work on just one of my contacts, is it plus! live's problem or did the person do something to stop me from using it? As in, I couldn't retrieve history, personalise that contact or save the contact's picture etc.

I have been searching the forum for the solution, I did find one ages ago but I couldn't understand what to do to fix the problem?

Can anyone help me? thanks so much!!!

RE: how come plus! live doesnt work on just one of my contacts? by RaceProUK on 11-29-2006 at 04:14 PM

This is usually caused by different e-mail addrtesses in the contact details. So long as the Primary address is the same as the Instant Messaging address, Plus! should work with that contact.

If you want a more in-depth explanation, I can post one later if you like.

RE: how come plus! live doesnt work on just one of my contacts? by Oxy on 11-29-2006 at 04:20 PM

Sounds obvious, but does he/she have Plus! live installed as well?

RE: how come plus! live doesnt work on just one of my contacts? by RaceProUK on 11-29-2006 at 04:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .OxY
Sounds obvious, but does he/she have Plus! live installed as well?
A lot of Plus! features don't depend on the contact having Plus!.
RE: how come plus! live doesnt work on just one of my contacts? by CookieRevised on 11-29-2006 at 04:37 PM

1) Make sure you have the latest version of Plus! Live (which is 4.11.254)

2) Does that contact have a nickname, different primary email or something else entered in the Windows Live Messenger's contact chart: (right click contact > edit contact). If so make everything normal, restart Messenger and try again...

RE: how come plus! live doesnt work on just one of my contacts? by nip on 11-29-2006 at 05:04 PM

I did everything, but it's still the same, deleted all info that i entered before, updated plus! and restarted msn........ still the same, I remember seeing this problem before on the forum, i think people said it's a bug or something. but don't know what to do....

thanks for helping tho :D