Shoutbox

When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? (/showthread.php?tid=68972)

When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by flanders56 on 11-29-2006 at 07:55 PM

First of all... i sincerely apologise if i have ruined anyones illusions :P of course he's real.... :|

But anyway.. i must have been about 7, and my elder brother ruined it for me.... told me straight :( every christmas since just hasnt been the same, i loved the idea of all his little elfs working hard in his workshop :D

awwww, so when did you people stop "believing"?

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Menthix on 11-29-2006 at 08:00 PM

I never believed in santa in the first place... Sinterklaas FTW \o/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Jimbo on 11-29-2006 at 08:00 PM

Lol, when i was about 8. lmao :lol:

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by prashker on 11-29-2006 at 08:02 PM

Never :p

Hanukkah > Christmas

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Weyzza on 11-29-2006 at 08:04 PM

I never believed in Santa Claus although I sometimes enjoy watching Santa movies.

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by vaccination on 11-29-2006 at 08:12 PM

Santa is real. How do explain him being in so many films :sad:

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Kenji on 11-29-2006 at 08:14 PM

I never belived in "santa"

RE: RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by flanders56 on 11-29-2006 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Santa is real. How do explain him being in so many films :sad:

XD love it!!!
RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Voldemort on 11-29-2006 at 08:20 PM

quote:
Santa is real.

I must have killed him.
RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by saralk on 11-29-2006 at 08:24 PM

I'm not sure if I ever believed in him or not, but I can never remember believing in him. We never really celebrated christmas though.

My next door neighbour thinks that the people dressed as Santa are just Santa' helpers because Santa is to busy.

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Oxy on 11-29-2006 at 08:25 PM

i found out for myself when i was about... 8?
Yes, i think thats when..
Anyway, my older brother had told me he saw santa flying on his slay at around 2am the year before, i wanted to see him :sad: but i conducted this clever scheme.. stay up! :cheesy:
so anyway, i stayed up, looking at my window, hoping to find him.. then, at around 3am i saw something in the reflection of my window, i couldn't believe it, he's finally here!!
By the time i turned around, he was walking into my dads bedroom, i followed, horrified to see my dad about to pick up my stockings :sad:
R.I.P santa :sad:

edit: Hold on.. we're ruining hundreds of kids lives here!

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Supersonicdarky on 11-29-2006 at 08:26 PM

6, asked asked my dad

i'm glad i stopped ;>

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by hexel on 11-29-2006 at 08:33 PM

I think I stopped believing in Santa when I was about... 6 years old (after going to school, that is). My mum told me she had been the one putting all those sweeties in my sock. At first I didn't believe her because my cousin had told me about seeing an elf once (who would you trust, your mum or your best friend, eh)... She was a couple of years older than me though - suppose she just lied. :sad:

But I do have my own personal Santa who shares her candy with me during Christmas. So Santa's spirit isn't quite dead yet.

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Nathan on 11-29-2006 at 08:36 PM

Caw,
Santa clause is real :<
Who else puts all those presents on your bed?
Stop trying to make me think he isnt real :<

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by foaly on 11-29-2006 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
I never believed in santa in the first place... Sinterklaas FTW
x2
RE: RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by J-Thread on 11-29-2006 at 09:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
I never believed in santa in the first place... Sinterklaas FTW \o/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

Sinterklaas is much better then santa, AND he is real. I saw him yesterday, together with some "black pete's" at my university^o)
RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by DarkMe on 11-29-2006 at 09:10 PM

Since i was 6, it was night and i woke up then i suddenly saw my dad so since then i had never believed in them :p

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by elektra on 11-29-2006 at 09:19 PM

I beleived in santa til i was about 9 =/, i kept asking how he could fit throught the chimney, WE HAD NO CHIMNEY! so my dad said we'll leave a key out, when i went to bed i heard my dad saying, what time should i put the presents under the tree.....and also i saw loads of my presents in the attic at christmas eve

Sorry little ones but he is not read
although i have to play along, my brother is 5 so i gotta make him beleive it is true :)

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Chrono on 11-29-2006 at 09:25 PM

probably till the age of 6 or 7 :P. i dont remember how it was, but it wasnt anything sad like the usual "my friends told me and i started crying" kinda story, lol :P

quote:
Originally posted by elektra
although i have to play along, my brother is 5 so i gotta make him beleive it is true 
That's the best part of christmas :cheesy:

Too bad all my brothers are old enough by now :sad:
quote:
Originally posted by .OxY
edit: Hold on.. we're ruining hundreds of kids lives here!
the youngest people around are 12-13 so i dont think you're ruining anything at all :P
RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Tasha on 11-29-2006 at 09:49 PM

I always knew my parents put out the presents, and then more recently, they were all their before christmas eve, so yeah.:P In that sense, for a long time I never believed Santa came down and chimney and put the presents out, though we used to leave mince pies for him, and water and a carrot for Rudolph.:grin:
Aside from that, I guess I do still sort of believe in him, and I did used to, when I was like, 5 or 6, just because it's nice to think there's someone so nice and happy and jolly out there. :happy:

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Thor on 11-29-2006 at 09:52 PM

No santa in my brain. :P

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by wolfeboy100 on 11-29-2006 at 10:03 PM

I think i stopped believing in him at a young age lol, now I just like going to my  cousin saying Santa don't exist

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by ins4ne on 11-29-2006 at 10:07 PM

He doesn't exist?? :O WTF? :'( :'( :'(

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Max on 11-29-2006 at 10:14 PM

I stopped believing in Santa when Tim Allen became him.

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by vaccination on 11-29-2006 at 10:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
though we used to leave mince pies for him, and water and a carrot for Rudolph.:grin:

WATER?! He wants cherry :sad:

Note: i duno how you spell it but it is some alcoholic drink =S
RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Oxy on 11-29-2006 at 10:24 PM

quote:
and a carrot for Rudolph.:grin:

Allways Rudolph.. the other raindeers must feel terrible :sad:

* Oxy gives carrots to Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen :P
RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Nathan on 11-29-2006 at 10:26 PM

quote:
quote:
though we used to leave mince pies for him, and water and a carrot for Rudolph.:grin:

WATER?! He wants cherry :sad:

Note: i duno how you spell it but it is some alcoholic drink =S
Sherry?
:P
RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Knucks on 11-29-2006 at 10:43 PM

I stopped when I was about 11 or 12 because my Mum and Dad thought it was "time" I should know because I was starting to get sarcastic and making my sisters more towards not believing in "Santa" too. :P
Also, on Christmas Eve, my Dad used snow spray on his work boots and printed them onto the rug in front of the fireplace. It was all starting to get a bit too obvious. :P

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Svip on 11-29-2006 at 11:04 PM

Santa Claus?  That's segosa.  So stop not believing in him.  The only thing you believe is that he gives you presents.  He just gives you the finger in reality.

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by sljaxon on 11-29-2006 at 11:38 PM

Ummm... I think at about 4.

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by prashker on 11-30-2006 at 12:09 AM

Oh, also a little off topic, but 'Santa is not real' related material :p

A few years back when my mom was living with a wife of 2 kids like renting the house thing.

The older kid (Age 14) who is a boy was my friend and he knew Santa did not exist.

His younger sister who he picked on alot :p still thought Santa was real.

Anyways, their mom got the milk and cookies ready at like 8pm. And the 2 kids went to bed at around midnight.

I could not sleep so I was watching TV near the milk and cookies :p.

By now it was around 2am.

Their mom came downstairs and said I could eat the milk and cookies :cheesy:

Was Peanut Butter Cookies :refuck:

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by dylan! on 11-30-2006 at 12:21 AM

till like 7 my friends always told me he wasnt but I didnt listen until 7th christmas I slept all day so I could wakeup to see santa but I herd my mom and dad comming in the door at like 2am telling eachother to be quiet not that sad but I think I owed my friend some pokemon cards:sad:

and for the toothfairy I had hunches it wasn't real so I put my tooth IN my pillow case at like 7-8 and my dad woke me up trying to get it and he said he was doing it for the toothfairy but I kept bugging him and he finally gave in and told me and made me promis not to tell my sisters.... I did anyways(6)

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by segosa on 11-30-2006 at 09:28 AM

I've never believed in Santa Claus. As soon as I was old enough to understand the concept, my parents told me that he wasn't real, and in fact just made up. They also told me that other kids' parents made their kids believe that he *was* real, and that I should play along with it when I'm with them (which I did).

The same thing happened with the tooth fairy. I always knew that it was just my parents putting money under my pillow.

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by linx05 on 11-30-2006 at 09:29 AM

* linx05 sits back in his chair writing down notes

So is that why you are so angry segosa?

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Underlord on 11-30-2006 at 09:42 AM

I never believed in Santa Claus.

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
The same thing happened with the tooth fairy. I always knew that it was just my parents putting money under my pillow.
Doesn't every kid know that?
RE: RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by segosa on 11-30-2006 at 09:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
Doesn't every kid know that?

I dunno, I wouldn't have thought so.
RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Vazza on 12-02-2006 at 10:02 PM

Wait? Santa isn't real.....? And neither is the tooth fairy?

NO!!!!!:'(

* Vazza runs arms in air, screaming all the way to therapy

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by vaccination on 12-03-2006 at 12:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan

Sherry?
:P

maybe 8-)
RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by absorbation on 12-03-2006 at 12:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Never :p

Hanukkah > Christmas

That made me laugh :P

Hum around 9 I guess. They were the good Christmas years.
RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Chocolatino on 12-03-2006 at 12:54 AM

wen my mum told me that once her brother said that he would stay up all night and wait for santa. The next morning he came to my mum and said he saw santa but it was weird becuse he was in boxers. Laughed for some time(hope u will to) but it never realy belived in sants anyways.

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by tony on 12-03-2006 at 01:46 AM

never, i always picked up my gifs :P

RE: RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Rolando on 12-03-2006 at 02:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by elektra

Sorry little ones but he is not read
although i have to play along, my brother is 5 so i gotta make him beleive it is true :)

Santa can't read? :|

Anyways, I stopped believing in Santa at about 7. We always celebrate Christmas at my grandparent's (next to my house) and my mom told my dad she wanted to go to the restroom, but at my house :banh:. I told her if she wanted me accompany her and she said I couldnt etc etc. lol. Me and my sister kinda figured it out after that :p

I never believed in the tooth fairy though. Well, "el raton perez" which is the Hispanic (Or atleast in Venezuela) equivalent of the tooth fairy. I mean come on! :p

Nowdays I'm the one buying the stuff my lil cousins ask santa to bring them (Since I live in the US and they live in Venezuela)
RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Pinchichuv on 12-03-2006 at 03:54 AM

what santa doesnt exist nooooooooooooooo :'(
this is gonna be one sad christmas

:lol:

i think when i was like 9

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Eddie on 12-03-2006 at 04:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pinchichuv
i think when i was like 9
me to *-) i think

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Lourix on 12-03-2006 at 05:44 AM

I think it must have been about 9 aswell.

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Nathan on 12-03-2006 at 09:54 AM

Meh
Must of been 9-10 for me because my mum said to my nan look at all of these lovely presents Santa bought.
And Grandma mutters "Don't you mean me?"

And i just stood there in disbelief :P

RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by Oxy on 12-03-2006 at 11:04 AM

quote:
Santa clause is real

quote:
Must of been 9-10 for me

Changed your mind pretty quickly..8-)
RE: When did "You" stop believing in santa claus? by ranicx on 12-03-2006 at 11:21 AM

i dont think i ever believed in santa..

ohwell.. i thought monsters lived under my bed till i was 10 though, haha