Shoutbox

Warning :Another virus spreading fast... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Warning :Another virus spreading fast... (/showthread.php?tid=68973)

Warning :Another virus spreading fast... by Steven on 11-29-2006 at 09:10 PM

I dont know if anyone posted this, but many of my contacts have fallen prey to some kind of trojan, (maybe reported alreayd on some sites) but if you see something like this when some contact is talking to you, dont click:

"Sydney Sinclair<3... NWTOTW I've Been Changed for good</3 says:
is that u?:P http: //modeEDITED FOR OVER EAGER NOOBS"

Please do not click this link. It's not an actual site. It is all just a virus that once comes onto your computer spreads the word by talking on MSN.

And obviously you shouldn't click any weird links normaly, just thought i should warn some newbies. Notify me if i should edit out the URL. I first saw this a week ago, and now about 20 friends have it.

RE: Warning :Another virus spreading fast... by Kenji on 11-29-2006 at 09:13 PM

Its back again 8-)

RE: Warning :Another virus spreading fast... by DarkMe on 11-29-2006 at 09:13 PM

I also have this problems with about 10 contacts but in my case its a zip file.
And cuz they're newbs on the pcs they always click it
Spybot S&D can do the job inst it?

RE: Warning :Another virus spreading fast... by NanaFreak on 11-29-2006 at 09:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steven
Notify me if i should edit out the URL.
take it out....

atleast u dont have n00b friends on msn :P
RE: Warning :Another virus spreading fast... by elektra on 11-29-2006 at 09:28 PM

Thanks for warning us, damn its here again, hopefully it doesnt come to me, it didnt last time
> i hope it doesnt come :sad:
[off-topic]i was just doing a virus/spyware/adware, it is still going atm [/off-topic]

RE: Warning :Another virus spreading fast... by MicroWay on 11-29-2006 at 09:55 PM

Thanks for the warning!!!
My contacts didn't have this, at least now...
But I'll be carefull(Y)

RE: Warning :Another virus spreading fast... by wolfeboy100 on 11-29-2006 at 10:02 PM

atleast one of the people on my contact list had that, but thats cause of her brother i guess
but hopefully no one else gets it

RE: Warning :Another virus spreading fast... by DarkMe on 11-29-2006 at 11:00 PM

I had encountered a problem talking with a contact that i dunno if its related to her spyware, whenever i talk to her after 3 messages more or less my WLM freezes, this only happens for this contact
She has the spyware i mentioned above :s

RE: Warning :Another virus spreading fast... by Nathan on 11-29-2006 at 11:13 PM

Is it only that contact? Or is it everyone you talk to.

RE: Warning :Another virus spreading fast... by DarkMe on 11-29-2006 at 11:20 PM

Just that contact
I've blocked her for now
Is it related to the spyware she has?
Or why is happening to this contact only?

RE: Warning :Another virus spreading fast... by xJ + on 11-30-2006 at 12:37 AM

Thanks for the info... Isn't there a cure for it so that everyone wil be cured eventually rather than having that to be spreaded around....

quote:
Originally posted by DarkMe
I've blocked her for now
Is it related to the spyware she has?
Or why is happening to this contact only?
Probably she doesn't have anti-spyware to scan or anti-virus? While the rest of you contacts have ?