Shoutbox

appear "offline" for some contacts? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: appear "offline" for some contacts? (/showthread.php?tid=68977)

appear "offline" for some contacts? by kennyH on 11-29-2006 at 10:54 PM

Is there a script, that makes you appear "offline" for some selected contackts, and the rest see you as your set status?

i have a couple of contacts i dont wanna talk to, but i dont want the arguing and such, why i dont want to.

i know i could just set my status at offline and talk to my contacts that i want to, but i want my other contacts to see that im online.

RE: appear "offline" for some contacts? by ddunk on 11-29-2006 at 10:56 PM

What's wrong with blocking the contacts that you don't want to talk to?

RE: appear "offline" for some contacts? by Menthix on 11-29-2006 at 10:59 PM

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/80-NightB...-Selective-Talker/ might be what you want if you want to be online for just a few contacts, but if you want to be offline for just a few contacts, take Ddunk's advice.

RE: appear "offline" for some contacts? by kennyH on 11-29-2006 at 11:04 PM

well, if i block them, they will know ive blocked them right?

and i dont want that, since then they will be calling me, and ask me when we meet and such...
im just getting tired of their messages on msn..

RE: appear "offline" for some contacts? by Menthix on 11-29-2006 at 11:08 PM

They could ask people that also have you on their contactlist, if you appear online their, but not on the contact you blocked, yes they will find out. But there is no way to avoid that. You could just simply ignore them or tell them they're being annoying.

RE: appear "offline" for some contacts? by wally_da1 on 12-01-2006 at 08:30 AM

they will know uv blocked them regardless if u appear offline its pretty much the same as blocking them

RE: appear "offline" for some contacts? by kennyH on 12-02-2006 at 06:08 PM

i found this script code, that someone posted, that i could set the people to be ignored by typeing !ignore/!unignore

but it resets everytime i restart messenger.. but it is something...

but i get these persons first messages though.. its not the simplest way, but it seems like the only way...