Shoutbox

/clear and stickyness - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: /clear and stickyness (/showthread.php?tid=68993)

/clear and stickyness by kush on 11-30-2006 at 09:38 AM

hey guys i was wondering why the /clear command was taken out of windows plus live it was in the Messenger Plus, and also when u drag the window to the right or left side it use to stick to the side and resize, it doesnt do that in plus live, can we get that in the next release please?

RE: /clear and stickyness by NanaFreak on 11-30-2006 at 09:42 AM

i think that you should learn to use the Search.... the script has been made here

RE: /clear and stickyness by kush on 11-30-2006 at 09:47 AM

yeah i meant as part of windows plus live, i clearly stated that. it was a part of the original program why was it taken out, also the sticky function

RE: RE: /clear and stickyness by Salem on 11-30-2006 at 06:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kush
yeah i meant as part of windows plus live, i clearly stated that. it was a part of the original program why was it taken out, also the sticky function

Hi Kush

Well...it may not have been "taken out of" MessengerPlus! Live.

MessengerPlus! Live currently only includes a few features from MessengerPlus! 3. This is because Patchou has decided to code MessengerPlus! Live from scratch rather than to build upon the code of MessengerPlus! 3. Due to the amount of work and time involved in re-coding an application and the little time Patchou had in order to do this, he was unable to include all the features in the first release.

Over time we should start seeing the return of some of the features that were last seen in MessengerPlus! Live 3. However, some features (like the ability to rename contacts for example) will not see a return in MessengerPlus! Live as this is now available as part of Windows Live Messenger.

I hope this answers your question.

~Salem(@)
RE: /clear and stickyness by kush on 11-30-2006 at 06:43 PM

ok thanks salem your post was very helpful

RE: RE: /clear and stickyness by Salem on 11-30-2006 at 06:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kush
ok thanks salem your post was very helpful

Its a pleasure. glad i could help.

Oh i just noticed i didn't reply about the docking feature (what you called stickyness). The same applies to the docking as with the /clear feature.

~Salem(@)
RE: /clear and stickyness by CookieRevised on 12-01-2006 at 01:52 AM

Although Salem is correct in his posting, the /clear command wasn't included because of technical issues. Apparently it isn't that easy anymore to clear the text area just like that without some consequences for other stuff. This is something along the lines what Patchou once said about that command (search forums; although it might have been in the private beta section)...

RE: RE: /clear and stickyness by Salem on 12-01-2006 at 08:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Although Salem is correct in his posting, the /clear command wasn't included because of technical issues. Apparently it isn't that easy anymore to clear the text area just like that without some consequences for other stuff. This is something along the lines what Patchou once said about that command (search forums; although it might have been in the private beta section)...

Hi Cookie

Thanks for correcting me, i wasn't aware that that was the reason that it wasn't included. I must've missed that thread.

However, seeing as a script is able to do it, i'm sure Patch could as well (given more time).

~Salem(@)
RE: /clear and stickyness by CookieRevised on 12-01-2006 at 11:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Salem
However, seeing as a script is able to do it, i'm sure Patch could as well (given more time).
A script isn't able to clear the text area either.
RE: /clear and stickyness by MattyRid on 12-01-2006 at 11:51 AM

Salem, I think the script you are referring to does not clear the text area, it just closes and reopens the conversation window with that person