Shoutbox

How much do you earn? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: How much do you earn? (/showthread.php?tid=69006)

How much do you earn? by flanders56 on 11-30-2006 at 06:04 PM

Right people, i have read the rules and to avoid being penalised i have to put this....

You dont HAVE to give out this information if you think it is too "personal" im just interested how much people earn nowadays"

But basically i wanna just find out and get a feel of what jobs prospects have what incomes..

At the moment i only just turned 15 so i arnt alowed a job really and im still in school doing GCSE's obviously but on friday night i wash up at a posh restaurant .. :P for about 4-5 hours work i get 25 quid.. which for my age i spose aint that bad.

RE: How much do you earn? by lordy on 11-30-2006 at 09:48 PM

I earn between 100 and 300AUD a week, depending on how many hours I do, at the moment it's more towards the > $300 mark

RE: How much do you earn? by prashker on 11-30-2006 at 09:50 PM

0$ :p

RE: How much do you earn? by Thor on 11-30-2006 at 09:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
every friday, just stand there and play music all night.

note: i hate my job.
What job do you have?
RE: How much do you earn? by Nathan on 11-30-2006 at 09:52 PM

£5 every week from a fellow mate :P
(we were playing pool, and he didn't know i was pretty good and we were playing for our phones.)
And instead of him giving me his phone (LG chocolate phone) i get £5 a week.
I felt harsh taking his phone :P

RE: How much do you earn? by ins4ne on 11-30-2006 at 09:52 PM

2500€ - 3000€ in a month. Isn't that bad but it's hard work too :( I started with 1800€ - 2000€ 6 months ago :cheesy:

RE: How much do you earn? by Spunky on 11-30-2006 at 09:57 PM

£5.35 an hour. My first job was at age 14 earning £2 an hour. ^o) Glad I was good neough to get a raise :p

RE: How much do you earn? by Nathan on 11-30-2006 at 10:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
£5.35 an hour. My first job was at age 14 earning £2 an hour. ^o) Glad I was good neough to get a raise :p
Where do you work :O
McDonalds get more :P
RE: How much do you earn? by Nagamasa on 11-30-2006 at 10:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
0$ :p

Well $3.00CAD an hour in the summer at my dad's place.
RE: How much do you earn? by Knucks on 11-30-2006 at 10:31 PM

I have a mini job which i do every Wednesday and Friday and get £6.10/hour for 2 hours. Monthly, i get around £100 depending if I get called in for extra days, in which case will increase my monthly wage packet. :)

RE: How much do you earn? by kao on 11-30-2006 at 10:38 PM

£17k now :(

Going up to £20k soon though.

RE: How much do you earn? by Supersonicdarky on 11-30-2006 at 11:56 PM

around $15 a week for helping random people with technical problems ;>

RE: How much do you earn? by Voldemort on 12-01-2006 at 01:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kao
17000Euro?
RE: How much do you earn? by xJ + on 12-01-2006 at 02:06 AM

I earn SGD$0. =(
I do stuffs for free at my own will. I'm not sure why but still doing it, and I'm enjoying it.. lolx.. =X

RE: RE: How much do you earn? by CookieRevised on 12-01-2006 at 02:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ins4ne
2500€ - 3000€ in a month. Isn't that bad but it's hard work too :( I started with 1800€ - 2000€ 6 months ago :cheesy:

??What do you do for work if I may ask? Sell pot? :p

Where I live (Europe/Belgium... and payment in Belgium is more than the average in Europe) people who earn between €2500 - €3000 are people like managers of small companies, or people who already worked for 50years, or people with a very big family to support, etc...

A normal monthly fee for a normal worker who already worked for some years and who is single would be between €1500 and €2000...

A single 19 year old working for his first year or years doesn't useually go above €1100 or something...

(all rough numbers... and a month is roughly 36h/week......   but €3000 o.O)

quote:
Originally posted by kao

...he said with a sad face...
* CookieRevised slaps kao...

you must be selling heroine then :p
RE: RE: RE: How much do you earn? by deAd on 12-01-2006 at 02:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
??What do you do for work if I may ask? Sell pot? :p
quote:

...well now we know what's on your mind :P
RE: How much do you earn? by Voldemort on 12-01-2006 at 02:44 AM

quote:
Sell pot?
Well, he has a pot plant decorating his CPU.
RE: How much do you earn? by ShawnZ on 12-01-2006 at 03:34 AM

quote:
??What do you do for work if I may ask? Sell pot? (Smilie)

Where I live (Europe/Belgium... and payment in Belgium is more than the average in Europe) people who earn between €2500 - €3000 are people like managers of small companies, or people who already worked for 50years, or people with a very big family to support, etc...

A normal monthly fee for a normal worker who already worked for some years and who is single would be between €1500 and €2000...

A single 19 year old working for his first year or years doesn't useually go above €1100 or something...

(all rough numbers... and a month is roughly 36h/week......   but €3000 o.O)

don't forget, he lives in the richest country in the world...
RE: How much do you earn? by Chrono on 12-01-2006 at 03:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
still, i dont think they'd throw money like that :P

... ok, maybe they do? O_o
RE: RE: RE: How much do you earn? by brian on 12-01-2006 at 03:49 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by kao

maybe that's annually? :p
RE: How much do you earn? by Menthix on 12-01-2006 at 04:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by brian
maybe that's annually?
Obviously, but still not bad at all for a 19year old, even very nice.
RE: How much do you earn? by CookieRevised on 12-01-2006 at 04:13 AM

I'm underpayed... well not really, but I work at the state/goverment/whatever you call it in English; aka public sector, not the private sector (paychecks in private sector are always higher).

Not to mention that in my kind of job payment is never really high in general. It's something you do because you like it, otherwise nobody is so stupid to do it :p

€1300 bruto /month (or something I believe, dunno exactly, must lookup... though the same exact job I did a few years back but in private sector was €1700 bruto, so... go figure :p)

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
still, i dont think they'd throw money like that :P
... ok, maybe they do? O_o
apparently they do.... crap....
Well I can understand higher paychecks because of less taxes etc (hence why so many invest in something there or put their money on the bank there), though, it is still twice the "normal" amount :/

* CookieRevised moves to Luxembourg...

Still, what do you do as job, ins4ne?

RE: How much do you earn? by Dempsey on 12-01-2006 at 09:12 AM

I think I'm on £16k now, getting a rise soon parently. 

Plus I'm technically self employed as well with computer stuff I do, earning me about another £6/7k.

So can't really complain (mo) :D

RE: How much do you earn? by NanaFreak on 12-01-2006 at 09:21 AM

:sad: i earn $0 but im hoping to with the scripting competition :cheesy: oh well you cant really complain for being 14 ( almost 15 yays :cheesy: )

RE: How much do you earn? by Felu on 12-01-2006 at 10:14 AM

$1-2 a week [Image: msn_grin.gif]. Google Adsense [Image: msn_tongue.gif].

I wish i could earn more.

RE: How much do you earn? by Dempsey on 12-01-2006 at 10:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-

I wish i could earn more.
:O /me wishes I earnt that much on Adsense :(
RE: How much do you earn? by vaccination on 12-01-2006 at 11:14 AM

£0 yay nothing =)

I want a job...but it's hard to find at job at 14(well nearly 15) And i would probably like get lazy and stop doing it :P

RE: How much do you earn? by ins4ne on 12-01-2006 at 11:31 AM

@ Cookie: I work at my dad's factory ;). Maybe now you know why i get that much of money. Before that i worked for another company and earned the 1500-2000 like you said. But then i got tired of that shitty pay and went to my dad's. I sit there with some guys on their pc's working with autoCAD. I normally write emails or sell/order things :cheesy:.

RE: How much do you earn? by MeEtc on 12-01-2006 at 12:48 PM

$8.00/h CAD I'm an childcare monitor for an elementary school.
My last job was $10.00/h for assistant manager at a store

RE: How much do you earn? by kao on 12-01-2006 at 01:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
Originally posted by kao
17000Euro?
uh, £20000 GBP i said?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by kao

If IT Support counts as selling smack, then sure =p

edit: after reading posts after that, yes, it's anually you fools ;p
RE: How much do you earn? by Adeptus on 12-01-2006 at 01:45 PM

quote:

Curiosity question about that:

You make a number of references to family size (or lack thereof).  Assuming we are talking about earned income (salary) and you are not factoring in payments under some government welfare program -- what does that have to do with anything? 

I would hope that you are not suggesting private employers in Belgium take in consideration family size to decide how much to pay people for the same work.

Or, perhaps, are you referring to after tax money and the difference in taxation based on family status?
RE: How much do you earn? by user27089 on 12-01-2006 at 02:32 PM

At the moment I earn around £40 a week (doing 6 hours on a sunday 9 till 3 at Somerfield).

But i'm getting a new job soon, at Next or Debenhams, with more hours.

Plus I get paid for the odd website design and working with my dad every now and then.

Oh, I also get £30 a week for going to school off of the government, then I get £100 at the end of every term as a bonus (h). I love EMA. But my Dad's accountant was stupid and we've been sent the forms back again, but when we send it off this last time, I'll get back payments from September to now :D.

RE: How much do you earn? by markee on 12-01-2006 at 03:00 PM

Well I don't have a job and I haven't ever had a job (seems like it's rare for an 18y.o. not to have had a job) but I have decided that I going to look for one over the holidays as they are so long.  I can't wait until I finish my uni course though (accounting and mathematics [Image: refuck.gif]) because I should earn about A$45k a year as a starting wage for either an accountant or mathematicians (though I could earn more in the UK.... but I'll wait util I have some professional recognition after another 3 years of study [Image: xso_sad.gif])

RE: How much do you earn? by Sunshine on 12-01-2006 at 03:04 PM

I get around 160 Eur a month (from the government/income taxes, hard to explain in english what its for exactly...it's not disability pay and i'm not on the dole either even tho i don't have a job). Besides that i get/earn my webspace and domain.

RE: How much do you earn? by John Anderton on 12-01-2006 at 03:14 PM

Is "none of your damn buisness" an option? :P

RE: RE: How much do you earn? by flanders56 on 12-01-2006 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Is "none of your damn buisness" an option? :P

please read what i put at the top... i said...

"if you feel that this information is to private.. there is no need for you to comment.."

well that to some effect.
RE: How much do you earn? by Zephyr on 12-01-2006 at 06:01 PM

I get £6 an hour, working at White Hart Lane, home of the mighty Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

I serve drinks to the players in the tunnel at half time and full time and to anyone else who wants drinks in the tunnel. So i get to meet all the footballers (know a lot of the spurs players pretty well) and i get to watch the match from the tunnel just behind where the manager stands. I love my job, i would do it even if i wasn't paid, but the money is also nice. :p

RE: RE: How much do you earn? by flanders56 on 12-01-2006 at 06:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr
I get £6 an hour, working at White Hart Lane, home of the mighty Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

I serve drinks to the players in the tunnel at half time and full time and to anyone else who wants drinks in the tunnel. So i get to meet all the footballers (know a lot of the spurs players pretty well) and i get to watch the match from the tunnel just behind where the manager stands. I love my job, i would do it even if i wasn't paid, but the money is also nice. :p

HA HAH HA a nice one mate.. big up the yids.. im also a fellow spurs supporter mate.. nice job :D
RE: RE: How much do you earn? by CookieRevised on 12-01-2006 at 06:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
I would hope that you are not suggesting private employers in Belgium take in consideration family size to decide how much to pay people for the same work.
no

quote:
Originally posted by AdeptusOr, perhaps, are you referring to after tax money and the difference in taxation based on family status?
yes..

if you live alone, have children (and their age), are married, etc is all taken into consideration.

Here we pay little for health care, social security etc, it is in the form of taxes and stuff. It is a better system as eg USA where extremely many people don't even have health care or can't afford it and sometimes they even don't help you out if you can't show some insurance papers and stuff. Health care here is almost as good as free, for everybody, the drawback is that everybody pays a little bit for everybody so paychecks are always a lot bigger (gross amount) than what you actually get (net amount).
RE: How much do you earn? by Adeptus on 12-02-2006 at 01:04 AM

quote:
Here we pay little for health care, social security etc, it is in the form of taxes and stuff. It is a better system as eg USA where extremely many people don't even have health care or can't afford it and sometimes they even don't help you out if you can't show some insurance papers and stuff. Health care here is almost as good as free, for everybody, the drawback is that everybody pays a little bit for everybody so paychecks are always a lot bigger (bruto) than what you actually get (netto).
Yes.  I am familiar with that.  :P  It wasn't clear to me what you meant at first, because it is customary (at least where I hail from) to quote pre-tax salary when discussing how much one is paid.

As for how great an extensive social services system at the expense of the taxpayer is -- like all instances of wealth redistribution, it is a step toward Karl Marx's "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" concept, which obviously only benefits those of lesser ability.

That said, I would most certainly rather pay for healthcare for some poor family with young kids than for invading random arab countries -- which, sadly, I am indirectly paying for at the moment. 

While I am not originally from US, I have worked in US longer than anywhere else and can recall only one 6-month stint I did ages ago, where I didn't have private health insurance fully paid for by my employer.  So, people who don't have it are obviously in the wrong line of work.

The upside of the US system is that if you have insurance coverage and if you need something serious done, you will get it done promptly and won't end up waiting in a long line.  That doesn't seem to be the case in countries with socialized medicine -- at least, it doesn't seem to be the case in Canada and UK.  I personally know people in both, who have waited for non-critical (but definitely quality of life improving) medical services for years.  That wouldn't happen here, because there is enough money in it for capacity to outpace demand.

Of course, now we are way off the original topic.  You should talk on IRC sometime; it could be fun.  :P
RE: How much do you earn? by CookieRevised on 12-02-2006 at 01:38 AM

[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
The upside of the US system is that if you have insurance coverage and if you need something serious done, you will get it done promptly and won't end up waiting in a long line.  That doesn't seem to be the case in countries with socialized medicine -- at least, it doesn't seem to be the case in Canada and UK.  I personally know people in both, who have waited for non-critical (but definitely quality of life improving) medical services for years.  That wouldn't happen here, because there is enough money in it for capacity to outpace demand.
If people need to wait a couple of days for non-critical things to be done, it is because more important critical things of other people come first. I don't see anything wrong in that, in fact I wouldn't want it in any other way.

Apposed to getting people in front of line, eventhough they have something non-critical, while those others have criticial things but are uninsuranced.

And waiting for years for something non-critical has got nothing todo with all this. If they needed to wait for years it is because something was not available at that time (donor, medical knowhow, whatever) or wasn't opssible todo on their age, etc. There are perfect reason for something like that. Even if those people lived in the US and had the best medial plan available they still would have been waiting "for years".

[/OFF TOPIC]
RE: How much do you earn? by Adeptus on 12-02-2006 at 10:56 AM

quote:
If people need to wait a couple of days for non-critical things to be done, it is because more important critical things of other people come first.  And waiting for years for something non-critical has got nothing todo with all this. If they needed to wait for years it is because something was not available at that time (donor, medical knowhow, whatever) or wasn't opssible todo on their age, etc. There are perfect reason for something like that. Even if those people lived in the US and had the best medial plan available they still would have been waiting "for years".
Actually, in at least one of the specific cases I mention, the wait was not for anything of the sort you suggest.  It was for availability of the operating theater at a Vancouver hospital -- apparently a scarce resource.  That clearly is a problem of insufficient capital investment and poor management on part of the government in charge of socialized medicine

That would not happen in the US, simply because operating such a facility here makes one very good money.  Consequently, there are more facilities than required available at any given time.

RE: How much do you earn? by saralk on 12-02-2006 at 11:22 AM

quote:
While I am not originally from US, I have worked in US longer than anywhere else and can recall only one 6-month stint I did ages ago, where I didn't have private health insurance fully paid for by my employer.  So, people who don't have it are obviously in the wrong line of work.

I'm not sure what type of work you do, but I assume it isn't working at WalMart or another low skilled job. A lot of people don't get healthcare because their employer doesn't provide it, and they can't afford healthcare because of the cost of being poor (i.e. paying for cheaper stuff that'll need to be replaced more often, and so cost more long term)
RE: How much do you earn? by Vazza on 12-02-2006 at 09:55 PM

I get 60 GBP a week for working the weekend (basically 14 hours a week although I do swear that it should have gone up) On the odd occassion that I work as a Clincal Support Worker/ Healthcare Assistant, I get 25GBP per shift (before tax) or more depending when I do the shift i.e. nightshift/weekend/bank holiday (plus whatever I make on eBay (a))

RE: How much do you earn? by Stigmata on 12-02-2006 at 10:04 PM

£31 quid working 11 - 5:30 every sunday

heh.. when i wasn't schooling i was picking up about £200 quid a week from working two jobs

RE: How much do you earn? by Lourix on 12-02-2006 at 10:09 PM

It depends, I earn as much as I work practically.

RE: RE: How much do you earn? by Baggins on 12-02-2006 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-

would adsense in signatues be allowed because the results returned would be relevant?
RE: How much do you earn? by Curtis on 12-02-2006 at 10:48 PM

Used to earn bout $200 a year if you include all my birthday and christmas money.  I made a lot of money babysitting.

RE: How much do you earn? by Menthix on 12-02-2006 at 11:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Baggins
would adsense in signatues be allowed because the results returned would be relevant?
No, Google (and all other ad companies) only allow you to place ads on sites you directly own.
RE: How much do you earn? by NanaFreak on 12-03-2006 at 12:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Baggins
you cant even have them in your sig.... you need html enamled to do that.... + what MenthiX said
RE: How much do you earn? by absorbation on 12-03-2006 at 12:30 AM

$20 a week, I hope to make it $80 within the next 3 months :P

My job involves doing nothing :banana:

RE: How much do you earn? by Stigmata on 12-03-2006 at 12:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
if you include all my birthday and christmas money.

You didn't earn that
RE: How much do you earn? by FrozenDaggers on 12-03-2006 at 12:37 AM

£4.25 per hour atm. Normally do about 9-10 hours a week.

RE: How much do you earn? by DarkMe on 12-03-2006 at 12:56 AM

I earn $100 per week and sometimes $80 extras :p

RE: How much do you earn? by Rolando on 12-03-2006 at 02:21 AM

I don't work, but I get all I want [/spoiled]

lmao jk.

I dont work. 8-)

RE: How much do you earn? by Pipish on 12-03-2006 at 03:42 AM

80 bucks a week :P