Shoutbox

[Request] read our hotmail emails inside messanger or Convo - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] read our hotmail emails inside messanger or Convo (/showthread.php?tid=69040)

[Request] read our hotmail emails inside messanger or Convo by Wally on 12-01-2006 at 11:12 AM

Is there a script that can let you read your emails while your inside messenger instead of going into hotmail if not PLZ can some one make one PLZ

RE: [Request] read our hotmail emails inside messanger or Convo by TheGuruSupremacy on 12-01-2006 at 11:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wally lebo rambo
Is there a script that can let you read your emails while your inside messenger instead of going into hotmail if not PLZ can some one make one PLZ

i think any script can do it........it would be possible but if I don't remember badly pop3 in hotmail is disabled....so i think it's impossible and if it is possible it would be very difficult
RE: [Request] read our hotmail emails inside messanger or Convo by RaceProUK on 12-01-2006 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy
if I don't remember badly pop3 in hotmail is disabled
Indeed, unless you have an MSN Premium subscription.
RE: RE: [Request] read our hotmail emails inside messanger or Convo by TheGuruSupremacy on 12-01-2006 at 04:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:

who would be so stupid to subscrive a premium account??....(20$ for year)eheheehehh.....a lot of  provider (like gmail) is better and free
than hotmail....
RE: [Request] read our hotmail emails inside messanger or Convo by CookieRevised on 12-02-2006 at 01:14 AM

quote:
who would be so stupid to subscrive a premium account??....(20$ for year)eheheehehh.....a lot of  provider (like gmail) is better and free
than hotmail....
Because gmail does not properly support POP3 for starters.

There are reasons why people subscribe for email accounts. And they mostly are because of the services connected to them, the amount of data you can send and the storage, etc...

quote:
It is possible. But tbh, quite useless, so what is the point?

You would have far better service, less bugs, more control, etc if you actually access your mail in the normal way.

And if you speak about hotmail, accessing your email there is only 1 click on a button away in Messenger and it would sign you in automatically and bring you to your inbox etc....

If such a script to access hotmail in Messenger is made, it would actually be nothing more than the very same thing you see and do if you access it using MSIE.
RE: [Request] read our hotmail emails inside messanger or Convo by Wally on 12-02-2006 at 03:41 AM

oh ok thanks but the reason i suggested this is because i just really dislike internet explorer its just to slow and full of spyware id rather it open with firefox i was gonna suggest this as well but i thought it wouldnt be possible at all

RE: [Request] read our hotmail emails inside messanger or Convo by linx05 on 12-02-2006 at 06:43 AM

*sigh*

When StuffPlug3 comes out you will be able to use its Default Browser feature to open up your emails in your ... default browser.

RE: [Request] read our hotmail emails inside messanger or Convo by CookieRevised on 12-02-2006 at 07:22 AM

quote:
oh ok thanks but the reason i suggested this is because i just really dislike internet explorer its just to slow and full of spyware id rather it open with firefox i was gonna suggest this as well but i thought it wouldnt be possible at all
if a script is going to do it it is going to use MSIE just as well. And there is no spwyare in MSIE though, neither can you get spyware faster or whatever when you use MSIE... It depends on your browser settings; you can get spyware with any browser, inlcuding FireFox, etc.
RE: RE: [Request] read our hotmail emails inside messanger or Convo by Agret on 12-02-2006 at 07:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
than hotmail....
Because gmail does not properly support POP3 for starters.
gmail does support POP3 properly... :S You can tell it to archive the messages or leave them in inbox when accessed via pop
RE: [Request] read our hotmail emails inside messanger or Convo by CookieRevised on 12-03-2006 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Agret
gmail does support POP3 properly... :S You can tell it to archive the messages or leave them in inbox when accessed via pop
both which has got little todo with it. Gmail supports pop3 partially, not fully last time I checked.

RE: [Request] read our hotmail emails inside messanger or Convo by RaceProUK on 12-03-2006 at 11:16 PM

quote:
you can get spyware with any browser, inlcuding FireFox, etc.
Though some are more vulnerable than others, especially IE and Firefox. And before anyone goes on about how Firefox is more secure, it's now suffering fromits own popularity. A bit like IE suffers from its dominance.
quote:
Gmail supports pop3 partially, not fully last time I checked.
Correct: IIRC, it doesn't report the mail counts properly. There may be others, but I don't use GMail enough to find all of them.
RE: [Request] read our hotmail emails inside messanger or Convo by mickael9 on 12-04-2006 at 03:30 PM

quote:
quote:
When you use Windows Live Mail Desktop, it activates the Hotmail SOAP Web service :p
RE: [Request] read our hotmail emails inside messanger or Convo by RaceProUK on 12-06-2006 at 09:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mickael9
quote:
quote:
When you use Windows Live Mail Desktop, it activates the Hotmail SOAP Web service :p
Last time I checked, SOAP isn't POP3, so is irrelevant in this discussion.