Shoutbox

Desktop contact status - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Desktop contact status (/showthread.php?tid=69043)

Desktop contact status by ClaudePlus on 12-01-2006 at 02:59 PM

Bonjour,

Since the 4.10 version I noticed that the state of the desktop contacts are not always synchronized with the ones in WLM.

When it happens, it is correct at startup , but  after when a contact status changes , the one on the desktop doesn't.

After some investigations, I noticed that the changes are not reflected in the event viewer, it is like if MsgPlus did not see those contacts status change.

The stop and restart of  WLM cure the problem.

Any idea?

Best regards
Claude

RE: Desktop contact status by RaceProUK on 12-01-2006 at 04:14 PM

Try updating to 4.11, and see ifthe problem has been fixed.

RE: Desktop contact status by ClaudePlus on 12-01-2006 at 06:14 PM

Yes it is the same with the 4.11 version
Claude

RE: Desktop contact status by Patchou on 12-01-2006 at 07:17 PM

please send me an email at mplus@patchou.com

RE: Desktop contact status by fishlips20 on 12-14-2006 at 10:49 PM

Same here.

My desktop contacts appear offline until i click on them... then they are synced with WLM.

very very weird.

RE: Desktop contact status by Menthix on 12-15-2006 at 12:42 AM

Hmm, I noticed have similar problems too.

Most of the time when I notice it it is at signin, certain contacts appear offline in the MP!L floats, while they are online or some other status in the contact list. After a while it solves, probably like fishlips said. Appears to happen randomly, a lot of the time everything just goes right.

MP!L 4.11
WLM 8.1 (definitely with the last build, now on the 168 build since a few days, guess it wont make a difference)

RE: Desktop contact status by Supersonicdarky on 12-15-2006 at 01:36 AM

i just realised i have the same problem, happens to me when messenger isnt patched. I just updated to latest version of wlm and all desktop contacts appeared offline even though they were online in the contact list. clicked fixed it. Then i patch messenger when when i sign in they show up fine as soon as it loads :/