Shoutbox

Nudge Blocker - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Nudge Blocker (/showthread.php?tid=69049)

Nudge Blocker by Dethredic on 12-01-2006 at 08:35 PM

I think this is out there already.

I have used the msn msss tweak so i can send unlimited nudges as well as other things.
I have also used it to make nudges not annoying. It now makes them act like normal text (no noise/shaking/putting window to the top)

I showed it to a friend who was amazed by it (he thinks it is hacking).
Now nudges me all the time just for fun, not that it annoys me very much, but he thinks he is a hacker now too. (not saying i was one in the first place)

I need a way so that when he sends a nudge to me it doesn't go through. (like when people use other programs that don't support nudges). So when he tries to nudge me nothing happens to me, and it says: unable to send nudge or whatever. (It doesn't just have to block his nudges, could do everyones)

Is there a script or program out there that will do this?

RE: Nudge Blocker by Baggins on 12-01-2006 at 08:48 PM

Maybe change client version number when it is sent to the server.

Would other features of messenger still be avalbile though?

RE: Nudge Blocker by Oxy on 12-01-2006 at 09:02 PM

Just go onto Personal Settings > Messages and un-select "allow me to send/recieve nudges". He/She will no longer be able to send you a nudge!

RE: RE: Nudge Blocker by CookieRevised on 12-01-2006 at 09:14 PM

Discussed before, always search before posting....
Blocking nudges, buzzes or zumbidos [SOLVED]
[Request] Block on x nudges in x seconds
etc

quote:
Originally posted by Dethredic
I think this is out there already.
Is there a script or program out there that will do this?
CookieRevised's reply to [Request] Block on x nudges in x seconds

Though this will not block a nudge from reaching you, but it will block the contact who is flooding you with nudges so he can't nudge you anymore.

Benefits:
- you have a flood protection
- your contact is warned that he is doing something very annoying and is punished
- no other contacts are hurt
- someone who does have a legit reason to nudge you, can still do it

quote:
Originally posted by Baggins
Maybe change client version number when it is sent to the server.
Only possible if you can make a proxy which intercepts and can change protocol messages. Or if you know where to patch messenger.
quote:
Originally posted by Baggins
Would other features of messenger still be avalbile though?
Depends on what you exactly do. There might be a specific flag stating your client does or does not support nudges, in that case it wont influence anything else. However it might also be that there isn't a specific flag for only nudges and in that case you will loose more functions than simply that.

quote:
Originally posted by .OxY
Just go onto Personal Settings > Messages and un-select "allow me to send/recieve nudges". He/She will no longer be able to send you a nudge!
yes, but neither can you.
RE: Nudge Blocker by Dethredic on 12-02-2006 at 02:29 AM

Ya nothing is exactly what i want.

I want to send nudges to him, but i don't want him to send nudges to me.
The nudge flooding isn't the issue, i just don't want him to send nudges to me to show him up! (cause he thinks he is a hacker!)

Can someone write a script for that or something?
RE: Nudge Blocker by Baggins on 12-03-2006 at 10:17 PM

nudge flood protection could be modified to block all nudges from one contact.

RE: Nudge Blocker by Dethredic on 12-03-2006 at 11:56 PM

ok i modified the values to:

var floodCount = 0;        // max amount of nudges allowed in the time period
var floodTime = 0;        // period for floodchecking, in milliseconds
var blockTime = -1;        // period the contact is being block, in milliseconds
                        // (-1 = indefinitely, aka: contacts will not be unblocked automatically)
var blockMessage = false    // true = contact will be notified that he is blocked
                        // false = contact will not be notified

This is supposed to not let anyone be able to nudge me, but it didn't work.
Did I do something wrong?

RE: RE: Nudge Blocker by pollolibredegrasa on 12-04-2006 at 12:40 AM

quote:

Erm, flood check every 0 milliseconds? That basically means it will never check....

I don't know what the default value is, but if this is used in a timer then constantly checking for stuff will probably add load to your CPU, so it's probably best to leave it as it is.

quote:
This is supposed to not let anyone be able to nudge me, but it didn't work.

No, the purpose of the script is to block people who send many nudges immediately after the other:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Though this will not block a nudge from reaching you, but it will block the contact who is flooding you with nudges so he can't nudge you anymore.

so at least 1 nudge has to be received before it kicks in, hence

quote:
var floodCount = 0; // max amount of nudges allowed in the time period

is also wrong, as the minimum number of nudges detected can only be greather than one...

Or at least thats my understanding of this script anyway, so anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ;)

RE: Nudge Blocker by Dethredic on 12-04-2006 at 01:00 AM

Could someone help me use this so it works as i would like it too?

RE: Nudge Blocker by xxx-jemmer-xxx on 12-04-2006 at 03:59 AM

hey i was just wondering were did u get the thing so that u can nudge ppl non stop

RE: Nudge Blocker by matty on 12-04-2006 at 04:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xxx-jemmer-xxx
hey i was just wondering were did u get the thing so that u can nudge ppl non stop
Mess.be? Its called MessPatch I dont think there is a script to Patchy Messenger to allow multiple nudging.
RE: Nudge Blocker by Dethredic on 12-04-2006 at 09:14 PM

Well, Does anyone have a solution to my problem?

RE: Nudge Blocker by Spunky on 12-04-2006 at 09:29 PM

I think your best option is to patch messenger using MessPatch to stop the nudges from shaking the window (and IIRC making a sound).

RE: Nudge Blocker by MicroWay on 12-04-2006 at 09:35 PM

Or, another idea is you to use NudgeBack
Any time you recieve a nudge, it will be automaticly a nudge-back.

Or block your contact.

RE: RE: Nudge Blocker by CookieRevised on 12-04-2006 at 11:44 PM

quote:
ok i modified the values to:

var floodCount = 0;        // max amount of nudges allowed in the time period
var blockTime = -1;        // period the contact is being block, in milliseconds
                        // (-1 = indefinitely, aka: contacts will not be unblocked automatically)
var blockMessage = false    // true = contact will be notified that he is blocked
                        // false = contact will not be notified

This is supposed to not let anyone be able to nudge me, but it didn't work. Did I do something wrong?
yes, you've set everything wrong...

Put everything back to what it was and alter the stuff logically.

var floodCount = 2;
var floodTime = 10000;
var blockTime = -1;
var blockMessage = true;

This will allow 2 nudges within 10 seconds, anything above will block the contact until you unblock him again yourself. A message is shown to the contact prior to blocking so he knows why he is blocked (I advise to leave this on, blocking a contact without letting him know why will either make him wanting to do it more or he either wont have a clue what he did wrong and will do it again).

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
Originally posted by xxx-jemmer-xxx
Mess.be? Its called MessPatch...

I dont think there is a script to Patchy Messenger to allow multiple nudging.
yes there is

"CookieRevised's reply to Unlimited Nudges script"
RE: Nudge Blocker by Dethredic on 12-05-2006 at 01:39 AM

You guys are missing the point a bit

1) I don't want to block him
2) I want to be able to send nudges to him
3) I don't want him to send nudges to me
4) I am not worried about him annoying because when he nudges me the window doesn't shake, move to the top or make noise

This is supposed to be like: "Ha ha! I can nudge you and you can't nudge me back!!"

RE: Nudge Blocker by CookieRevised on 12-05-2006 at 01:52 AM

quote:
You guys are missing the point a bit
We're not though... we are pointing you to alternatives because the thing you ask isn't available.

EDIT

quote:
Ok, you could have just told me the first time...
from the first reply in this thread people are giving you alternatives

:dodgy:
RE: Nudge Blocker by Dethredic on 12-05-2006 at 03:06 PM

Ok, you could have just told me the first time...

RE: Nudge Blocker by Jarrod on 12-12-2006 at 10:07 PM

i had a thought have a look at the code in the nudgeback script and it scans the packet for the nudge data could you convert that command to a string or something so you end up interceping the nudge right before it nudges you.

might not work but worth a thought

RE: Nudge Blocker by CookieRevised on 12-13-2006 at 12:55 AM

It doesn't work that way...

Packages are either 'sniffed', which means they are detected but not interfeared with, like used in NudgeBack, Open Convo Notifiers, etc, and all other scripts depending on a sniffer like Xniff.

Or either you create a 'proxy' which will sit between the internet connection and the client and thus can do whatever it wants with the recieved and sent packages.

Converting something to a string or whatever else does not intercept anything or does anything, it just converts it to a string.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Only possible if you can make a proxy which intercepts and can change protocol messages. Or if you know where to patch messenger.

RE: Nudge Blocker by Jarrod on 12-13-2006 at 10:59 AM

you like way smarter than me cookie so i'll take your word for it but if you used packet sniffing to pick up when the nudge was sent couldn't it be told something else like

_________
puesdocode

var trynudge
var nudged  // sets the value of the packet to here

sniffed packet = nudged

when  sniffedpacket == nudged
do
msgbox "  "  /to print nothing or set a value to prevent nudging

quiet possibally won't work or you guys would have thought of it all ready.

if you don't want your contact to nudge you but you can nudge them just appear off line and you can nudge them but the other way around it says contact appears to be offline

RE: Nudge Blocker by CookieRevised on 12-13-2006 at 11:08 AM

Yes you could do some action when a nudge is recieved, but with packet sniffing you can not dismiss or change packets. The packets will still be handled by Messenger and thus Messenger will still shake the convo window and all.

If you don't want to shake your window and make a sound and all that (because it isn't that easy to exactly 100% simulate a decent nudge with a script), but you want a toast to popup or something, it would be much easier because then you could simply globally disable nudging by patching Messenger.

But you can not just disable Messenger from shaking the window and all when it recieves a nudge without patching Messenger. And patching will mean it will be disabled for all contacts.

With a proxy you can pick out individual packets for specific contacts and then dismiss those packets so messenger wont recieve them for those specific contacts.