Shoutbox

Cannot Properly Install. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Cannot Properly Install. (/showthread.php?tid=69059)

Cannot Properly Install. by Lilium on 12-02-2006 at 08:03 AM

I finally decided to download Windows Live Messenger today, and right away went to installing the suiting Plus! extension since MSN is incomplete and not as fun to use without it! However, throughout the now six times I've tried to install it today, it just hasn't worked. I've tried the latest, earlier ones, and all of them meet the same fate.

After loading the installation window, an error alert pops up about a file ending in the extension ".dll", saying that it is not a valid image file or something of that sort. I check the "Plus!" menu in the top menu of Live Messenger, and my options are: Software Not Loaded... and About Messenger Plus!. When I click the first option every time, it gives me this message:

"An error occured which prevented Messenger Plus! Live from loading properly. You can try reinstalling the software or wait for an update to be available."

After many attempts that failed and finding that even other versions reacted exactly the same, I've grown frustrated that I can't install it, because I'm eager to use it. Does anyone know what the cause of this problem might be and if there are any solutions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(I am using a Windows XP Home Edition, version 5.1, with Live Messenger, of course!)

RE: Cannot Properly Install. by Felu on 12-02-2006 at 08:08 AM

-Uninstall WLM
-Delete MSN Messenger Folder In Program Files
-Install WLM
-Install MP!L

That might work.

RE: Cannot Properly Install. by Lilium on 12-02-2006 at 08:45 AM

It worked! Thank you so much.

RE: Cannot Properly Install. by Meika on 12-06-2006 at 09:24 AM

*hugs you*

thank you
thank you
thank you

RE: Cannot Properly Install. by stellina89 on 12-09-2006 at 05:35 PM

Hey every time messenger plus uninstalls itself and that never happened before.. has it got something to do with messenger gradiator? please help
thanks

RE: Cannot Properly Install. by elektra on 12-09-2006 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stellina89
Hey every time messenger plus uninstalls itself and that never happened before.. has it got something to do with messenger gradiator? please help
thanks
Well try navigating to C:/program files/Messenger Plus! Live/scripts and delete the ones in there, then uninstall after go to C:/program files/ and delete messenger plus live then download and install from this website :P
RE: Cannot Properly Install. by Oxy on 12-09-2006 at 06:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by elektra
install from this website
You wont get anything from "this" website, this is the support forums 8-)
CLICK HERE FOR MESSENGER PLUS! LIVE 4.11 ;)
RE: Cannot Properly Install. by aaronjones3593 on 12-28-2006 at 01:49 PM

Anyone recieving this error doesn't have to uninstall anything or delete anything except the file C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msgslang(2).dll if it exists.

Also, C:\Program Files\Messenger is completely un-related to MSN Messenger. and C:\Program Files\MSN Gaming Zone is undeletable because it contains files used by other sections of the operating system. If it is deleted, it will simply just return. It is unrelated to MSN Messenger / Windows Live Messenger and does not need to be deleted.

Hope that clears things up.

EDIT: Yes, I only joined the forums to post this.

RE: Cannot Properly Install. by CookieRevised on 12-30-2006 at 05:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aaronjones3593
EDIT: Yes, I only joined the forums to post this.
Sorry, but this information was already posted in more detail here: "CookieRevised's reply to Error Message When Installing." ;)

next time search first :p