Shoutbox

what should i do? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: what should i do? (/showthread.php?tid=69135)

what should i do? by Discrate on 12-04-2006 at 05:21 AM

i need help. i have someone has sent me 300 dollars over paypal but i dont no what its for or who the person is who sent me it. what should i do? should i accept it? could it be stolen money?

RE: what should i do? by ShawnZ on 12-04-2006 at 05:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
could it be stolen money?

who gives a shit?
RE: what should i do? by zach on 12-04-2006 at 05:40 AM

That's weird. I haven't used paypal but is it possible that they can later decide to pull out so you think you have got $300 but they are really just playing with you?

RE: what should i do? by NiteMare on 12-04-2006 at 06:06 AM

send it to me:P, i'll take the guilt off your hands:P
but basicly if you don't hear anything in like 3 weeks, then its yours

RE: what should i do? by Woraug on 12-04-2006 at 07:51 AM

Leave the money where it is for now.  For all you know, it might have been for someone else's Ebay or something, and it was sent to the wrong account.  Though, as NiteMare said, if it's still there is a few weeks, take it.

RE: what should i do? by MicroWay on 12-04-2006 at 11:51 AM

Ohhh.. it was mine... my mistake... :P

Ok... I agree with the idea to leave it and after a time it's yours. Remember that you didn't say to anybody to put  $300 on your paypall account

RE: what should i do? by prashker on 12-04-2006 at 12:34 PM

I say accept it. If they want the money back because they know they sent it to the wrong person :p. They can file a dispute, and you can just say "Oh, woops" or something, and refund it :p

Either than that, lol lucky :p

RE: what should i do? by flanders56 on 12-04-2006 at 09:04 PM

i wudnt spend it for a few months just in case things get hairy... in that case you can easily avoid any trouble by denying you have been aware of it. but keep it :P

RE: what should i do? by elektra on 12-04-2006 at 09:15 PM

Well you are lucky, just stay low, dont go round bragging and just keep it on the d-low, after a month or so go crazy an early christmas presant :P

RE: what should i do? by Oxy on 12-04-2006 at 09:32 PM

if i were you, i'd take it :P if it wasnt meant to be yours, it's their problem. they sent it to the wrong person. let them deal with it.

quote:
Originally posted by elektra
after a month or so go crazy an early christmas presant
in a month? christmas will be gone...

EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by flanders56
i wudnt spend it for a few months just in case things get hairy... in that case you can easily avoid any trouble by denying you have been aware of it. but keep it :P

EDIT:

please change that.... the advertising took me to a virus download it seems. -.-

looking at the code, it does seem to be some sort of ad-virus thingy, be careful.

RE: what should i do? by SonicTy on 12-04-2006 at 11:09 PM

I wouldnt even bother to think about it twice!:P who cares if some idiot sent you 300$ by mistake accpet the money.!

RE: what should i do? by marissa on 12-04-2006 at 11:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicTy
I wouldnt even bother to think about it twice!:P who cares if some idiot sent you 300$ by mistake accpet the money.!
what if you were the one who sent the money to someone else by accident?
you'd want the person to contact you, right? because if they didnt, you'd have to pay double... 300 for the missent money and 300 to the person you're buying something from or wahtever the case is.
i'd contact the person and get it sorted out rather than possibly starting shit.
RE: what should i do? by SonicTy on 12-04-2006 at 11:54 PM

Yes i gusse, but i would make them go through alot of trouble to get there money back so they dont make that stupid mistake twice.

RE: what should i do? by Voldemort on 12-04-2006 at 11:55 PM

compare age with suggestion.

RE: what should i do? by SonicTy on 12-05-2006 at 12:12 AM

Never mind I change my mine I would hold on to the money. get word around that someones misplaced it and if noones claims the money for about a couple of weeks you can keep the money:P

RE: what should i do? by Voldemort on 12-05-2006 at 12:14 AM

yeah, spread the word around all the internet, place a chain email with "FOUND $300"

RE: what should i do? by DarkMe on 12-05-2006 at 12:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort

yeah, spread the word around all the internet, place a chain email with "FOUND $300"
i can bet no one will protest for the money :rolleyes:

Keep them (a)
RE: what should i do? by Rolando on 12-05-2006 at 12:40 AM

I would say you removed that link. But you can hold the 300$ and if it remains unclaimed, keep it.

RE: what should i do? by Discrate on 12-10-2006 at 08:35 AM

BIG UPDATE! The person who sent me the money has opend a paypal disput. She says someone has got into her account and sent me the money, but i denied the e-cheque she sent me so i have none of her money. But she says that paypal nor the bank will pay back the fee's it cost her when the people sent everyone money, and she wants me to pay her back. And i said no. Why should i pay her money when i have done nothing.

What should i do?

RE: what should i do? by Weyzza on 12-10-2006 at 08:39 AM

Err... perhaps do pay her back?

RE: what should i do? by WDZ on 12-10-2006 at 08:52 AM

wtf... how strange... O_o

Maybe the hacker sent himself or an accomplice $300, and also sent that amount to a bunch of random people to throw investigators off the trail... :p

I don't think you're obligated to do anything in this situation. If Paypal has looked into the dispute and decided not to take action, that should be the end of it...

RE: RE: what should i do? by Vilkku on 12-10-2006 at 09:02 AM

quote:
Why should i pay her money when i have done nothing.

For that reason you should pay it back.
RE: what should i do? by Nathan on 12-10-2006 at 09:36 AM

I'd give back $200 because of alll the trouble its causesd 8-)
so say to her i will giver you $200

RE: RE: what should i do? by Vilkku on 12-10-2006 at 09:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
I'd give back $200 because of alll the trouble its causesd 8-)
so say to her i will giver you $200

So you would steal $100 from the person? I know the person actually gave you the money, so you could think it's yours. I also know it's very tempting to keep the money, as it's a pretty big amount, especially for a younger person. But, you have to think about it from this perspective: what if someone got into your paypal account and sent 300 to some stranger? (or even if it was just a mistake by the account owner) Wouldn't you be happy to get it all back? I'm not gonna start lecturing about ethics, but just give it a tought. If you want a part of the money, why not discuss that with the account owner?
RE: what should i do? by ins4ne on 12-10-2006 at 10:42 AM

quote:
BIG UPDATE! The person who sent me the money has opend a paypal disput. She says someone has got into her account and sent me the money, but i denied it. But she says that paypal nor the bank will pay back the fee's it cost her when the people sent everyone money, and she wants me to pay her back. And i said no. Why should i pay her money when i have done nothing.

What should i do?
Keep it. That's her own fault. When you leave your wallet somewhere alone, come back and there is no money left it's your fault too. Then would you go to foreign people and ask them to get your money back? Maybe you will and what will they answer? So next time she has to pay attention to such things!
RE: what should i do? by Discrate on 12-10-2006 at 10:44 AM

Guys please read my post. The money that was sent to me i denied it.... thats what i have said 2 times. So i dont have any money of hers but she wants me to pay her money becuase paypal and her bank wont pay her back the other money

RE: what should i do? by ins4ne on 12-10-2006 at 11:02 AM

Where is the problem? Ignore her... Why should you give her money back when you don't have it? I don't get the whole :S.

RE: what should i do? by Discrate on 12-10-2006 at 11:14 AM

She wants me to pay her becuase it cost her money when the people sent people money in her account. Theres fee's for sending. And becuase the bank and paypal wont give her a refund she wants me to pay her back the fee's that she haas been charged.

RE: what should i do? by Kenji on 12-10-2006 at 11:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Did you tell her to Fuck off..? :dodgy:

Just a suggestion... 8-)
Exactly what i was thinking :P
RE: what should i do? by Discrate on 12-11-2006 at 04:17 AM

lol nah i didnt tell her to Fuck off i told her to go find the guy who got into her account and ask him to pay for it. :P

RE: what should i do? by WDZ on 12-11-2006 at 05:07 AM

quote:
Guys please read my post. The money that was sent to me i denied it.... thats what i have said 2 times. So i dont have any money of hers but she wants me to pay her money ...
:o :o

Now it sounds like a scam... ignore her! :P
RE: what should i do? by John Anderton on 12-11-2006 at 07:23 AM

I would accept it tbh (a)
Keep it for a few weeks, if no one asks you, its yours i guess. A few weeks is more than enough to request for a wrong transaction.

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Guys please read my post. The money that was sent to me i denied it.... thats what i have said 2 times. So i dont have any money of hers but she wants me to pay her money ...
:o :o

Now it sounds like a scam... ignore her! :P
Agreed! :P
RE: what should i do? by MicroWay on 12-11-2006 at 11:20 AM

quote:
But she says that paypal nor the bank will pay back the fee's it cost her when the people sent everyone money
Strange thing... It's like a investiment... Put $300 get $300+some $$$... :S
Anyway... If you have no money of the person because you denied it, I agree to ignore her and wait till the "bank" take care about it...
RE: what should i do? by SikStyles on 12-11-2006 at 01:18 PM

Heh, you got nothing to worry about. You denied it and that was the 'good karma' option. If she still wants you to pay for the fees then don't. You could say to her that atleast I denied it. It's not your problem what happens after that..

RE: what should i do? by flanders56 on 12-11-2006 at 06:31 PM

so let me get this straight... u were given 300 £/$ w.e it mite be... and u didnt accept it :S.... and she is in contact with you because she wants some money because she accidently sent it to you... which also costs her money...

if this is the case... tell her.. your lucky i didnt take the 300 £/$ and if you want me to take you to court i will be happy to.( for... the £10.. sending fee :P )