Shoutbox

messenger plus! logo disappeared - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: messenger plus! logo disappeared (/showthread.php?tid=69206)

messenger plus! logo disappeared by kostasls on 12-06-2006 at 12:58 PM

Hello everyone
i have wlm 8.0.0812.00 and plus! 4.11.0.254 and many scripts installed.

today after updating the plus to the new version (see above) the messenger plus! logo disappeared from the contact list.
I tried reinstalling the msgplus but still nothing.The option in plus menou is enabled.
What should i do?

RE: messenger plus! logo disappeared by MattyRid on 12-06-2006 at 08:02 PM

Do you have something like sweetim or smiley central installed? if yes, remove it, if no completely remove messenger plus! live (making sure scripts are removed as well) and then reinstall it, and install each script one at a time to see if a script is causing this to happen.

If is is due to a script, get in contact with the developer so they can come up with a solution.

RE: messenger plus! logo disappeared by Panachiba on 12-07-2006 at 02:34 AM

see this, maybe work: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61423

RE: messenger plus! logo disappeared by Rolando on 12-07-2006 at 02:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
One other big reason found so far for all these problems: having an old (or recent) Smiley Central DLL if your Messenger directory. Uninstalling Messenger will not remove this file.

After uninstall Windows Live Messenger, make sure to delete "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger"before reinstalling, this has been proven to fix many problems from people emailing me.

RE: messenger plus! logo disappeared by kostasls on 12-07-2006 at 08:54 AM

I dont have sweetim or smiley installed.

I reinstalled the previous version of messenger plus! live (4.01.0.240) and the logo , format panel and sounds icon are there.
Reinstalled the latest again and they disappeared :(

So i think i will stick with the previous version,unless you know something :P

RE: messenger plus! logo disappeared by MattyRid on 12-07-2006 at 09:08 AM

as I said in my post....

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
if no completely remove messenger plus! live (making sure scripts are removed as well) and then reinstall it, and install each script one at a time to see if a script is causing this to happen.

If is is due to a script, get in contact with the developer so they can come up with a solution.

This is a possible solution...if the same happens, even without scripts installed them maybe it is an incompatibility with another Windows Live product. Sounds strange I know but it has been known to happen.
RE: messenger plus! logo disappeared by kostasls on 12-07-2006 at 09:19 AM

Sorry forgot to mention it but yes it was a clean install.
Removed all the scripts,unistalled messenger plus! and then installed again.
No matter if there are scripts or no, with the old one the logo,sound and format icons appears, with the new one they disappear.

RE: messenger plus! logo disappeared by MattyRid on 12-07-2006 at 10:07 AM

Check to see if you have any other Windows Live products such as Mail Desktop or Live writer, which may for some strange reason be causing a conflict. It may be a long shot but it could possibly work.