Shoutbox

Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? (/showthread.php?tid=69222)

Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE- on 12-06-2006 at 09:35 PM

Alright my friend wanted to trade me his Creative Zen Vision: M for my PSP. I only have a 1 gig memory stick for my PSP and his Zen is 30 gb. I could really use it to put my movies on there and photos. But the catch is no more PSP. What should I do? Keep it or not? The Zen is farly new. Please help :(

RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by elektra on 12-06-2006 at 09:43 PM

Id keep the psp, you can put films and photos on the psp and play games, all you have to do is buy a new memory stick,
(if its better than psp why is he trading it anyway)

RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE- on 12-06-2006 at 09:46 PM

yeah but the movies are like 700 MB and I can only put like 1 on a 1 gig. The only highest a memory stick for a PSP can go is to like... 3 or 4 gigs i think o.O I'm not sure but I am not paying $300 for a 3 or 4 gig stick.

RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by Rolando on 12-06-2006 at 11:48 PM

I would keep the PSP, but that is just me. I dont know why you people like watching videos in miniature things anyway, watch it in your laptop or something :P. Try searching here http://www.memorybits.co.uk/memorystickproduo_760.php, they're not that expensive (Not 300$ anyways)

RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by Voldemort on 12-07-2006 at 12:20 AM

there are 1 gig mem sticks pro duo..
you cant be certain that the ZEn is okay...
who started the bargain? he told you?

RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by xJ + on 12-07-2006 at 12:39 AM

If you still want to play games while travelling, then keep your PSP.
If you choose to listen to music and watch movies/video, then trade it.

RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by DarkMe on 12-07-2006 at 01:45 AM

Id keep the PSP, although it isnt a great memory you can use it to play games, listen also to music, view photos and videos.
Zen is fairly new but it would be devaluated in a few months so... 8-)

RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by albert on 12-07-2006 at 02:19 AM

There's something you are not getting here.. And honestly I think everybody is not realizing this.. The PSP is not a music player.. It is a console that has music abilities.. If you want to play games stay with this.. The zen vision M is a wonderful piece of technology (trust me I got one) but it's made to play MUSIC, and has the features in conscequence.

RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by zach on 12-07-2006 at 02:43 AM

I couldn't trade my PSP, I use it way too much. What firmware is your PSP? The biggest memory stick for the PSP is 4gb currently.

RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by andrewdodd13 on 12-07-2006 at 08:04 AM

I'd keep the PSP, then buy a Vision:M in a few months. They're a reallly good piece of kit, and the advantage is that you don't have to convert your downloaded stuff to put it on them, unlike the PSP - it usually takes around an hour for me to convert a full length movie.

Of course, with the PSP you can just buy UMDs.. :)

RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by elektra on 12-07-2006 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by devilz-fury
There's something you are not getting here.. And honestly I think everybody is not realizing this.. The PSP is not a music player.. It is a console that has music abilities.. If you want to play games stay with this.. The zen vision M is a wonderful piece of technology (trust me I got one) but it's made to play MUSIC, and has the features in conscequence.

If you get the latest firmware its got a visual player (psp that is) 8-)
RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by Rik on 12-07-2006 at 07:22 PM

keep the psp, it's better.
if you're worried about space just whait I'm sure there will be bigger memory sticks and cheaper...

RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by Exca on 12-09-2006 at 10:48 AM

movies on a Zen is just crap.

I chose a Nano instead btw.

RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by Steven on 12-09-2006 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by elektra

Which you need to buy a location set device from sony for another $100. So updating is the stupidest thing you can do. For various fun legal, and illegal ;) things you can do with lower version, do not update.
RE: RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by andrewdodd13 on 12-09-2006 at 09:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steven
quote:

Which you need to buy a location set device from sony for another $100. So updating is the stupidest thing you can do. For various fun legal, and illegal ;) things you can do with lower version, do not update.

Not to mention that you can use DevHook to run 3.01/2 firmwares anyway - I don't even think it's totally illegal until you start using ISOs. (Which is bad.)

PSP movies are alright (Since you can buy the UMDs and don't have to convert movies). Zen Vision :M aren't that bad. iPod video just isn't worth it. (Long conversion process to Apple's format).

I still think you should keep the PSP. You could try asking Santa nicely for a Vision :M if you do Christmas...
RE: RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by zach on 12-10-2006 at 05:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Steven
quote:

Which you need to buy a location set device from sony for another $100.
What? No you don't. Are you talking about the location free player? Well you don't need that for the visual player and it's more like $300.
RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by Steven on 12-10-2006 at 01:06 PM

What visual player is HE  talking about, i think he is talking about that TV on PSP. Anyways to quote andrew 

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
Not to mention that you can use DevHook to run 3.01/2 firmwares anyway - I don't even think it's totally illegal until you start using ISOs. (Which is bad.)

PSP movies are alright (Since you can buy the UMDs and don't have to convert movies). Zen Vision :M aren't that bad. iPod video just isn't worth it. (Long conversion process to Apple's format).

I still think you should keep the PSP. You could try asking Santa nicely for a Vision :M if you do Christmas...

I kinda do use ISO's. Shh.

RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by ins4ne on 12-10-2006 at 01:10 PM

Keep the PSP and buy a yourself a video player. Archos ;).

RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by Chocolatino on 12-10-2006 at 03:51 PM

Psp anyday and i agree with ins4ne just buy a video player separately ;)

RE: Creative Zen Visison: M Or PSP? by Lourix on 12-10-2006 at 05:20 PM

Keep the PSP I think its better, it has internet,music,games and tv if you buy the thing for it. Pretty cool.