Shoutbox

Messenger Bug? Or What? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger Bug? Or What? (/showthread.php?tid=69238)

Messenger Bug? Or What? by Eddie on 12-07-2006 at 06:10 AM

Whenever i sign in on messenger, it asks me if i want to accept or block users that are already on my contact list or that i have accepted or blocked recently :S is there a reason it does this? :(

RE: Messenger Bug? Or What? by joemailey on 12-07-2006 at 09:24 AM

yup

the reason is i believe in my opinion is some server issue's @ M$ lol

:-) dunno whats going on thou only thing i no is its not client side issue. as its happening to mor en more people everyday been like that on mine for at least 5days now.

RE: Messenger Bug? Or What? by Eddie on 12-07-2006 at 10:32 AM

mmm thought it was something to do with me using 8.1, because its only been doing it since i upgraded :\

RE: Messenger Bug? Or What? by Sunshine on 12-07-2006 at 11:11 AM

First make a backup of your contactlist by going to Contact > Save instant messaging contacts in main WLM menu (just incase). Next try the following:

Close down Messenger if it's running. Click Start > Run, and type:
%userprofile%\contacts
<enter>

If nothing appears in the folder, click the Tools > Options > View tab, click 'Show hidden files or folders' and click OK. Once you are able to see the folders, right-click the one that corresponds to your Passport and choose Delete.

Next, click Start > Run, and type:
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
<enter>
Remove the corresponding folder again in this folder.

Restart Messenger, notice signing in will take a bit longer as it has to get your contactlist from the server again (we deleted the cache).

Please post back if this helped or not.

RE: Messenger Bug? Or What? by devilz-fury on 12-07-2006 at 01:35 PM

i had the same problem as Shadow. i tried your advice and it worked. when i get 100 posts i'll give you a possitive.

RE: Messenger Bug? Or What? by joemailey on 12-07-2006 at 03:06 PM

this is surprising because i'm logged on to multiple computers over the pasted 5days.

some for the first time.