Shoutbox

Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. (/showthread.php?tid=69254)

Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by albert on 12-07-2006 at 07:25 PM

Well, you know the saying : Keep the customers happy, they'll keep coming back right?!

So after having bought the logitech MX610, (which was really cool by the way, especially the little lighting buttons), I decided to bring it over to my friend, who by doing I don't know what, found a way to kill my USB adapter. Result? Mouse was no longer recognized.

I brought it back to Staples, and they were going to exchange it to me but at one condition only : Buy a product plan. I thought about it, realized that I really liked the new MX model.. Told them I was actually thinking of getting a new one for Christimas, and they accepted to actually credit my MX-610. Basicly, I pid 20$ to get the new and amazing MX Revolution. :D

Let me tell you that this mouse is not only hot. It is uselful and is SMART. It auto-detects the program you are running to actually give you the best scrolling speed, and does about 25 other functions which I haven't yet gotten to discover.

Basicly, this post is about commenting on that new mouse, which I'm in love with although I've only used it for 10 mins. Anyone who was thinking of buying it for Christmas, I only got 3 words : GO FOR IT.

And for the ones that don't know about the Revolution :

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/detail...35,CONTENTID=12134

This WILL amaze you. :)

RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by ins4ne on 12-07-2006 at 07:33 PM

I saw it once and asked the man to try it. It's a very cool mouse. And the feeling... :drool:. It looks a bit like my actual one, the mx1000 :).

RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by Oxy on 12-07-2006 at 07:42 PM

Whoa! that mouse owns! the shape, the colour, the features.. me wanty!
* Oxy walks away in envy

RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by ins4ne on 12-07-2006 at 07:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .OxY
Whoa! that mouse owns! the shape, the colour, the features.. me wanty!
* .OxY walks away in envy
It's only a mouse 8-). Why don't you buy a keyboard/mouse set? The MX5000 e.g ;).

The keyboard is great and the mouse too. It isn't as expensive as the MX Revolution though :P.
RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by Kenji on 12-07-2006 at 07:49 PM

calm down, its only a mouse. no need to get horny 8-)

RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by prashker on 12-07-2006 at 08:17 PM

meh, my MX3000 is good enough :p

RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by ins4ne on 12-07-2006 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
meh, my MX3000 is good enough :p
That was my first choice :cheesy:. But then I saw the 5000 and oh ah LCD :drool::P.
RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by Vilkku on 12-07-2006 at 08:40 PM

I got the MX1000 (I think it's called, so old it's no longer on the Logitech page, their first wireless laser mouse anyway) with a keboard that came packed with it, been thinking about switching to the G15 gaming keyboard and a new mouse, they have a wireless laser gamer's mouse which looks nice, but the Revolution also seems nice (been playing any games alby? how does it preform?).
The thing holding me back is that the G15 is not that new, and I was wondering if there is something along the same lines coming out in the near future from Logitech?

RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by albert on 12-07-2006 at 10:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
I got the MX1000 (I think it's called, so old it's no longer on the Logitech page, their first wireless laser mouse anyway) with a keboard that came packed with it, been thinking about switching to the G15 gaming keyboard and a new mouse, they have a wireless laser gamer's mouse which looks nice, but the Revolution also seems nice (been playing any games alby? how does it preform?).
The thing holding me back is that the G15 is not that new, and I was wondering if there is something along the same lines coming out in the near future from Logitech?

I'm going to be honest with you although I do follow Logitech's creations and new products I don't know much about gaming mices or anything that has to do with them.

I haven't tried my MX with games, as I don't have any on this computer, yet I can say the scrollling's wonderful for progamming.
RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by Woraug on 12-08-2006 at 01:50 AM

I own an MX600, and I must say it's my favorite mouse I've ever owned.  A must have for any logitech owner, is the UberOptions mod for the Setpoint drivers.  (Google it, I'm too lazy to)

It basically lets you do program specific keybinds, so that even all those extra keys will work in any game.  I have my buttons bound as Q, W, E, A, S, D, F, and G for UT2004.

RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by ~INVASION~ on 12-08-2006 at 02:08 AM

ive had the mx610 for some time now, not only have i never used the email LED but i rarely use the messenger LED button, really not anything good, tho the mouse is fricken awesome to use, the messenger and email buttons have no use for me

RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by albert on 12-08-2006 at 02:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
ive had the mx610 for some time now, not only have i never used the email LED but i rarely use the messenger LED button, really not anything good, tho the mouse is fricken awesome to use, the messenger and email buttons have no use for me

The buttons were cool, and were useful for emails, but I have to admit that for MSN, they weren't that great, unless you're running a fullscreen application.

Mouse is sensational though. Love th volume control.
RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by -dt- on 12-08-2006 at 04:59 AM

i bought this mouse a week or so ago, it rocks =p, the only problems i have with it is

the one touch search button cannot be changed to middle click.

the side scroll doesnt have enough options, like when clicking it you should be able to select middle click and change the up and down movements to something more useful than zoom (like another scroll :P)

but those could be fixed with a new version of setpoint :)

RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by albert on 12-08-2006 at 01:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
i bought this mouse a week or so ago, it rocks =p, the only problems i have with it is

the side scroll doesnt have enough options, like when clicking it you should be able to select middle click and change the up and down movements to something more useful than zoom (like another scroll :P)

Why don't you just select the buttons to actuallly do a keystroke assigment?
RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by -dt- on 12-08-2006 at 01:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
quote:

Why don't you just select the buttons to actuallly do a keystroke assigment?

because middle click isnt a keystroke it detects? =p
RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by albert on 12-08-2006 at 02:15 PM

Check the screenie :

[Image: attachment.php?pid=761727]

RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by Menthix on 12-08-2006 at 05:01 PM

Not a fan of cordless mouses, since they always run out of power on bad moments, and i'm not constantly putting my mouse somewhere else anyway :). But nice mouse.

I just got my new mouse 2 days ago, Logitech G5 ( http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/detail...42,CONTENTID=10715 ) which is great too, especially compared to my old Logitech Optical Miini. The G5 has most of the features the MX Revolution has too, uses same SetPoint drivers.

RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by -dt- on 12-09-2006 at 05:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
Check the screenie :

[Image: attachment.php?pid=761727]
quote:
because middle click isnt a keystroke it detects? =p

RE: Keep them happy and they'll keep coming. by John Anderton on 12-09-2006 at 07:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Not a fan of cordless mouses, since they always run out of power on bad moments, and i'm not constantly putting my mouse somewhere else anyway (Smilie). But nice mouse.
Same here. Im looking for a good optical mouse which has customisable side buttons. And oh, a 20 usd budget (which is around 2x that of a simple optical mouse here.

Nice customisable weight on MenthiX's mouse ;)