Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Forum links at end of the page - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Forum links at end of the page (/showthread.php?tid=69275)

[Suggestion] Forum links at end of the page by Deco on 12-08-2006 at 10:39 AM

Hi,

I didn't like that the forums didn't have the breadcrumb at the end of the page so when I finish reading a topic I have to roll up the page to click back to the session I was looking at.

I have the same forums in my site and I just added a breadcrumb to the end... I think it's a very quick edit that helps a lot.

Just edit the showthread.php in the admin cp templates section and add <navigation> to wherever you want a breadcrumb.

Thanks

RE: [Suggestion] Forum links at end of the page by Ezra on 12-08-2006 at 10:43 AM

There is a Return to Top link, that will get you to the top again quickly ;)

RE: [Suggestion] Forum links at end of the page by Eddie on 12-08-2006 at 11:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Deco
Hi,

I didn't like that the forums didn't have the breadcrumb at the end of the page so when I finish reading a topic I have to roll up the page to click back to the session I was looking at.

I have the same forums in my site and I just added a breadcrumb to the end... I think it's a very quick edit that helps a lot.

Just edit the showthread.php in the admin cp templates section and add <navigation> to wherever you want a breadcrumb.

Thanks
And one of the Admins of this Board is the creator of MyBB, so i think they would know how to code it :P
RE: [Suggestion] Forum links at end of the page by Deco on 12-12-2006 at 12:04 AM

I know about the Return to Top link.. It's just a quick edit that helps a lot. Why click on two places (return to top, then where you want to go) instead of clicking in one place (where I wanna go in the bottom of the page)?

I know people in my board loved it :P

I didn't know about the guy being creator of MyBB but maybe he's so busy coding myBB and someone else will attempt this :P

RE: [Suggestion] Forum links at end of the page by Rolando on 12-12-2006 at 12:08 AM

quote:
I know about the Return to Top link.. It's just a quick edit that helps a lot. Why click on two places (return to top, then where you want to go) instead of clicking in one place (where I wanna go in the bottom of the page)?

I know people in my board loved it :P

I didn't know about the guy being creator of MyBB but maybe he's so busy coding myBB and someone else will attempt this :P

I dont like this idea. I like the 'return to the top'. If people can't click twice, then they seriously are way too lazy.
RE: [Suggestion] Forum links at end of the page by Deco on 12-12-2006 at 11:53 PM

Yeah you're right...

Why make cars if we can walk?

RE: [Suggestion] Forum links at end of the page by Chrono on 12-13-2006 at 12:16 AM

quote:
ok you cant compare having to click twice instead of once with walking or making cars :P

i still dont fully understand what are you asking for, doesnt the "forum jump" menu do the job?
RE: [Suggestion] Forum links at end of the page by Kenji on 12-13-2006 at 12:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
ok you cant compare having to click twice instead of once with walking or making cars :P

i still dont fully understand what are you asking for, doesnt the "forum jump" menu do the job?
you still have to click twice :sad:
RE: [Suggestion] Forum links at end of the page by ins4ne on 12-13-2006 at 12:34 AM

Buy you a good mouse where you can program every button. I had a good one but didn't understand why it was good. Now, lazy I am, I programed it to 'Home' & 'End' :p I hope you got me xD

RE: [Suggestion] Forum links at end of the page by Deco on 12-13-2006 at 01:12 PM

It's really a harmless thing... people who still want to click on Return to Top will still click on return to top... and people who want to click on the link will do so.. here's how it looks in my forum...

[Image: forum.jpg]

It doesn't hurt anyone or anything but makes things easier for people who want to go directly to another section in the forum with one click.

RE: [Suggestion] Forum links at end of the page by ins4ne on 12-13-2006 at 10:33 PM

If you learn to work with your mouse and keyboard then it's easy too. You read the posts, you scroll down. Then at the bottom, finished reading you hit the 'home' button et voilą back on top. Isn't that hard...