Shoutbox

[RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 (/showthread.php?tid=69354)

[RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by Rolando on 12-11-2006 at 12:40 AM

Around The World - Hello & Goodbye script
OFFICIAL MSG PLUS! LIVE SCRIPT

First of all, thanks to SpunkyLoveMuff for the help - He rocks :cheesy:!

[Image: duck.gif]

This script will type random "HELLO" phrases (In different languages) when the command /mlhello is used.

It will also type random "GOODBYE" phrases (Different languages too) wen the command /mlbye is used.

Examples:
/mlhello command:
[Image: hellokl8.png]

/mlbye command:
[Image: byewv7.png]

Hope you like it

If there is any problems, feel free to PM me.

If you've any suggestions (as to phrases you want to be added), PM me too.

MP!L T-shirt, here I come!

NEW VERSION- 1.0.3 has been attached :cheesy:

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script by prashker on 12-11-2006 at 12:44 AM

Oooh, cool :cheesy:

Nice!

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script by MicroWay on 12-11-2006 at 12:46 AM

Liked the idea for the script...
Something International...
(Y):D

Edit: Downloaded the update too

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script by Rolando on 12-11-2006 at 03:24 AM

Please give any suggestions as to phrases you want added in future versions. :cheesy:!

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script by Spunky on 12-11-2006 at 03:31 AM

I'm thinking that *in theory* it would be possible to maintain a list of phrases on a server and, once within a defined period (day or week), update the script just by downloading a small text file (similar to many scripts with auto-update features). The hardest part would be putting the words into an array, but that shouldn't be too hard :p

I'll start seeing what I can do with this tomorrow :p

PS: @q25: Love the sig ;)

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script by Rolando on 12-11-2006 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
I'm thinking that *in theory* it would be possible to maintain a list of phrases on a server and, once within a defined period (day or week), update the script just by downloading a small text file (similar to many scripts with auto-update features). The hardest part would be putting the words into an array, but that shouldn't be too hard :p

I'll start seeing what I can do with this tomorrow :p

PS: @q25: Love the sig ;)

That sounds great. That way it would be easier to update to newer versions, and to add new words.
RE: RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script by alexp2_ad on 12-11-2006 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
The hardest part would be putting the words into an array, but that shouldn't be too hard :p

Into an array from the text file?

words = textfile.split('\n');

and you've got them into an array in one line... unless I'm misunderstanding you. *-)

Or:

http = new ActiveXObject('Microsoft.XMLHTTP');
http.open('GET', 'http://somesite.com/textfile.txt?refresh='+Math.random(), true);
http.onreadystatechange = function(){
   if(http.readyState == 4){
     words = http.responseText.split('\n');
  }
}
http.send(null);

Will basically do the entire thing, besides factoring it into existing code.
RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script by Spunky on 12-11-2006 at 08:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
Into an array from the text file?

words = textfile.split('\n');

and you've got them into an array in one line... unless I'm misunderstanding you. *-)

It needs the word and language, split into 2 seperate arrays... but I figured it out easy enough

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script by duck! on 12-11-2006 at 08:40 PM

This script is really good, encountered no bugs so far :cheesy:

[off-topic]have the fonts changed for the user names[/off-topic]

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script by Rolando on 12-11-2006 at 08:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by noodle!
This script is really good, encountered no bugs so far :cheesy:

[off-topic]have the fonts changed for the user names[/off-topic]

Thanks. Remember that if you've any suggestions (as to phrases to be added), pm me.

[offtopic] and no, I dont think fonts changed for the usernames. [/offtopic]

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script by Oxy on 12-11-2006 at 08:53 PM

Great script, i like the way 'Hi' and 'sup' appears too :cheesy:

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script by EBFL on 12-11-2006 at 09:00 PM

:sad: I keep getting spammed on Wlm now by:
Guten Tag (German for 'Hello')
Nos Vemos (Spanish for 'Goodbye')
Hey (English for 'Hello')
And others

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script by Spunky on 12-11-2006 at 09:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EnglandBoyForLife.
:sad: I keep getting spammed on Wlm now by:
Guten Tag (German for 'Hello')
Nos Vemos (Spanish for 'Goodbye')
Hey (English for 'Hello')
And others

Is that the scripts fault, or your dodgy contacts? :refuck:

New version for ya ;) Downloads the wordlist when the script is started meaning you will never have to add words to the list and the intial download size is smaller :p Might make a "suggestion" function where you can tell us a language to add and the relevant words.
RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - UPDATED: V1.1 by Rolando on 12-11-2006 at 09:52 PM

New version :D ^
Remember to give suggestions :rolleyes:!

Version 1.1 1.0.3

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by prashker on 12-14-2006 at 03:13 AM

Add a easter eggs!111

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by Rolando on 12-14-2006 at 03:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Add a easter eggs!111

like what? :/
RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by Nagamasa on 12-14-2006 at 03:26 AM

Suggestion: Make 'hey' when you type automatically change to something else when its sent...like auto-correct. Nice script!

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by Rolando on 12-14-2006 at 03:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
Suggestion: Make 'hey' when you type automatically change to something else when its sent...like auto-correct. Nice script!

That could be considered annoying by some users. Its not that hard to type /mlhello :p

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by prashker on 12-14-2006 at 03:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Add a easter eggs!111

like what? :/

Well, I can't tell you what ;<.
RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by Voldemort on 12-14-2006 at 04:04 AM

secret different phrases

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by Nagamasa on 12-14-2006 at 12:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa

That could be considered annoying by some users. Its not that hard to type /mlhello :p

Allow to be config-ed?
RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by RaPLeX on 12-14-2006 at 12:20 PM

How many languages is supported?

[no subject] by -Pablo- on 01-17-2007 at 11:32 PM

some suggestions:
1. Not say in which language the phrase is, 'cause that mostly wipes away the coolness of posting 'in foreign'. Or it could be set as a configurable option.

2. Add the ability to select in which language one wants the message/phrase to be sent. So, it could be used to greet our foreign friends in their native tongue, even when we don't speak a word of it.

3. As for some other things to include translations of, I'd suggest:
Thank you!
You're welcome.
How are you?/How do you do?
ASL (Age/sex/location) (or replace it with separate phrases like 'Where do you live?', How old are you? and Are you male or female?).

If you decided to include them (or others), I could help providing the translations for as many languages as I can find. Just mail me to pfc432 at gmail dot com (I'd be pleased to help with an extension like this, because I love languages :P ).

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by Rolando on 01-17-2007 at 11:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -Pablo-
some suggestions:
1. Not say in which language the phrase is, 'cause that mostly wipes away the coolness of posting 'in foreign'. Or it could be set as a configurable option.

2. Add the ability to select in which language one wants the message/phrase to be sent. So, it could be used to greet our foreign friends in their native tongue, even when we don't speak a word of it.

3. As for some other things to include translations of, I'd suggest:
Thank you!
You're welcome.
How are you?/How do you do?
ASL (Age/sex/location) (or replace it with separate phrases like 'Where do you live?', How old are you? and Are you male or female?).

If you decided to include them (or others), I could help providing the translations for as many languages as I can find. Just mail me to pfc432 at gmail dot com (I'd be pleased to help with an extension like this, because I love languages :P ).

I had been thinking about adding the things listed on #3 and some others, expect for the ASL one.

However, SpunkyLoveMuff hasnt been on much lately due to him having some problems :p.. We'll update this script ASAP.

As to #1, I thought about that.. But then again, most of the phrases are not known my most of the people..., so they would be like.. what?!

Thanks for your suggestions and comments, they're greatly appreciated :)

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by skyserpent on 01-26-2007 at 04:41 PM

this is an awesome idea! w00t... downloads...

erm... it won't let me use it :S it just keeps saying that /mlhello is not a registered command.

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by Rolando on 01-26-2007 at 08:48 PM

:undecided:

Does it let you use /mlbye? and have you tried clicking the Plus! icon and then clicking ATW Script - Hello phrase?

Tell me if any of those works.

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by skyserpent on 01-26-2007 at 08:51 PM

/mlbye doesn't work either. (tried it aswell, just forgot to say) and clicking the icon etc doesn't do anything at all. :(

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by Rolando on 01-26-2007 at 08:53 PM

Try deleting the script (Plus! > Preferences> Scripts > Remove) and downloading it again from the script database.

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/199-Around-The-World/

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by skyserpent on 01-26-2007 at 08:55 PM

nope still doesn't work :( i cannot understand this :@

RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by Rolando on 01-26-2007 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by skyserpent
nope still doesn't work :( i cannot understand this :@

You're completely right skyserpent. Thanks for reporting this to me.., it seems the script is having some problems with the newest versions of software.

Its not your computer, it is not working properly.

I'll be fixed soon, thanks for your help :)
RE: [RELEASE] ATW - Hello & Goodbye script - Update: V1.0.3 by skyserpent on 01-26-2007 at 09:03 PM

yay lol well... kindof, yay for it not being my pc and grrr for it being a problem with the script :( ah well. thanks for the quick response