Shoutbox

help please! (new contacts not showing up) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: help please! (new contacts not showing up) (/showthread.php?tid=69381)

help please! (new contacts not showing up) by miserylovedher on 12-11-2006 at 07:46 PM

Okay. So I've added a few new contacts onto my msn friends list. But NONE OF THEM ARE SHOWING UP like its there but they dont add me. Yet if i login into the messenger at skewl they're there wtf.:@ What do i do?
HELP!!

RE: help please! (new contacts not showing up) by duck! on 12-11-2006 at 07:51 PM

- What version of messenger are you using and what version do they have at school.
- Any patches installed?

RE: help please! (new contacts not showing up) by miserylovedher on 12-11-2006 at 07:53 PM

im using the newest version and they have the same one at skewl.
and i dont have any patches either.

RE: help please! (new contacts not showing up) by duck! on 12-11-2006 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by miserylovedher
im using the newest version and they have the same one at skewl.
and i dont have any patches either.
May i ask what is the exact version number help - about messenger
Then it will show the version numbers
Sometimes at the bottom of the contact page there are sometimes hotmail contacts, sometimes the contacts you add, mysteriously add as a hotmail contact..

RE: help please! (new contacts not showing up) by miserylovedher on 12-11-2006 at 08:02 PM

its showing them on my list but there still in the like hogoiehgorhg@hotmail.com faze yet they talk to me and it says when they talk this person is not on your contacts list click this to add them and i do and nothing happens.

its version 8.0

RE: help please! (new contacts not showing up) by Oxy on 12-11-2006 at 08:07 PM

I've heard of this before, it's a problem at the server side. Im sure cookie answered someting like this somewhere before.. ill have a look.

RE: help please! (new contacts not showing up) by miserylovedher on 12-11-2006 at 08:07 PM

ahh thank you *hugs* lol
its been driving me nuts for the past week!!!

RE: help please! (new contacts not showing up) by Oxy on 12-11-2006 at 08:10 PM

hmm..Im sorry, i can't find it.. have you tried signing in on a A web messenger and seeing if the contacts appear there?
It might work, if not, add the contact whilst on web messenger. It should work then.
edit:

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
simple solution...

CookieRevised's Solution to Contact's Problem
thats the one im looking for :P
RE: help please! (new contacts not showing up) by miserylovedher on 12-11-2006 at 08:11 PM

yeah there on web messenger too!!
like i can go into the talking to them offline thing but it keeps saying there not on my contact list BUT THEY ARE AND GAIHOGHIEOHT

RE: help please! (new contacts not showing up) by MattyRid on 12-11-2006 at 08:13 PM

simple solution...

CookieRevised's Solution to Contact's Problem

RE: help please! (new contacts not showing up) by duck! on 12-11-2006 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by miserylovedher
yeah there on web messenger too!!
like i can go into the talking to them offline thing but it keeps saying there not on my contact list BUT THEY ARE AND GAIHOGHIEOHT
Have you tried repairing Windows live messenger.
Also im a bit confused, you say they appear on the contact list but as email@domain.com and when they speak to you there is a yellow infomation bar saying "the contact is not on your list ""click here to add him/her to your list"" "
RE: help please! (new contacts not showing up) by miserylovedher on 12-11-2006 at 08:19 PM

OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU *HUGS KISSES*
you are my hero =]

RE: help please! (new contacts not showing up) by MattyRid on 12-11-2006 at 08:20 PM

So exactly which solution worked?

Reinstalling or the CookieRevised's Solution to Contact Problem solution?

RE: help please! (new contacts not showing up) by miserylovedher on 12-11-2006 at 08:21 PM

the cookies thing!
reinstalling didnt help ive reinstalled it billions of times.
but cookies thingy helped!