Shoutbox

[Release] RockPaperScissors - "Uncheatable" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] RockPaperScissors - "Uncheatable" (/showthread.php?tid=69389)

[Release] RockPaperScissors - "Uncheatable" by Deco on 12-11-2006 at 11:57 PM

As for requested in this thread.

Script isn't pretty. You'll see lots of messages going back and forth but it works. It's more of an example on how to make games without one side being able to cheat.

Feel free to change just give me some credit.

To play both people must have the script running.

Just open a chat with someone that has the script and type:

Start RPS: <your choice>

e.g. Start RPS: rock

Remember to type with that caption.. (RPS not rps) and the choice type in lower cases..

Have fun.

ps: I'm sure someone out there can make this script cleaner and quicker (like Cookie). I used some code from the IMoffline script and maybe from others that I don't remember. Sorry and thanks.

RE: [Release] RockPaperScisor - "Uncheatable" by roflmao456 on 12-12-2006 at 12:07 AM

why dont you use the command? :(

code:
function OnGetScriptCommands(){
var ScriptCommands = "<ScriptCommands>";
ScriptCommands+="<Command>";
ScriptCommands+="<Name>RPS</Name>";
ScriptCommands+="<Description>Play Rock Paper Scissors</Description>";
ScriptCommands+="</Command>";
ScriptCommands+="</ScriptCommands>";
return ScriptCommands;
}

and with that.. make a dialog with 3 buttons .. [rock]  [paper] [sisors] (spelling error i know :P) whoops need to test first lol

RE: [Release] RockPaperScisor - "Uncheatable" by Deco on 12-12-2006 at 12:10 AM

I'm sure someone can add that. I just wanted to get something out so people could mess with it.

I did add a dialog with buttons if someone starts the game with you.. so you just click do 'respond'.

Maybe tomorrow I'll add menu ;)

Thanks

RE: [Release] RockPaperScisor - "Uncheatable" by roflmao456 on 12-12-2006 at 12:20 AM

i've added the script commands to you script .. here it is

RE: [Release] RockPaperScisor - "Uncheatable" by AmbulanceX on 12-12-2006 at 04:57 PM

screen shot if u can?

RE: [Release] RockPaperScisor - "Uncheatable" by John Anderton on 12-12-2006 at 05:03 PM

What makes it "Uncheatable"?
The only way i could think of is the server side solution i suggested in that thread.

RE: RE: [Release] RockPaperScisor - "Uncheatable" by Jesus on 12-12-2006 at 05:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
What makes it "Uncheatable"?
The only way i could think of is the server side solution i suggested in that thread.

it uses md5 encryption to check if someone tries to cheat.
look through the code, you'll see.
RE: [Release] RockPaperScisor - "Uncheatable" by creepy675298 on 12-12-2006 at 06:17 PM

Dude, you spelt it "scisor"

Make it "scissors" please?

RE: [Release] RockPaperScisor - "Uncheatable" by Deco on 12-12-2006 at 06:36 PM

Lol sorry I'm not english native :)

Answering "John Anderton" ... what the script does is send the choice encrypted.. then after the other guy sends his choice.. the script sends the password to decrypt the original choice.. so the second player can only see first player's choice after he sent his own choice. Thus you can't cheat because you can't see the other person's choice before you send your own.. and by the time you send your own both of you know who won.. so if you change anything the other guy will be able to tell you cheated.

Have fun