Shoutbox

Forgot Password!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Forgot Password!!! (/showthread.php?tid=69395)

Forgot Password!!! by Gabriel660 on 12-12-2006 at 07:30 AM

HI...:SI put a password for enter to the settings on the MSG plus...now i dont remember the password!! What can i do!! Help Please:)

RE: Forgot Password!!! by Jimbo on 12-12-2006 at 07:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel660
HI...:SI put a password for enter to the settings on the MSG plus...now i dont remember the password!! What can i do!! Help Please:)
Theres only one thing you can do,
uninstall mesenger plus live
delete its folder
re-install anddont set a password for the preferences:p

Oh and welcome to our forums
RE: Forgot Password!!! by duck! on 12-12-2006 at 07:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel660
Theres only one thing you can do,
uninstall mesenger plus live
delete its folder
re-install anddont set a password for the preferences:p

Oh and welcome to our forums
Which is in C:/program files
Then download Here!
RE: Forgot Password!!! by MattyRid on 12-12-2006 at 07:57 AM

or if you are confident  enough I and post which registry to change here. That is provided, of course, that it is for your preferences and not your chat logs.

RE: Forgot Password!!! by Jimbo on 12-12-2006 at 08:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
or if you are confident  enough I and post which registry to change here. That is provided, of course, that it is for your preferences and not your chat logs.
Post it please, im interested to know which registry to change, i had a look, couldn't find nought.
thanks
RE: Forgot Password!!! by MattyRid on 12-12-2006 at 08:04 AM

OK Firstly always make a backup of your registry and number two, only do this if you are confident with being inside the registry as changing the wrong thing could stuff up your whole computer.

Messenger Plus! Live:
Start -> Run -> type "regedit" (without quotes) -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Patchou -> Messenger Plus! Live -> <your email goes here> -> Prefernces -> EnablePreferencesLock -> right click on it and select modify -> and set value data to 0 -> exit out of registry -> restart messenger

Older versions (going off memory, perhaps someone can confirm it):
Start -> Run -> type "regedit" (without quotes) -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Patchou -> Messenger Plus! 2 -> <your email goes here> -> Prefernces -> EnablePreferencesLock -> right click on it and select modify -> and set value data to 0 -> exit out of registry -> restart messenger