Shoutbox

MSN Messenger Crash Report - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: MSN Messenger Crash Report (/showthread.php?tid=69400)

MSN Messenger Crash Report by kirsty_mj on 12-12-2006 at 09:49 AM

[size=2]Hi,

I was wondering whether someone could tell me how to run a Messenger crash report for the PC.

I was looking on some forums last night and it was for a Mac PC and not a Windows one.

Thanks

Kirsty
[/size]

RE: MSN Messenger Crash Report by rav0 on 12-12-2006 at 10:06 AM

If you have error reporting enabled (default) in Windows, when Messenger (or any other program) crashes (and Windows detects the fault), Windows will create an error report and offer to send it to Microsoft.

Example (for Internet Explorer):
[Image: error-report.jpg]

RE: MSN Messenger Crash Report by kirsty_mj on 12-12-2006 at 02:14 PM

It doesnt come up with that dialog box though, it just shuts down and then you have to restart it again

RE: MSN Messenger Crash Report by kirsty_mj on 12-12-2006 at 02:30 PM

Basically, this is the update on what has happened since last week

Originally

The manager of the group I am in has been having a bit of difficulty with MSN Live Messenger and and Phreik chat. The Phreik guides were unable to assist on this one too but I thought I'd ask in here incase anyone else has been going through the same problems.

Basically her MSN keeps crashing and she is unable to get into our chatroom (hosted on Phreik) until 10pm at night (UK Time), odd I know. This is becoming slightly annoying as by the time she gets in others are leaving the chatroom as they have to be up the next morning.

She can access other websites but she has to wait till 10pm before she can come and join us and until her MSN stops crashing.
She has uninstalled and reinstalled the chat command thing and that has done no different. Has anyone else gone through this or know whats wrong?

This is what we have done to try and sort the problem out for ourselves

So far we have spoke to Phreik who have helped us all they can but to no avail, she has bought a new pc, yet that didnt help matters, we have emailed MSN but all we got was an automated response and she has contatcted her ISP who said it is an MSN problem, yet there is no dialog box that appears when she crashes to send an Error Report to Microsoft. We have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and replacing the chat command to those which Phreik have told us to and the same thing just keeps on happening.

We are just really stuck now:(