Shoutbox

What are you going to give others on Christmas? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: What are you going to give others on Christmas? (/showthread.php?tid=69403)

What are you going to give others on Christmas? by Vilkku on 12-12-2006 at 01:43 PM

Right, enough with the "OMG I'LL GET A PS3" stuff in threads that focus on what YOU want. Now it's time to tell you what you have bought for your friends and relatives for Christmas. Why have you bought that (something special about it, something that the person needs)?

I'm usually pretty good with coming up with stuff to give, but this year I'm not sure. I kinda know what I'm going to give to my grandmother, but I'd like to give something else aswell (the first thing is a skincare product that I've bought the last few years, she know I will give it, it's a tradition).
My dad needs a computer upgrade, but I can't really afford that. I could buy just one component, but the computer is so old that anything fairly new wouldn't go in it without upgrading something else aswell.
For my mom I'm most likely buying a new clock radio, the old one is old and it doesn't work that well.
I'll need to think on the rest, I like when people recieve gifts they didn't expect at all.

Now, tell us about your presents! :D

RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by Ezra on 12-12-2006 at 01:56 PM

OMG I'LL GET A WII

Anyway, I'll just buy some simple presents like dvd's and stuff for my parents.

RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by aNILEator on 12-12-2006 at 02:10 PM

Girlfriend
Definitely

• Venom Vs Carnage Graphic Novel (she's been after it for years)
Maybe
  • Red Vs Blue DVD's 1-4 (also said she wanted)
  • £40 LoveFilm Voucher that came through the door today (oooooo)

Dad
  • He wanted some new socks :S
  • Maybe something small and silly also

Dad's Fiance
  • The Beatles - Love (Hopefully she'll like it, I know she likes them but you never know)
  • Something small silly or musical (She's a music teacher)

Grandparents
Maybe
  • Bath Salts???
  • Food basket????
  • Wine and Cheese???
  • Port???

not a clue what to get them really

Close Friends
  • Diary/ Day Planner (Because he's always owing me money and getting dates wrong)
  • e-cards :cheesy: (They're free fun and show you care 8-) ....also animated w00t)

-------------------------------------------

I shall edit this list as and when necessary
RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by xJ + on 12-12-2006 at 02:13 PM

I will probably give others some random stuffs depending on how close I am with them...
Doesn't really matter what you give, it's the thoughts that count.

RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by Dempsey on 12-12-2006 at 02:59 PM

My dads birthdays this weekend so gotta get him two lots of stuff, I've got him a jeremy clarkson dvd, slade greatest hits cd, bottle of wine and a focus voucher.

Got my sister a docking station for her new iPod, Girls Aloud Greatest Hits and a bottle of vodka.

Got my mum some stuff she bought that I just gave her the money for, dunno what it was.

Got a mate a digital photo frame, gonna put it a 1gb sd card and pre-fill it with loads of pics of her and mates when out and stuff.

thats pretty much all I got, just a few little things, like a burtons voucher and comedy socks for a mate and gonna get a big family tree printout thing for me grandparents, they did some research into the family history a while ago.

RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by vaccination on 12-12-2006 at 04:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Girlfriend
Definitely
  • Venom Vs Carnage Graphic Novel (she's been after it for years)

Nice.

Um i duno..

Mum: The Spooks dvd(wants it)
Dad: Not sure yet, but probably something todo with planes. (or maybe a cheap monitor)
Brother: Money
Sis: Something nice, maybe todo with faries(she likes them :P)

Girlfriend: i havn't a clue ( me == screwed?)

erm yeah bout it =o

RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by alexp2_ad on 12-12-2006 at 05:01 PM

I will give the gift... of love. :P

I refuse to represent how much I care in the form of monetary presents.

And, um, I'm broke.

Tesco Value chocolate for everyone!

RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by RaPLeX on 12-12-2006 at 05:01 PM

i ll buy new mobile fo myself :D

RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by flanders56 on 12-12-2006 at 09:19 PM

This year im being generous cuz i dont really have that much money but im trying :D

Brother- X box 360 game Madden 07 ( i got it new and packaged for £30  on ebay :P)

Mother- really nice designer pen (is 75 quid in shops...£30 on ebay :P)

Father- Guiness world records.* tradition :P (£10) and some port (i dno like £15 :S?)

Brothers gf- Famous stars and straps t shirt (£24)

Stuart- Tartan hip flask :P hes scottish (£10) Armani beanie (£15)

my grandad- ralph lauren scalf (£30 quid. i pay half :P with my bro :D)

RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by lizard.boy on 12-12-2006 at 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

Girlfriend: i havn't a clue ( me == screwed?)
Probably :P

Girlfriend: A framed picture of her and myself, a heart pendant necklace and a large plush teddy bear.

Mom: Probably a remote car starter for her van

Dad: Probably a blue tooth headset, depends if i can scrape enough cash together.

Sister: Something to do with the toronto maple leafs.. She's obsessed.

Grandfather: Good question. Nobody in this house knows what to get him.

And probably a CD or two for some other friends.
RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by ins4ne on 12-12-2006 at 10:17 PM

Stuff :zippy:

RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by Panachiba on 12-13-2006 at 12:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ins4ne
Stuff :zippy:

:zippy: yep...i dont know what -_-
RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by ins4ne on 12-13-2006 at 12:48 AM

Good to see people which don't have a clue :zippy:. Just like me :D.

RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by Rolando on 12-13-2006 at 01:28 AM

We (me and my two sisters) got my dad one of those montblanc pens that he likes and we already got him a laptop. (each paid 1/3rd)

And we got our mom a laptop too, but better than my dad's since she actually knows how to use it :cheesy:! (each paid 1/3rd)

I don't usually get my sisters anything... but I guess I could buy 'em something, don't know what tho.

And to other members of the family (uncles.., aunts..); we give them presents as a family... since I can't afford giving that many presents, I dont work. We bought most of their presents at Circuit city on Black Friday too.. (ipods, cameras.. and the ps3 on amazon.co.uk)

Sleeping outside Circuit City on Black Friday paid off! We got everyone's presents and we paid like half the price :cheesy:

RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by Nagamasa on 12-13-2006 at 01:35 AM

I am sending them all e-cards. So some people on the forums, be prepared to receive one soon.

RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by RaPLeX on 12-15-2006 at 07:04 PM

Left over i dont have gf,so im not oblige to buy something :P

RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by WDZ on 12-15-2006 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
What are you going to give others on Christmas?
[Image: cg2l16dz-nut-n-bitch.jpg]

:blah!:
RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by Thor on 12-15-2006 at 07:37 PM

I'll give gifts :zippy:

Excatly what.. 8-)
That is a more difficult task...

RE: RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by Eljay on 12-15-2006 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
What are you going to give others on Christmas?
[Image: cg2l16dz-nut-n-bitch.jpg]

:blah!:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=764655]

:cheesy: Monkey Island FTW!
RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by L. Coyote on 12-15-2006 at 07:45 PM

I'm giving my mom half a car. (au)

RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by Kenji on 12-15-2006 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by L. Coyote
Whos having the other half? :p
RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by L. Coyote on 12-15-2006 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazzy
quote:
Originally posted by L. Coyote
Whos having the other half? :p
Bah, I'm giving her half the money for the car... Around 7,000 USD, I think.

I had to sell my apartment for that. :-/

That means I'll finally be able to drive, when we get the car, on January/February! :D
RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by Fuse on 12-18-2006 at 04:20 PM

theres a girl i like called niamh [pronounced n-eve (irish - dont ask me :o)]

and im getting her the  butterfly effect on dvd :o

RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by JDizzle on 12-18-2006 at 07:22 PM

I'm going to get Fuse101 a... oh wait can't say here (he will see!).

Mostly going to add to my family's DVD collection, I'll buy them DVDs that I actually want and then it's a win-win situation :o)

RE: RE: What are you going to give others on Christmas? by Fuse on 12-18-2006 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JDizzle
I'm going to get Fuse101 a... oh wait can't say here (he will see!).

Mostly going to add to my family's DVD collection, I'll buy them DVDs that I actually want and then it's a win-win situation :o)

now i'm expecting something :d