Shoutbox

MsgPlus (ple) file but lost password - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MsgPlus (ple) file but lost password (/showthread.php?tid=69519)

MsgPlus (ple) file but lost password by destroyer1 on 12-15-2006 at 08:49 AM

Hi,

Is there any way to recover my logbook? Or to view it in another way? I lost my password from the logbook and I really need those logs...

destroyer

RE: MsgPlus (ple) file but lost password by MattyRid on 12-15-2006 at 09:11 AM

Nope...once you forget the password, your stuffed. Best thing to do...delete those logs, choose a new password that you WILL remember and write that password down somewhere!

RE: MsgPlus (ple) file but lost password by CookieRevised on 12-15-2006 at 02:41 PM

... or don't use encryption.

It may sound silly, but in many cases you don't need to encrypt your stuff at all. eg: it is not like you need to hide your conversations from the police or that your chat with that (girl)friend will be printed out by your parents in poster format and be put on the public billboard in your street... ;) i hope :p

RE: MsgPlus (ple) file but lost password by destroyer1 on 12-15-2006 at 05:40 PM

lol..

well eh, it -indeed- was about a chat with my girlfriend... but is there absolutely nothing I can do about it?? I can post the file.. (it's in Dutch, you won't understand it:P)

RE: MsgPlus (ple) file but lost password by MattyRid on 12-15-2006 at 07:22 PM

absolutely nothing you can do. Even if you posted the file...still there is nothing that can be done

RE: MsgPlus (ple) file but lost password by Thor on 12-15-2006 at 07:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by destroyer1
at with my girlfriend... but is there absolutely nothing I can do about it?? I can post the file.. (it's in Dutch, you won't understand it(Smilie))
Maybe some won't, but believe me, this forum can speak quite a bunch of languages :P
RE: MsgPlus (ple) file but lost password by destroyer1 on 12-15-2006 at 08:15 PM

Doh.. :P

I was hoping some kind of developer could recover it for me :)

RE: MsgPlus (ple) file but lost password by Eljay on 12-15-2006 at 08:18 PM

It's impossible for quite obvious reasons, if you could access the logs without a password in any way at all, the encryption would be pointless.

RE: MsgPlus (ple) file but lost password by destroyer1 on 12-15-2006 at 08:19 PM

Yeah, I understand that.. but I thought it also was obvious that the Messenger Plus! (only) could recover things.. that would be very nice. :)