Shoutbox

[Release] Poligami 1.11 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Poligami 1.11 (/showthread.php?tid=69600)

[Release] Poligami 1.11 by Weyzza on 12-17-2006 at 11:30 AM

"Exploit" polygamy a bit further with Poligami.
If you are lazy and lead a quadruple life, then this script might be for you.
Poligami allows you to automatically connect to several Messenger accounts simultaneously during Messenger startup.

New in 1.11: While you might not use the main feature, you could also use this script to prevent you from being signed out after you automatically sign in,
after opening a new instance of Messenger.
Note: In order to use this special feature, this script requires Messenger Plus! Live 4.20 or later.

Usage:
/poli config -- configuration window (also accessible from Plus! drop-down menu.)
/poli position(integer) email_address(string) -- add/change an email
/poli position(integer) -- delete the email on the corresponding position

Important:
You don't have to include your default email address in the list in the configuration window.

A few notes:
1. It has been only opening the configuration window after the script has been imported or started from the Plus! preferences panel.
In other words, it never opens the configuration window when you start the Messenger. It'd be plain annoying :p
2. This script relies heavily on the bandwidth when it's trying to sign into your accounts.

Many thanks to CookieRevised for the hints, vaccination, and my contacts who might see me online/offline when I forgot to set the default sign-in status to appear offline :chrongue:

Poligami 1.00 -- initial release -- 12 downloads
Poligami 1.01 -- fixes and fixes -- 5 downloads
Poligami 1.02 -- sign-in interval field in config window -- 3 downloads
Poligami 1.03 -- script commands fixes -- 5 downloads
Poligami 1.10
faster and safer sign-in methods, no sign-in interval needed -- 46 downloads
Poligami 1.11
prevents users from being signed out when opening another instance of Messenger

RE: [Release] Poligami by Felu on 12-17-2006 at 11:49 AM

Nice script [Image: msn_happy.gif].

code:
function openReadMe() {
    new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell").Run("%windir%\\notepad.exe " +
            MsgPlus.ScriptFilesPath+"\\README.txt");
}
Just use
code:
function openReadMe() {
    new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell").Run(MsgPlus.ScriptFilesPath+"\\README.txt");
}

Also don't open config window when the script starts. It gets annoying :P.
RE: [Release] Poligami by M73A on 12-17-2006 at 11:59 AM

haha cool idea, don't need to use it personally but its first time in a while i've liked a script concept enough to post :)

RE: [Release] Poligami by foaly on 12-18-2006 at 03:45 PM

it keeps opening messengers and sign them in with the same account...

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.03 by Weyzza on 12-20-2006 at 01:50 AM

The file has actually been updated twice since Monday :p

Users now can set the desired sign-in interval.
It's very useful when the sign-ins are slow, so you won't sign into the same account twice.

I also fixed OnGetScriptCommand().
I misplaced the semi-colon after &lt :$

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.03 by warmth on 12-22-2006 at 05:51 AM

First of all... this is a very nice idea... buuuuuuttt the script needs very changes...

in the last release you didn't updated the about... :S so you install the 1.03 and you get the about of 1.02 :-#

then you have a small problem that can be really quick repaired...
You putted all the programs path in english... how about the people that doesn't have windows in english or use other folders that you don't know the names of?

for example...

I had have to change "Program files" to "Archivos de programa"

code:
function messengerSignIn() {
    Debug.trace( "MessengerSignIn" );
    var objShell = new ActiveXObject( "Shell.Application" );
    objShell.ShellExecute(
            "C:\\Archivos de programa\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe",
            "", "", "open", 1 );

MsgPlus.AddTimer( 'endScript', (email.length) * delay * 1.5 );
    Messenger.Autosignin();
}

to get your script worked in my pc... cause i am a spanish speaker...

other things are that if your pc begun in a good way... you get your script worked but if one of that sign in fails...a you restar it... your script becomes crazy... open once again all the messeger accounts that you configured... and then again and again and again... this is actually very usefull just for the first sign in (when the pc starts) or when you don't have ANY messengers account open... but when you have one or more... the script is just messing things up...

Sorry if i am hard in words... but i am not a english native speaker... and i speak in a serious way... :D
RE: [Release] Poligami 1.03 by Weyzza on 12-22-2006 at 06:04 AM

Thank you very much for the feedback.

If you downloaded the script from the Scripts DB, there was some problem with the version numbering.
The attached script above has the correct version numbering.

I honestly didn't think about non-English program path before :$

I'm sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. The script is intended to run at the very beginning of program, including Windows startup.
Don't worry, I understand what you mean ;) and I hope I can fix the problem soon.

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.03 by -dt- on 12-22-2006 at 06:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Weyzza
I honestly didn't think about non-English program path before (Smilie)
you can use SHGetSpecialPath for that, you should never assume the path.

code:
var CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES = 0x0026;

Debug.Trace("Program Files path: " + getSpecialFolder(CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES))

function getSpecialFolder(CSIDL){
    var szSendToPath = Interop.Allocate((255 *2) +2);
    Interop.Call("Shell32", "SHGetSpecialFolderPathW", 0, szSendToPath, CSIDL, 0);
    return szSendToPath.ReadString(0);
}

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.03 by CookieRevised on 12-22-2006 at 11:28 AM

[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
The buffer must be at least MAX_PATH characters long. MAX_PATH is 260. But since paths can be longer than that, I suggest to use something like 4096 which would be more than enough. 255 is too little in any case.

;)

[/OFF TOPIC]

But actually, one should not use this method to get the installation folder of Messenger. It should be read out of the registry.
RE: [Release] Poligami 1.10 by warmth on 12-22-2006 at 11:25 PM

quote:
Thank you very much for the feedback.

If you downloaded the script from the Scripts DB, there was some problem with the version numbering.
The attached script above has the correct version numbering.

I honestly didn't think about non-English program path before :$

I'm sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. The script is intended to run at the very beginning of program, including Windows startup.
Don't worry, I understand what you mean ;) and I hope I can fix the problem soon.

Your welcome mate... And now I see you updated already to 1.10! nice... but What happened to the delay time??? I already notice one thing... I had my 3 messenger accounts already opened with you script when I installed the new release... and the the windows of install the script was in the color of the last account was signed in... and 3 configurations windows were displayed... kind of weird... don't you think it???
RE: [Release] Poligami 1.10 by Weyzza on 12-22-2006 at 11:28 PM

Do you have 3 Messenger opened when importing the script?
I think when a script is imported, it'll be initialized to every Messenger.
I'm not sure about this, though, but I'm guessing that's why it's behaving that way.

I don't think I need the delay time anymore, since it has a better sign-in method.

Thank you for your support :)

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.10 by warmth on 12-22-2006 at 11:33 PM

yes actually I obviously know that is that! jajajaja I was just kidding... I was trying to telling u... that if you can do in anyway  that only one config windows appear... (maybe the first one...) no 3...

Your welcome... I am helping u... because is the first script that I actually USE ALWAYS! I didn't request it... but I got it like ring in finger... jajajaja

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.10 by Weyzza on 12-22-2006 at 11:38 PM

Ah yeah... unfortunately, scripts have some limitations in detecting some things.

Please let me know if you find any problem :wink:

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.10 by warmth on 12-22-2006 at 11:41 PM

Ok mate... I will... thanks for you patience! jajajaja

I proved most of the things of the new version of your script and you did a nice job... but how about when you close all your messenger accounts? You can't do that the multiple messenger start over again, in the way I already explain it to you mate???

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.10 by intika on 02-06-2007 at 11:11 PM

Hello

First thanks a lot for this plug-in it's very usefull !!! 10000 thanks lol

(i have 4 msn account)

i notice just one little bug... when we use the plug

every thing is okay but when i have an internet disconnection (like u know msn reconnect automatically...) when msn is reconnecting the plug-in open again my 4 msn (not 3 like habitually but 4) so when i let him totaly reconnect alone at last i have 8 msn opned (4 connected and 4 disconnected)

can u do some thing please to make it better please please lol :D

i guess you can disable the plug after the first work and enable it on msn closure...

or detect if the account is connected before opning a new msn

or detecting how many msn is running

or make a little button next live button on msn window to enable/disable the plug easily

or simply detect an internet disconnection to enable/disable the plug

or detect an msn disconnection to enable/disable

or disable the autologin of secondarys acounts after connecting them. (i think it's the better thing to do)

thanks a lot... if i know programming live plus plug i will done it but there is much to know... lol

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.10 by Weyzza on 02-09-2007 at 09:05 AM

Thank you for using this script.

You have many wonderful ideas on how to solve the bug, but sadly, there are some limitations that Plus! has that make the script imperfect.

Let me try to answer your ideas:
#1 i guess you can disable the plug after the first work and enable it on msn closure...
I originally thought of this when I started to write the script, but usability was the problem. When the script is inactive, users won't be able to add new email addresses. In order to access the configuration window, the script must be running.

or detect if the account is connected before opning a new msn
I thought of this one, too. But unfortunately there's no way to do that.

#3 or detecting how many msn is running
Right now, there's no way to know how many Messengers are running.
I tried that approach by counting the number of Messengers that have been started or ended, but there was another problem.
When the computer is shutdown, Plus! will also be shutdown and currently there is no way for Plus! to detect that a Messenger instance is ended.
This script depends on the events that Plus! detects.
For example, when a user signs in or signs out, exits Messenger.

or make a little button next live button on msn window to enable/disable the plug easily
Plus! doesn't allow us to do it :p

or simply detect an internet disconnection to enable/disable the plug
Same reason like #1

or detect an msn disconnection to enable/disable
Same reason like #1

or disable the autologin of secondarys acounts after connecting them. (i think it's the better thing to do)
Same reason like #3
I tried that as well, but since I cannot detect the case where the computer is shut down, the auto-signin would break and the script would not run at all :p

To all people, can you tell me how to detect an event in which the computer is being shutdown? :p
RE: [Release] Poligami 1.10 by CookieRevised on 02-09-2007 at 10:06 AM

The problem intika experiences is/was something I warned about (at least I thought... dunno for certain) for such scripts. However it is perfectly possible to make the script so that it does not open new instances anymore in those cases. It takes clever planning of how the script works though and it isn't that easy/straightforward...

;)

EDIT: fixed some spelling

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.10 by intika on 02-09-2007 at 02:14 PM

Hello Weyzza thanks for your answer

i thought about it lol it appear more difficult to do that...

so...

what do u think if you create 2 diffrent plug one to add emails etc. (in the registry) this one will be alway active (enabled).
and an other to make the polygami this one will be disabled after the poligami work...

the first one will be called for example "poli-interface" and the second "poli-work"

------------------------------------

So poli-work will auto disable himself after work and poli-interface will be there to add or remove emails

Or the poli-interface will disable the poli-work after poligamy work

Or poli-interface will disable the poli-work if the statut of msn is 0  unknown (Messenger::MyStatus) like when msn is disconnected...

And/Or Poli-interface will enable poli-work if the work is not done

And/Or Poli-interface will disable poli-work if one of the adress that ar in the list is triying to connect after work

or some other idea looool

---------------------------------------

this will be easy to do ! ?

what do u think ?

RE: RE: [Release] Poligami 1.10 by CookieRevised on 02-11-2007 at 10:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by intika
what do u think if you create 2 diffrent plug one to add emails etc. (in the registry) this one will be alway active (enabled).
and an other to make the polygami this one will be disabled after the poligami work...
You don't need 2 scripts at all. In fact, it will make this whole script even more confusing, prone to errors, etc... It really will not fix anything at all.

The script can be active all the time, that's not the problem.

The problem is the event on which the script does what it does. This should be tweaked much better and in some cases the script should not open new instances. That doesn't mean the script should be disabled, that means the script should use some checks and/or track in a proper what is running.

eg: when a new messenger instance starts, all scripts under that instance will be started again too. Thus this means that this poligami script is actually run more than once, each time in another instance. This fact must be exploited to make this script work properly.
RE: RE: [Release] Poligami 1.03 by vikke on 02-11-2007 at 12:04 PM

quote:
quote:
I honestly didn't think about non-English program path before (Smilie)
you can use SHGetSpecialPath for that, you should never assume the path.

code:
var CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES = 0x0026;

Debug.Trace("Program Files path: " + getSpecialFolder(CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES))

function getSpecialFolder(CSIDL){
    Interop.Call("Shell32", "SHGetSpecialFolderPathW", 0, szSendToPath, CSIDL, 0);
    return szSendToPath.ReadString(0);
}

You shouldn't assume Messenger is installed in Program Files :D
RE: RE: [Release] Poligami 1.03 by CookieRevised on 02-11-2007 at 08:02 PM

Already said:

"CookieRevised's reply to [Release] Poligami 1.10":

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
The buffer must be at least MAX_PATH characters long. MAX_PATH is 260. But since paths can be longer than that, I suggest to use something like 4096 which would be more than enough. 255 is too little in any case.

But actually, one should not use this method to get the installation folder of Messenger. It should be read out of the registry.

;)
RE: [Release] Poligami 1.10 by intika on 02-13-2007 at 12:42 AM

i think it's more important to solve diconnection problem cose all most of user install msn on the default directory...

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by Weyzza on 03-08-2007 at 08:04 PM

quote:
i think it's more important to solve diconnection problem cose all most of user install msn on the default directory...
And may I add that it has been fixed long time ago?

Anyways, I have released a new version that should fix the opening new Messenger problem, but you will need to install the latest Plus! in order to work properly.
If you like, you can also use this script to prevent you from signing in the same account when you have polygamy feature enabled and open a new instance of Messenger.

If you see any problem, say it, and please mention the behavior of how you get connected to the Internet.
RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by intika on 03-10-2007 at 01:58 AM

thanks a lot :D
i'am testing it :)

see ya

YOU ARE THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very usefull the way you make it when we open a new instance of messenger !

how do u do for making it work ??

see ya
RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by Weyzza on 03-10-2007 at 07:52 AM

I'm glad it works for you :happy:

quote:
how do u do for making it work ??
Nothing special.
I just put an empty string for default email.
RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by snAke_LeAder on 05-28-2007 at 10:09 PM

poligami script doesnt work with wlm 8.5 beta

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by warmth on 05-28-2007 at 10:13 PM

jajajaja I will to see what will be the answer of your post... remember mate... that wlm 8.5 is not even a public beta... and many things inside of it have changed...

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by snAke_LeAder on 05-28-2007 at 10:32 PM

i know, but its a registry thing,...only the phats have ben changed. its only the registry part of the script that have to be changed...oh and in the script himself the new wlm phat :P

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by luckie on 12-17-2007 at 11:56 AM

Hi,

I have a problem using the poligamy script. Im using wlm 8.5 + poligamy but when the second wlm comes online he sais can´t find falsemrmmmg.exe and wlm comes not online....

Thanks for the help.....

Luitzen

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by happyandyk on 12-18-2007 at 06:03 PM

Downloaded now and installed and set all as per your instructions. exited wlm. when i restart wlm, it automatically logs on to my main acnt (i have added 2 others too), but the i get an error "windows cannot find falsemsnmsgr.exe. make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"

so poligami is not working here. what do i do?

RE: RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by luckie on 12-19-2007 at 10:47 AM

I have the same problem.........:@

quote:
Originally posted by happyandyk
Downloaded now and installed and set all as per your instructions. exited wlm. when i restart wlm, it automatically logs on to my main acnt (i have added 2 others too), but the i get an error "windows cannot find falsemsnmsgr.exe. make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"

so poligami is not working here. what do i do?

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by matty on 12-20-2007 at 02:49 AM

Open the Script for Editing. Change the current file to Pologami.js

Change line 10 from
var mKey = 'SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\MSNMessenger\\';

to
var mKey = 'SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\';

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by CookieRevised on 12-20-2007 at 03:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by matty

Change line 10 from

to
Note that this might work for some people, not for all people.

Even if Windows Live Messenger 8.x is installed, the registry keys can still be located at the old location (MSNMessenger) in the registry....

;)
RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by luckie on 12-23-2007 at 08:46 PM

It´s not working for me....And then....:^)

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by Duke59 on 03-07-2008 at 07:18 PM

Im new to this script, i just dowloaded it, and i got the same error as the guys in here i then i changed the 10'th line as suggested by matty
and now the "false" error is gone but how do i see the other MSN account? or is it still not working?
I meen how do i akually see that the ohter account is logged in? and how do i see the contacts on that account?

Ok it now partly work, but i have to start the second MSN instance manually, it does not start up start up automaticly as i expected.

Is it me or is the script faulty?
RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by HMarques on 03-14-2008 at 09:09 AM

Hi,

I have live msn 8.1 and Messenger Plus live > 4.20, so afther i configured the second account i log on. and i get the this message:
windows cannot find 'falsemsnmsgr.exe', Make sure you typed the name correctly.

Can anyone help me with this issue.

Tanks in advanced.

H.Marques

RE: RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by Duke59 on 04-03-2008 at 08:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by matty

Change line 10 from

to
Note that this might work for some people, not for all people.

Even if Windows Live Messenger 8.x is installed, the registry keys can still be located at the old location (MSNMessenger) in the registry....

;)

This worked for me, but i still have to start up the second MSN manually, so it seems to me the script is not working as supposed.

Am i wrong or is there something i can/must do to make it start up automatically.

Hope you can help me :)
falsemsnmsgr.exe error by javiker on 07-28-2008 at 07:06 PM

Hi everybody,

I  also changed the line 10 to solve falsemsnmsgr.exe error, and now in script debuging windows show this error:

El script está iniciándose
El script está cargado y listo
Función llamada: OnEvent_Initialize
Función llamada: OnEvent_SigninReady
getEmails
Error: Overflow (código: -2146828282).
       Archivo: Registry.js. Línea: 29.
La función OnEvent_SigninReady devolvió un error. Código: -2147352567

Messenger 8.5.1302.1018 and Messenger plus! Live 4.60.0.326

Can anyone help me with this issue.Thanks

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by Pacer™ on 08-26-2008 at 12:12 PM

Actually, this script works. It does the auto login and auto app run. Well, I think if you edit the line 10 code to the 1 suggested, you would need to manually run the app urself. I didn't edit mine since it works right after I downloaded it. I'm guessing that the system settings are diff.

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by SkH on 03-24-2009 at 08:16 PM

Can somebody please make it work on the newest Windows Live Messenger 2009? :$

Thanks in advance!!:)

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by SkH on 03-25-2009 at 07:09 AM

Ah forget it, the fixed version of theLaunch now works, and it's better than this (can do more): http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=86816

RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by u2pop on 05-19-2009 at 02:06 AM

is not working for the new window messenger live :(

RE: RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by SkH on 05-23-2009 at 09:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by u2pop
is not working for the new window messenger live :(
Exactly. Can anyone make this to work with the 2009 version of Windows Live Messenger?
RE: [Release] Poligami 1.11 by u2pop on 05-23-2009 at 06:22 PM

yeah somebody can fix the bug or whatever can mention another program name?

Poligami Configuration by Richard210363 on 06-19-2009 at 08:34 AM

Hi there,
I have checked the instructions for Poligami and they don't work fo rme.
How do I run the configuration window for Poligami?

Thanks for any help.