Shoutbox

[Release] Offline Protector 1.0.2 [update] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Offline Protector 1.0.2 [update] (/showthread.php?tid=69616)

[Release] Offline Protector 1.0.2 [update] by the andyman on 12-17-2006 at 08:38 PM

Offline Protector

Offline Protector initially merged two useful scripts: IMoffline and YOU'REoffline. Combined, these two scripts could prevent accidental use of the features in Messenger allowing you to send messages to offline contacts and to send messages whilst appearing offline. Now the functionalities of both scripts are included in just one script and have been extended to work better together and to be more helpful.

The first feature (from IMoffline) allows you to receive a confirmation dialog when you try to send a message to a contact whilst your status is appear offline, and the other feature (from YOU'REoffline) allows you to receive a confirmation dialog when you try to send a message to a contact who is offline or appearing offline.

The settings for both these features are customisable and either or both can be enabled at the same time.

Preview:

[Image: offlineprotector1tj2.png]

Changelog:

Version 1.0.2
(30 forum downloads + x database downloads)
- It no longer asks you to confirm sending a Plus! command to an offline contact or whilst appearing offline
- The text that you typed is removed whether you chose to send the message or not after the confirmation dialog
- Bug fixed: returned an error when trying to send a message to an offline contact

Version 1.0.0b
(30 forum downloads + approx. 400 database downloads)
- Name changed

Version 1.0.0
(approx. 2 forum downloads)
- First release

Download:

- Offline Protector (Version 1.0.2)

Please give feedback and report any bugs etc below. Thanks.

RE: [Release] offlinePROTECTr by alexp2_ad on 12-17-2006 at 09:15 PM

Can I just say what a truly awful name you chose? :P

RE: [Release] offlinePROTECTr by the andyman on 12-17-2006 at 10:17 PM

I know :| - my brain had gone numb from too much coursework ;)

Anyone at all got any ideas for a better name please, there is still time to change it ...

RE: RE: [Release] offlinePROTECTr by alexp2_ad on 12-17-2006 at 10:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the andyman
Anyone at all got any ideas for a better name please, there is still time to change it ...

Well, Offline Protector would be better for a start... :P
RE: [Release] offlinePROTECTr by foaly on 12-17-2006 at 11:25 PM

i would stick to we're offline...

RE: [Release] offlinePROTECTr by matty on 12-17-2006 at 11:45 PM

Offline Alerter

RE: [Release] offlinePROTECTr by Voldemort on 12-18-2006 at 12:15 AM

WiiOffline

RE: [Release] offlinePROTECTr by tony on 12-18-2006 at 02:27 AM

Offlineizor :P

i knew you were gay voldemort. [Image: female.gif]

RE: [Release] offlinePROTECTr by the andyman on 12-18-2006 at 05:04 PM

Thanks for all your idea's. I think I'm just gonna un-weird-ise what I have and stick with Offline Protector as alexp2_ad suggested.

EDIT: updated, see first post

RE: [Release] Offline Protector by Tochjo on 12-31-2006 at 02:20 PM

This lovely script also shows an alert if you use a Plus! command in a conversation window with an offline contact. A little useless, seeing as it is not really text I'm sending :)

Could you remove the notice in such cases, or should this be considered a limitation?

RE: RE: [Release] Offline Protector by the andyman on 12-31-2006 at 04:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
[...] Could you remove the notice in such cases
Sure, this will be "fixed" in the next version, and although it is simple to change I don't have much time atm so it might be a few days before the new version is released
RE: [Release] Offline Protector by psycho_maniac on 01-02-2007 at 05:39 AM

a simple request. when you select no  to not send the message to offline person. have it remove the text you typed. i dont know which one to   choose for me. block offline contacts or this one. im using this one at the moment because i like the pop up notification then the other one. good work andyman

RE: [Release] Offline Protector by Chestah on 01-02-2007 at 08:52 AM

Good script, i like it. I might recommend it to some of my contacts too.. i always get offline messages when i login saying "Bye", "Cya" etc left over from our last conversations that they sent after i logged out!

Cheers!

RE: [Release] Offline Protector by the andyman on 01-02-2007 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by psycho_maniac
a simple request. when you select no  to not send the message to offline person. have it remove the text you typed.
Thanks for the feedback, I will probably add this as an option (so that people can choose whether it does it or not) in a future version.

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Good script, i like it. I might recommend it to some of my contacts too.. i always get offline messages when i login saying "Bye", "Cya" etc left over from our last conversations that they sent after i logged out!

Cheers!
Thanks :). I get 'left over' messages too (and it was the main reason for making this), feel free to pass the link to your friends and contacts.
RE: [Release] Offline Protector by warmth on 01-06-2007 at 03:05 PM

I copy here the debug... (is in spanish)... I replaced my email address with MYMAIL...

Función llamada: OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage
Error: No se pudo abrir la clave del registro "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\GlobalSettings\Scripts\Offline Protector\Settings\MYMAIL\once" para leerla..
       Línea: 56. Código: -2147024894.
La función OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage devolvió un error. Código: -2147352567
Error: No se pudo abrir la clave del registro "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\GlobalSettings\Scripts\Offline Protector\Settings\MYMAIL\once" para leerla..
Función llamada: OnGetScriptMenu

RE: [Release] Offline Protector by the andyman on 01-06-2007 at 06:25 PM

An update has been released to fix the bug that warmth found (thanks for that :)) - see the first post for the changelog and to download.

The new version also includes Tochjo's request for it to not ask you to confirm sending a Plus! command (anything beginning with / [although not beginning with //]). Future versions may offer this as a disable-able option and may also offer the option for it not to ask you when sending commands that StuffPlug 3 and other scripts may use (things beginning with !).

As well as this, the new version includes psycho_maniac's request for it to remove the text you typed whether you choose to send the message or not after the confirmation dialog. As I have previously said, this option may also be disable-able in future versions.

RE: [Release] Offline Protector by warmth on 01-06-2007 at 06:28 PM

no problem mate!!! (H) Is nice to help!!!

hey you forgot to update the ABOUT window...

RE: [Release] Offline Protector by the andyman on 01-06-2007 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
hey you forgot to update the ABOUT window...
Oops, thanks again - see the first post for the update
RE: [Release] Offline Protector by warmth on 01-06-2007 at 06:44 PM

(H)jajajaja no problem mate... (Y)

Note: Don't you want to translate your script to spanish??? I can do it... 8-|

Note2: Nice now I am in the about! (H) Thanks mate...

RE: [Release] Offline Protector 1.0.2 [update] by psycho_maniac on 01-12-2007 at 12:50 AM

hey another request. have a check box on the pop up that says dont show this notification anymore on this session. anybody else like this idea? if you talk to yahoo people that love to hide and appear off line it would be a nice feature. .

RE: [Release] Offline Protector 1.0.2 [update] by the andyman on 01-12-2007 at 05:42 PM

This can be achieved by changing the setting to "Ask only for the first message sent ..."

RE: [Release] Offline Protector 1.0.2 [update] by benibo on 01-23-2007 at 02:35 AM

i cant seem to download the offline protector script i dont know why but for some reason it informs me that the file is corrupt can someone help me???

RE: [Release] Offline Protector 1.0.2 [update] by the andyman on 01-25-2007 at 04:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by benibo
i cant seem to download the offline protector script i dont know why but for some reason it informs me that the file is corrupt can someone help me???
Are you trying to download it from the scripts database or the file that was attached to the first post of this thread? Also, does it tell you that when downloading it or installing it?
RE: [Release] Offline Protector 1.0.2 [update] by benibo on 01-25-2007 at 04:37 PM

from the scripts database, i download the file and when i try to open it a message comes out saying that windows cannot open this file it needs to know which program or website created it

RE: [Release] Offline Protector 1.0.2 [update] by the andyman on 01-25-2007 at 04:49 PM

Does this only happen for this script or for others as well?

RE: [Release] Offline Protector 1.0.2 [update] by vikke on 01-25-2007 at 05:40 PM

How about a warning if you try to send a message to a blocked contact?

RE: [Release] Offline Protector 1.0.2 [update] by the andyman on 01-25-2007 at 06:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
How about a warning if you try to send a message to a blocked contact?
Thanks for the suggestion but afaik you need StuffPlug 3 to be able to talk to contacts that you have blocked so this feature seems pretty pointless to me as not many people have it atm - and you should easily be able to tell if they are blocked anyway
RE: [Release] Offline Protector 1.0.2 [update] by benibo on 01-27-2007 at 01:34 AM

i tried like 3 other scripts and the same thing happens.

RE: [Release] Offline Protector 1.0.2 [update] by vikke on 01-27-2007 at 07:51 AM

Benibo: Try to reinstall MessengerPlus!, if that doesn't help, create a topic for your problem.
Andyman: Oh I forgot that, sorry :)

RE: [Release] Offline Protector 1.0.2 [update] by HuBa on 05-10-2008 at 05:59 PM

I found an annoying behaviour with this script. If I close the alert window, the focus is not restored to the conversation window.
I have to click on the chat window to be able to send new text.