Shoutbox

Graphics card - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Graphics card (/showthread.php?tid=69625)

Graphics card by ins4ne on 12-17-2006 at 11:35 PM

Hey guys I wanted to buy a new graphics card and now I need your help. The one I wanted was out of stock :sad:. Ok second choice: Delivery date unknown :dodgy:. Ok third choice: 'Nah it's crap'. You know what I mean...

Now I'm stuck with 3 cards and I dont know which one is best for lowest price :S.

1. MSI RX1950PRO-VT2D -> € 231,98
GPU: Radeon X1950 PRO - 600 MHz
Memory: 512 MB GDDR3 - 1400 MHz - 256 Bit

2. MSI X1950XT-T2D -> € 266,68*
GPU: Radeon X1950 XT - 625 MHz
Memory: 256 MB GDDR3 - 1800 MHz - 256 Bit

3. HIS RX1950XT IceQ3 Turbo -> € 316,25*
GPU: Radeon X1950 XT - 650 MHz
Memory: 256 MB GDDR3 - 1800 MHz - 256 Bit

(All prices from my shop)

I hope my given information helps you helping me. If not then tell me. I search everything you must know.

THX in advance :).

RE: Graphics card by DarkMe on 12-18-2006 at 12:25 AM

I'd order the first one, its the lowest price, and its not too far from the other's performance, another option could be the third one but by the price i tought maybe you wont need it. :p

imo the first one although has not the better performance its cheaper and the best for its price

RE: Graphics card by ins4ne on 12-18-2006 at 12:29 AM

The price isn't that big problem. If a card costs 200€ then I pay 200. When it costs 500€ I pay 500. I need power and thats the problem. Look at the GPUs and the memory of each card. You see what I mean?

RE: Graphics card by ShawnZ on 12-18-2006 at 03:58 AM

get an nvidia.

RE: Graphics card by Mike on 12-18-2006 at 05:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
get an nvidia.
Indeed.
If you need power, get an Nvidia 8800 GTX

If you don't need much too power, get an 7900 GT or an 7800.
RE: Graphics card by kao on 12-18-2006 at 06:13 AM

Go nvidia. if you want power, get a 7950 GX2 or GT, or just go dx10 and get an 8800 GTX

RE: Graphics card by Hank on 12-18-2006 at 11:23 AM

Nvidia are only good for games, apart from that there crap. IMO if your not a big gamer person, go for ATI ,  but IMO you should go for the Number 2 you mentioned

RE: Graphics card by Eddie on 12-18-2006 at 01:08 PM

Whats so good about ATI?? i have nVidia and ive heard reports that ATI is better *-) considering converting but not sure whats so good about them :S

RE: Graphics card by Kenji on 12-18-2006 at 01:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
Nvidia are only good for games, apart from that there crap. IMO if your not a big gamer person, go for ATI ,  but IMO you should go for the Number 2 you mentioned
I have had a nVidia, and a 2 ATI's

both the ATI cards crapped out on me and the nVidia is going perfect for me.

I dont play games that much, but all i can say is nVidia is 500 times better than ATI.
RE: Graphics card by Eddie on 12-18-2006 at 01:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazzy
quote:
Originally posted by HSV
I have had a nVidia, and a 2 ATI's

both the ATI cards crapped out on me and the nVidia is going perfect for me.

I dont play games that much, but all i can say is nVidia is 500 times better than ATI.
guess im not changing then lol :P nVidia GeForce yay :D Works fine with AOE and Call of Duty for me so i guess no need to change eh :)
RE: Graphics card by ins4ne on 12-18-2006 at 01:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kao
Go nvidia. if you want power, get a 7950 GX2 or GT, or just go dx10 and get an 8800 GTX
Always the most expensive ay? :rolleyes: I'll have a look. Like I said, the price doesn't matter. I saw the 7950GX2 for 400€. That's nothing :P.
RE: Graphics card by ins4ne on 12-18-2006 at 01:58 PM

Sorry for the double post but I must tell you that I've done my decision. I'll go with the Leadtek WinFast PX7950GX2 (€ 395,57). It looks great, is powerful and not too expensive (I said money is no problem but over 600€ for a graphics card ;)).

I want to thank all of you who have helped me and gave me advice, oppinions and experiences on their cards and for searching links and infos :).

(Y) to you.

Thread can be closed

RE: Graphics card by andrewdodd13 on 12-18-2006 at 04:26 PM

Just an aside as I'm reading through this post:

Speaking of power, you may want to make sure that your PSU is up to the job. Personally I'd not stick any of these new PCI-E cards in anything less than a 400W power supply, and even then you'll want to check the make - some vendors are just better than others.

Oh, and the nVidia card is the sex. Although ATI released a small program to do MPEG ENcoding on-card (which would be sweet), nVidia wins hands-down on all the games I've tried.

RE: Graphics card by ins4ne on 12-18-2006 at 05:35 PM

I have a 500W supply atm. But i think about buying a 750W with cable management.. All those wires everywhere :S...

EDIT: As soon as I get all my pieces together and my new computer build up I'll post some specs and pics. If somebody cares...

RE: Graphics card by Nathan on 12-18-2006 at 05:50 PM

I seriously wouldnt go for that card,
nVidia and ATI graphic cards are the most popular and therefore have more support with games etc....
If you go and buy a graphics card that is maybe not as supported as others e.g ATI and nVidia then your pretty screwed on games that dont work because of your graphics card.
At least you know when you're buying an ati or nvidia that you've got a decent well known graphics card that has lots of support if it goes  wrong.

So if you dont want to spend so much then get a chepear graphics card by that make. Expensive doesnt always mean the best ;)

I've just had problems playing Need for Speed Most Wanted because i have a laptop and they dont support it and now guess what... I cant use it because they wouldnt support me e.g taking the game back and refunding or even fixing the problem.

Sorry for the lengthy explanation and stuff but it has to be said and im sure cookie would of said something like i have.

(im also sorry if it doesnt make sense to you)

Nathan

RE: Graphics card by kao on 12-18-2006 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ins4ne
quote:
Originally posted by kao
Always the most expensive ay? :rolleyes: I'll have a look. Like I said, the price doesn't matter. I saw the 7950GX2 for 400€. That's nothing :P.
Uh, no, I just said the 7950 GX2 because they're not that expensive considering it is two GPUs  so when you run them on dual GPU mode (with one monitor) you have two cards on sli.

If money doesn't matter then why didn't you get an 8800 GTX?

I think someone is telling porkies ;p
RE: Graphics card by Mike on 12-18-2006 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
Although ATI released a small program to do MPEG ENcoding on-card (which would be sweet)
Nvidia PureVideo Decoder ;)
RE: Graphics card by WDZ on 12-18-2006 at 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Although ATI released a small program to do MPEG Encoding on-card
Nvidia PureVideo Decoder
O_o
RE: Graphics card by ins4ne on 12-18-2006 at 06:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kao
If money doesn't matter then why didn't you get an 8800 GTX?

I think someone is telling porkies ;p
quote:
I said money is no problem but over 600€ for a graphics card ;)
Read my posts first. kthx.

You talked about the 8800 GTX. I'm searching for it. I only found the XFX GF8800GTS :undecided:

EDIT: Found the GTX now but that is a bit too expensive :P. + delivery date unknown. Like all the good stuff :(.
RE: Graphics card by vaccination on 12-18-2006 at 08:36 PM

quote:

EDIT: Found the GTX now but that is a bit too expensive :P

That's what i thought :P

I've gone for the GTS, it should be delivered soon, although i'm not supposed to have it until xmas...8-)

My two cents: the Nvidia GTX/GTS would be awesome, if you can afford them. But, i'd go with kao, get a 7950 GX2, or one of the 7950 series. I think it's too late now though.

RE: Graphics card by ins4ne on 12-18-2006 at 08:42 PM

Too late for what? I had a long speech with kao on WLM and i found out that the GTS/GTX supports dx10. Ok dx10 is cool but it's for vista and there aren't games out yet that support it so I think it's useless to get such a card because I wont get Vista until SP1.

I go with a GX2. Just found a nice one and not too expensive.

I never thought it would be that hard to find a good graphics card :S.

RE: Graphics card by Mike on 12-18-2006 at 08:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Although ATI released a small program to do MPEG Encoding on-card
Nvidia PureVideo Decoder
O_o
Guess I should read more carefully next time... (A)
RE: Graphics card by kao on 12-18-2006 at 09:11 PM

uh, only the 8800 cards are dx10, not anything GTX or GTS :rolleyes:

RE: Graphics card by ins4ne on 12-18-2006 at 09:13 PM

Yeah but we meant the 8800. erm... I did :S.

RE: Graphics card by vaccination on 12-18-2006 at 10:55 PM

quote:
Yeah but we meant the 8800. erm... I did :S.

So did i :P

i think kao miss understood your post.

Anyway, i ment it was too late for my oppinion to be valid cause i thought you'd allready bought one. i take it i was wrong though :P
RE: Graphics card by ins4ne on 12-18-2006 at 10:58 PM

I'll buy a new one next month but I'm searching now to see what's out :). This month I only get my CPU, CPU cooler, mainboard and a few rams :undecided:. Ya again my damn car. Spent all money on it :P. But next month I'll finisch my computer first xD.

RE: Graphics card by Jhrono on 12-21-2006 at 03:46 PM

Here's my 2 cents.

I'm about to buy a new computer :

LC POWER ARKANGEL V2.2 850W
Gigabyte 965P-DS3
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
2 x HITACHI 80 GB SATA II

And I was thinking about buying a 8800GTX, featuring Dx10 and yada yada yada..

But then I thought.. The banging Dx10 games are going to take a while to appear.. And when they hit the stores, will the 8800GTX still be sufficient? Will the 600 Euros pay off? Or will the card be worth 100 Euros? IMO, if you want Dx10, just wait some more months and buy one of the future high end cards, which will cost the same as the 8800GTX and give way better performance..
If you're a fanboy, on the other hand, buy the 8800GTX, it provides GREAT performance on the existing (and yet to be released) Dx9 games.. Just keep in mind that it won't be enough..