Shoutbox

[REQUEST] Smaller Password - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [REQUEST] Smaller Password (/showthread.php?tid=69648)

[REQUEST] Smaller Password by Fuse on 12-18-2006 at 06:10 PM

IS there a way to make a shorter password for the computer at my house, juse for WLM.
EXAMPLE:

password: helloilovemsgplus
password at home: 123

________

?

RE: [REQUEST] Smaller Password by rob_botch on 12-18-2006 at 06:23 PM

I believe that it may be possible to do this in a script, but it would be very insecure, as both the full and short password must be stored. Perhaps asking messenger to remember the password may be the better solution.

Robert

RE: [REQUEST] Smaller Password by Nathan on 12-18-2006 at 06:26 PM

Actually thats not true.
It's stored on your pc in (now) an encrypted file and if say you want wlm to save it it will go in that file.

RE: RE: [REQUEST] Smaller Password by Jesus on 12-18-2006 at 08:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
Actually thats not true.
It's stored on your pc in (now) an encrypted file and if say you want wlm to save it it will go in that file.

that's not what he meant...
read again ;)

I think he meant a different, shorter password for home use, while keeping the longer password for other machines.
RE: [REQUEST] Smaller Password by matty on 12-18-2006 at 11:04 PM

It could be done with a proxy but like everyone is saying not very secure.

RE: [REQUEST] Smaller Password by Chris4 on 12-18-2006 at 11:15 PM

You could use Short Keys and make it so when you type 123 it replaces it with helloilovemsgplus. However, someone could open the program and see it.

RE: [REQUEST] Smaller Password by Deco on 12-18-2006 at 11:26 PM

I'm not sure how to 'lock' messenger but I sent in my "rock paper scissors' script the functions to encrypt text with md5.. so if someone would do the locking for you just copy my code and encode the shorter password, save it into registry and have the script check if what you typed (after conversion to md5) equals what's stored in the registry.

Have fun!

RE: [REQUEST] Smaller Password by foaly on 12-18-2006 at 11:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Deco
sent in my "rock paper scissors' script the functions to encrypt text with md5.. so if someone would do the locking for you just copy my code and encode the shorter password, save it into registry and have the script check if what you typed (after conversion to md5) equals what's stored in the registry.
isn't it easier to encrypt the original password with the short password as password and store that as a string in the register..
then take that string out off the register and decode it with the short password and put the decode text as password in the password field?