Shoutbox

[Release] Messenger Magician - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Messenger Magician (/showthread.php?tid=69652)

[Release] Messenger Magician by the andyman on 12-18-2006 at 06:34 PM

Messenger Magician

Bored of the plain old Windows Live Messenger toasts when one of you contacts signs in? Let the helpful magician Merlin tell you instead.

Notes: Hopefully functionality and options will be extended soon. Enable or disable this script in the scripts preferences. Merlin only tells you when non-blocked contacts sign-in. You may need to download the Merlin character, if so get him from here.

Preview:

[Image: agent6.jpg]

Changelog:

Version 1.0.0
- First release

Download:

- Messenger Magician (Version 1.0.0)

Please give feedback and report any bugs etc below. Thanks.

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Jimbo on 12-18-2006 at 06:38 PM

Excellent though you should low down a bit with your release of scripts
Suggestion: Add more characters and sign-out allerts and email alerts
Or even better, have a different character tell you different things!
Also, maybe make his message clickable so you can open a conversation with the person that has just signed in
And maybe make it display colours in names

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Spunky on 12-18-2006 at 06:41 PM

Kewl, I did some work with Merlin after the post in the "TIPS" thread. Downloading now

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by MicroWay on 12-18-2006 at 07:06 PM

Liked the idea... I was trying to make one like that (I have the Agent Message script saved) but no sucess
Nice work (Y)

Suggestions: Don't know if they are on project, anyway...
1) Add more functions like sing out, etc (as it said) and maybe other function not related to Sing in, sign out, changing PSM...
2) Add a Properties Window when the user can enable script (as said) AND select wich "functions" Merlin should do
3) Ability to position Merlin on the Properties Window (so the user don't need to change setings directly on the code)

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by RaPLeX on 12-18-2006 at 07:10 PM

nice idea,and no bug for now

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Oxy on 12-18-2006 at 07:55 PM

Nice, however would be nice to also block the pop-ups from default wlm comming up as well?

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Jimbo on 12-18-2006 at 07:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .OxY
Nice, however would be nice to also block the pop-ups from default wlm comming up as well?
Tool>allerts>>untick display allerts when contacts sign in
RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Spunky on 12-18-2006 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaPLeX
nice idea,and no bug for now

Except he hid away into his hat three times before actually hiding for me. Happened on one occasion at least. Also, doesn't seem to actualy do anything when people sign in or out =/
RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Wally on 12-18-2006 at 09:11 PM

iv got another merlin script (agent messege) will this script put show two merlins at the same time if i get this script as well     

EDIT: just tried it and doesnt show 2 merlins :p great script andyman

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Zoozoo on 12-18-2006 at 10:08 PM

Please, please, please make it colour supported, or when he reads it out, he skips over the colour codes.
It gets pretty annoying, and he goes on for a while.

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Chris4 on 12-18-2006 at 10:12 PM

A great script, make sure you improve it with the suggestions people have given (Y):P

Here's my suggestion: It doesn't show 'weird' characters, it only shows basic letters, numbers and symbols.

RE: RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by the andyman on 12-18-2006 at 10:58 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone :)

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
A great script, make sure you improve it with the suggestions people have given (Y):P
I'm gonna try to improve it a lot as it obviously is very basic atm, and the suggestions have helped so thanks again everyone. However, I don't think all of the requests can be done due to limitations with the actual agent etc.
RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Stigmata on 12-18-2006 at 11:21 PM

dt is guna love it when he sees this thread..

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by markee on 12-19-2006 at 02:14 AM

-dt-'s reply to Tips
[Release] Agent Message.

Need I say more?  I strongly recommend looking at the second link to see what might happen to this thread ;)

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Wally on 12-19-2006 at 02:41 AM

thank you markee :p i was gonna say something before but i didnt know if it was appropriate thank you for reminding everyone on this thread :)

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by the andyman on 12-19-2006 at 04:29 PM

Sorry I'm obviously missing something as I don't quite get what point is being made in the last 3 posts. Although judging by what has been said I'd like to make a few points: I came up with this idea myself (mainly after trying to think of ideas: something not too serious and different to anything else as far as I was aware; and also in ICT at school I was showing some mates how those characters could be controlled [as I had programmed one before so knew it could be done] at http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/dev/code/TryMSAgent.asp and that reminded me about them). I've programmed the/an MS Agent before (though a web page using Javascript, although the last time I did was 28/04/2005 according to the last modified date on the html file). Yes I did use the code to load the character in Jscript from the Tips thread (which I found after searching the forums to see if an MS Agent had been put in a script before), but after all isn't that what it is for (to give Tips etc).

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Geo on 12-19-2006 at 06:01 PM

(Y) great script.

Just one question. How do not to display the icone

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by the andyman on 12-19-2006 at 06:24 PM

Do you mean the icon that appears in the system tray?

RE: RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Geo on 12-19-2006 at 07:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the andyman
Do you mean the icon that appears in the system tray?

Yes:D
RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by the andyman on 12-19-2006 at 07:32 PM

Right-click the clock and choose "Customize Notifications...", then find the Merlin icon and choose "Always hide", then click "OK" and "OK" again

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by moikiss on 01-06-2007 at 08:59 PM

WoW this script is sooo cool but what would be even better is if you made some of the same script but with all the different characters so people could pick what character to choose that would be good.
do you think you could possibly do one for the genie

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by the andyman on 01-06-2007 at 09:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by moikiss
WoW this script is sooo cool but what would be even better is if you made some of the same script but with all the different characters so people could pick what character to choose that would be good.
Thanks for the feedback :) I do plan to allow you to choose which character you want in a future version.

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by moikiss on 01-06-2007 at 10:07 PM

O NO i done something by accident with your script i switched everything that was merlin to genie and then i set it all back to merlin
and now i gt the genie o no o wait yay i figured out what i done to change the characters
if you want to change the characters when there the bit that says

code:
Agents.Characters.Load("Merlin","C:\\WINDOWS\\msagent\\chars\\Merlin.acs");

change it to
code:
Agents.Characters.Load("Merlin","C:\\WINDOWS\\msagent\\chars\\Genie.acs");

to make it the genie and you also have to have the genie character downloaded as well

EDIT: wow i found another thing out as well if you want the ms agent to tell you when someone signs out add this to the code
code:

function OnEvent_ContactSignOut(Email){
var contactmail = Email;
signedincontact = Messenger.MyContacts.GetContact(contactmail);
    if(signedincontact.Blocked!=true){
        merlin.Show();
        merlin.Play("GetAttention");
        merlin.Play("GetAttentionReturn");       
        merlin.Play("RestPose");
        merlin.Speak(signedincontact.Name+" Has just Signed out");
        merlin.Hide();
    }
}

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by the andyman on 01-06-2007 at 10:59 PM

code:
// Feel free to modify any code but do not copy or redistribute without permission.
8-)

Next time either ask my permission before copying my script, ignoring all notices in it and redistributing it; or get a bit of patience and wait for me to do what I just said I was going to do.
RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by moikiss on 01-07-2007 at 11:21 AM

o kk sorry i just took the attachment off

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by the andyman on 01-07-2007 at 12:31 PM

Thank you.

RE: Scripting API Wishlist by megaluc on 01-22-2007 at 10:39 PM

Should it be possible for messenger magician, to make a code that will make him saying the fisrt name and the name of the contacts who is comming online, cause i remaned all my contacts with there real first name and name, so i would like to know if it can be possible to make the magician saying the real name, and fisrts name of the contacts, if there is a way to do it please tell me?

Thanks to read me

Luc

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Passoa on 04-13-2007 at 07:14 PM

how to deleted Merlin ??? its fun but its irritating

not always but sometime :P

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Wally on 04-14-2007 at 03:07 AM

if you mean uninstalling the merlin script all you do is go to the main page of WLM up the top go Plus!>Preferences>General>Scripts then you can either stop or remove the script then your done :)

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by the andyman on 04-18-2007 at 08:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by megaluc
[...] so i would like to know if it can be possible to make the magician saying the real name, and fisrts name of the contacts, if there is a way to do it please tell me?
Sorry, but as far as I'm aware this is not possible.

quote:
Originally posted by Passoa
how to deleted Merlin ??? its fun but its irritating
Do you want to delete the whole Merlin script or just the icon in the system tray?
RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by linneyblud on 04-25-2007 at 05:15 PM

[b][font=Impact][size=4][color=red] yes how do you delete the hole thing its good but i do find it annoying.

or if u dont know could you tell me how to get to the wlm main page

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by CookieRevised on 04-26-2007 at 01:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linneyblud
[b][font=Impact][size=4][color=red] yes how do you delete the hole thing its good but i do find it annoying.

or if u dont know could you tell me how to get to the wlm main page
This is already explained 2 posts before your post. Always read posts in a thread before asking a question ;)

In your contactlist or in a conversation go to the main 'Plus!' menu on top of the window.
Select the 'Preferences' menu item
Select the 'General' tab
Select the 'Scripts' side tab
Navigate to the 'Messenger Magician' script
Press the 'Remove' button

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by CoolWolf on 06-27-2007 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by moikiss

Agents.Characters.Load("Merlin","C:\\WINDOWS\\msagent\\chars\\Merlin.acs");

change it to

Agents.Characters.Load("Merlin","C:\\WINDOWS\\msagent\\chars\\Genie.acs");

Interesting but the "Merlin" bit is what you call (Name) the agent, the .acs is the actual agent file.

Basically if you had a selection drop box list of all the installed .acs files then it would only display those installed on a users system.

I have more than the default .acs 's installed and you can download and install more agent characters, so the best solution for multiple character selection is just to list the acs 's. (Imho)

As for text colour codes and emotes, there are scripts that handle these, contact thier creators and see if you can borrow some code, maybe they could use some of your code in a future script of theirs?

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by the andyman on 06-30-2007 at 10:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CoolWolf
Basically if you had a selection drop box list of all the installed .acs files then it would only display those installed on a users system.
That sounds like a good idea for future versions where I plan to allow you to be able to change characters but I am unsure whether (and how) I am/ the script is able to find out which characters are installed ...

quote:
Originally posted by CoolWolf
As for text colour codes and emotes, there are scripts that handle these, contact thier creators and see if you can borrow some code, maybe they could use some of your code in a future script of theirs?
There is already a function to remove the colour codes from names (seeing as the text colours in the Merlin's speech bubble cannot be changed) which I plan to implement in the next version. As for emoticons I plan to just leave these as the codes.
RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by fervus on 10-02-2007 at 01:45 PM

I edited your Messenger Magician script, so now he can speak Italian. Can I distribute the new version? Can you teach me something about your script; I would like to make him also read messages, and use more sentences and characters. Please contact me at this email adress for replay.        My Email Address is this.

[align=right]Thank you, I'm sorry for my English. I'm Italian

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Drakal on 10-02-2007 at 04:09 PM

why dont you add options to turn it off?? And add sound.. i want to hear him to.

code:
    Merlin.TTSModeID = "{CA141FD0-AC7F-11D1-97A3-006008273002}";
should work :P
RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by the andyman on 10-12-2007 at 04:23 PM

fervus, sure you can redistribute an Italian version of my script - thanks for asking :). Have a look at the email I sent you for more information.

Drakal, I was thinking of adding the option to turn it off along with changing the character in the next version (although I'm very busy at the moment so that seems a long time away). Adding sound (aka making it talk) looks like a great idea, thanks for the code :P

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by blenchi on 11-04-2007 at 08:52 AM

The magician didn't work after it was installed.  Every time I started up, I had to stop and start the script to get the magician doing his work.
The problem appeared on a windows Vista business and a windows live messenger 8.5.1288.816.
To solve the problem, I've added this code to start the magician (silently) after signing in, wich refers to the startcharacter-function.

function OnEvent_SigninReady(Email){
    startcharacter();
}

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by nyzaraxbloodshryne on 11-09-2007 at 09:19 PM

How would I alter the code to use other avatars i have?

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by the andyman on 11-15-2007 at 07:11 PM

blenchi, sorry for your issue but thanks for the code to auto-start it, I'm sure this can help a few people with the same problem as you. In the next version I'll probably make it so that you can set it to auto-start or not.

nyzaraxbloodshryne, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "avatars". You can only use Microsoft Agent characters with this script.

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by NooNy on 12-12-2007 at 01:33 AM

hey i love this program but i just seem to get it to run automatically

every time i want it on i have to go to scripts and edit the scrips and save it for the magician's to come back on!!

rather annoying coz i had to disable the sound form when a contact signs in so you could only hear the magician

so if i forget i can hear when my contacts are signing in!

please help

email is madam_susie@hotmail.com

quote:
fervus, sure you can redistribute an Italian version of my script - thanks for asking :). Have a look at the email I sent you for more information.

Drakal, I was thinking of adding the option to turn it off along with changing the character in the next version (although I'm very busy at the moment so that seems a long time away). Adding sound (aka making it talk) looks like a great idea, thanks for the code :P

i tired this and it didnt work
RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by andoz on 04-17-2008 at 01:46 PM

why does after it has said who has logged on, it dissapers

and can i have the script?

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by FootSoulJah on 04-20-2008 at 12:02 AM

Now make the paperclip please!
That guy is Awesome!

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Spunky on 04-20-2008 at 04:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FootSoulJah
Now make the paperclip please!
That guy is Awesome!

You need to download the MS Agent. I don't know if the Office ones are the same, but I think they are
RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by Volv on 08-18-2008 at 09:41 AM

Messenger Magician fails to load the Agent (Merlin) after quitting WLM then starting it up again. The problem is that you've nested an event function inside another function:

code:
function OnEvent_Initialize(MessengerStart){
    if(MessengerStart==false){
        startcharacter();
        merlin.Show();
        merlin.MoveTo(25,30);
        merlin.Play("Announce");
        merlin.Speak("Hello. Thanks for installing Messenger Magician");
        merlin.Play("Greet");
        merlin.Play("RestPose");
        merlin.Speak("I'm Merlin and I'll try to help you by telling you when one of your contacts signs into Messenger");
        merlin.Speak("I'll disappear now until I'm needed again when a contact signs in");
        merlin.Speak("Bye");
        merlin.Play("Wave");
        merlin.Hide();
    }else{
            function OnEvent_SigninReady(Email){
                startcharacter();
            }
    }
}
Removing the red text makes the script work fine/as expected.
RE: RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by ethanp on 08-18-2008 at 09:52 AM

quote:
code:
// Feel free to modify any code but do not copy or redistribute without permission.
8-)

Next time either ask my permission before copying my script, ignoring all notices in it and redistributing it; or get a bit of patience and wait for me to do what I just said I was going to do.

oh grow up; your 20-line script which you basically stole from -dt-'s post in the tips thread is not that amazing that you need to start being anal about what people do with it.
RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by CookieRevised on 08-18-2008 at 06:26 PM

He wasn't being anal about it and he has every right to complain when people redistribute his script!! No matter if it contained 20 unique lines or 1 new extra line compared to -dt-'s code.

The few lines of code posted by -dt- is there to be used in scripts. Moreover, it is so absolute basic code and so few lines (call ActiveX and use some properties) that anybody would come up with the exact same lines of codes. That doesn't not make any script using that ActiveX the property of -dt-, not even in the smallest way.

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician by yemyem2009 on 02-10-2009 at 04:47 PM

Heyy its an amazing script but i cant disable it!! HELPP ASAP. :( XX REPLY TO MY EMAIL ASAP PLEASE YEM-YEM@HOTMAIL.CO.UK

RE: [Release] Messenger Magician HElP? by katielouisebabes on 04-15-2009 at 09:39 AM

When i do it ... Merlin does not show up everytime i sign in ? Do i have to do something first ? That probably sounds really stupid :) [font=Tahoma][size=3][color=red]