Shoutbox

[Release] Voice Clip Sender - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Voice Clip Sender (/showthread.php?tid=69745)

[Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-20-2006 at 10:04 PM

[Image: VoiceClipSender_Small.png]

Voice Clip Sender allows you to send Plus! Custom Sounds as voice clips and sound files as voice clips. It can also override the sending of Plus! Custom Sounds from the sounds panel and send them as voice clips instead. In addition to this, Voice Clip Sender provides new features for sending voice clips.

Download at Script Database (version 1.0.102): http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/243/
Voice Clip Sender requires Plus! version 4.11 or above.

Special thanks to TheSteve, who this script would not be possible without.

The currently supported commands in Voice Clip Sender are:

• /vc <time in seconds> <optional, delay in seconds> - sends a voice clip with the specified time and delay
    The input device is changed to the one specified in the options, there will be another command to not change it in a later release

• /vcplus <sound identifier> - sends a Plus! sound with the specified identifier as a voice clip
    In a later release it will accept keywords as well

• /plus <sound identifier or keyword(s)> - sends a Plus! sound as a Plus! sound
    Only is enabled if replacing custom sounds with voice clips is enabled

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by prashker on 12-20-2006 at 10:08 PM

Cool, it works :cheesy:

* prashker sets Stereo Mix!11

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by NanaFreak on 12-21-2006 at 03:32 AM

good work deAd... MenthiX tested it on me this morning (Y) it works good

RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-21-2006 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Cool, it works :cheesy:
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
good work deAd... MenthiX tested it on me this morning (Y) it works good
RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by Ace-_Ventura on 12-21-2006 at 07:51 PM

Hello,
I have  problem with this script.
configuration
I also tried other audio inputs but didn't change my problem, which is this one:
Problem

The sound that I tried to send was the one I had sent previously (2 hit combo @ Ra_Ven).

Also, can't the script auto add all the plus sounds that i already had before? It would be a pain in the ass to add them all over again.

Regards,
Ace-_Ventura                                                       

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-21-2006 at 08:24 PM

For your configuration problem, which inputs are listed in the combo box other than wave? What does "select current device" select?

For your second two problems, I believe the script only works on the English versions of windows in the current version. I will do my best to change this soon :)

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by Fuse on 12-21-2006 at 08:40 PM

works well, have you thought about making other common audio types  work on the scirpt aswell such as .m4a .rma etc?

RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-21-2006 at 09:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fuse101
works well, have you thought about making other common audio types  work on the scirpt aswell such as .m4a .rma etc?

I am planning to include .wav in the next release, and I will continue to add support for new audio types.
RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by Ace-_Ventura on 12-21-2006 at 11:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
For your configuration problem, which inputs are listed in the combo box other than wave? What does "select current device" select?

For your second two problems, I believe the script only works on the English versions of windows in the current version. I will do my best to change this soon :)
I have this options Input. Dunno how some of them are called in english, but it doesn't solve the problem.
"select current device" doesn't do anything -I think-.
If the problem is of my version being non-english, what does that change on the code? the folder where the sounds stay is different?

RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-21-2006 at 11:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ace-_Ventura
quote:

I have this options Input. Dunno how some of them are called in english, but it doesn't solve the problem.
"select current device" doesn't do anything -I think-.
If the problem is of my version being non-english, what does that change on the code? the folder where the sounds stay is different?
The language changes affect the path to the Custom Sounds and the names of the Input devices. The "Use Recommended" button will not select the right input device for you, you'll need to change it manually.

As for the input path, you can change it manually if you wish (a basic knowledge of scripting might come in handy, even though this is pretty basic itself) or wait for an update. You'll need to replace all instances of:
code:
'Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application Data\\Messenger Plus!\\Custom Sounds\\'
with the equivalent path for your language. Remember to escape the slashes!
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by CookieRevised on 12-21-2006 at 11:59 PM

quote:
The language changes affect the path to the Custom Sounds
ermm.. no it doesn't... if it does then you take a totally wrong approach in getting the directory.

Moreover, the custom sound directory isn't always located in application directory under "documents and settings" directory either, but can be located in a subdirectory of the Messenger Plus! directory under "program files"!...

I didn't took a look at your script, but never ever hard code a path. Second, never ever use the "Special Folders" registry key to get to special folders like "Documents and settings". Never ever use environment variables to get to it. What you should do is using Windows API like SHGetSpecialFolderPath and the likes.

EDIT: after reading your post further I see you indeed hard coded the path. This is the worst method you can do actually (even reading the special folders key in the registry is a better method than that).
RE: RE: RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-22-2006 at 12:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
The language changes affect the path to the Custom Sounds
ermm.. no it doesn't... if it does then you take a totally wrong approach in getting the directory.

Moreover, the custom sound directory isn't always located in the "documents and settings" directory either...

I didn't took a look at your script, but never ever hard code a path. Second, never ever use the "Special Folders" registry key to get to special folders like "Documents and settings". Never ever use environment variables to get to it. What you should do is using Windows API like SHGetSpecialFolderPath and the likes.

EDIT: after reading your post further I see you indeed hard code the path. This is the worst method you can do actually (even reading the special folders key in the registry is a better method than that).

I did hard code the path, I hadn't thought of using the script in different languages. Also, when would the path to the Custom Sounds change? AFAIK they're always in the same directory.
RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-22-2006 at 12:08 AM

quote:
quote:
I did hard code the path, I hadn't thought of using the script in different languages. Also, when would the path to the Custom Sounds change? AFAIK they're always in the same directory.
it doesn't change after you've installed Plus!... but it is not always the same for everybody when they first install Plus!.

What would make the path change during the installation?
RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by Ace-_Ventura on 12-22-2006 at 12:09 AM

thanks, it's working now :D. Great script I must say

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by CookieRevised on 12-22-2006 at 12:10 AM

quote:
1) It is not always the same (as in a subdir under the application directory) for everybody when they first install Plus!.
2) _every_ directory under Documents and settings (including documents & settings itself) can be renamed and moved by the Windows user.

And even if nothing changed, you must never ever hard code a path.
RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-22-2006 at 12:17 AM

quote:
1) It is not always the same (as in a subdir under the application directory) for everybody when they first install Plus!.
2) _every_ directory under Documents and settings (including documents & settings itself) can be renamed and moved by the Windows user.

I have changed the code to get the path using SHGetFolderPath. It will be changed in the next update :). I have not accounted for (1) yet, and imo (2) is pretty unlikely -- wouldn't that screw up Plus! as well?
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by CookieRevised on 12-22-2006 at 12:28 AM

quote:
quote:

I have changed the code to get the path using SHGetFolderPath. It will be changed in the next update :). I have not accounted for (1) yet, and imo (2) is pretty unlikely -- wouldn't that screw up Plus! as well?

this still isn't correct....

The proper and only correct way to get to the custom sound dir is using the exact same method as Plus! uses, which is:
1) get the APPDATA path by using the SHGetSpecialFolderLocation (with CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA) and SHGetPathFromIDList APIs
2) If no path is returned or those functions fail, get Plus!'s installation directory from the registry, and append the subdirectory "Data" to it.
3) Only after doing all that, you can append the directory "Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds" to the path you get from 1 or 2.

^^ trade secret here? :D;)

quote:
wouldn't that screw up Plus! as well?
no as Plus! uses proper methods to get paths like "documents and settings", "program files", etc, etc... it uses the SHGetSpecialFolderPath , SHGetSpecialFolderLocation, SHGetPathFromIDList, etc APIs like every program should (and does).

;)
RE: RE: RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-22-2006 at 12:49 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

this still isn't correct....

no as Plus! uses proper methods to get paths like "documents and settings", "program files", etc, etc... it uses the SHGetSpecialFolderPath , SHGetSpecialFolderLocation, SHGetPathFromIDList, etc APIs like every program should (and does).

;)

SHGetFolderPath supercedes SHGetSpecialFolderPath, and accepts the same CSIDL as SHGetSpecialFolderPath. What's wrong with it? I'll add the other steps too.
RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by Grue on 12-22-2006 at 07:04 AM

Wow, I really like this script. It works well.
Just one question- Is there any way to adjust the volume level of the voice clip?
Thanks!

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by Matti on 12-22-2006 at 09:32 AM

This script's great! It looks, feels and works great! :D The sound of my speakers isn't that good, so the sound's quality is a bit less but it's an awesome way to send people who don't use Plus! a custom sound. Maybe Patchou should use voice clips as alternative for the Emotion Sounds? :)

Both thumbs up! (y)

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by RaPLeX on 12-22-2006 at 11:56 AM

Nice script,congrats (Y)

RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-22-2006 at 04:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Grue
Just one question- Is there any way to adjust the volume level of the voice clip?
Thanks!

No, there isn't in the current version. I may add this in later. It's a very good idea :)
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Maybe Patchou should use voice clips as alternative for the Emotion Sounds? :)

Patchou wouldn't use voice clips as custom sounds because it defeats the purpose. Custom sounds can be shared, marked with information, etc. But voice clips cannot. Voice clips also have lower quality.
RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-22-2006 at 07:19 PM

Voice Clip Sender has been updated! If you have it installed, you should be prompted to update soon.

The new version contains support for multiple Windows languages, many more sound files, and more. There are also various bugfixes. It is recommended that you update immediately.

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by Felu on 12-23-2006 at 02:49 AM

When Send Plus! Sounds in the menu is clicked., no sounds are displayed in the list although i have many. Here is the debug.

quote:
Error: Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\GlobalSettings\CustSounds\036831319C56\Name"..
       Line: 154. Code: -2147024894.

Am too sleepy atm [Image: msn_tongue.gif]. Will look @ the code and let you know the mistake after some time [Image: msn_wink.gif].

Nice script btw [Image: msn_happy.gif].
RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-23-2006 at 03:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
When Send Plus! Sounds in the menu is clicked., no sounds are displayed in the list although i have many. Here is the debug.
quote:
Error: Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\GlobalSettings\CustSounds\036831319C56\Name"..
       Line: 154. Code: -2147024894.

Am too sleepy atm [Image: msn_tongue.gif]. Will look @ the code and let you know the mistake after some time [Image: msn_wink.gif].

Nice script btw [Image: msn_happy.gif].

The error code translates to "The system cannot find the file specified." -- the registry key doesn't exist apparently. :P I will look at this tomorrow as well.
RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by CookieRevised on 12-23-2006 at 06:57 AM

PS: since you read sound ID from the registry, take in account that a user can have a private sound library instead of a public sound library.

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by Felu on 12-23-2006 at 07:35 AM

quote:
PS: since you read sound ID from the registry, take in account that a user can have a private sound library instead of a public sound library.
Here is a piece of code from Backup Extreme!
code:
try{
        SoundsPrivateDB = Shell.RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Patchou\\Messenger Plus! Live\\"+Messenger.MyEmail+"\\Preferences\\SoundsPrivateDB");
        if(SoundsPrivateDB == 1){
            CustomSoundsRegKey = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Patchou\\Messenger Plus! Live\\"+Messenger.MyEmail+"\\CustSounds";
        }else{
            CustomSoundsRegKey ="HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Patchou\\Messenger Plus! Live\\GlobalSettings\\CustSounds";
        }
    }catch(err){
            CustomSoundsRegKey ="HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Patchou\\Messenger Plus! Live\\GlobalSettings\\CustSounds";
}

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by jameslives on 12-23-2006 at 01:26 PM

is it supposed make voice clips record from the speaker output?
because whichever sound input device i choose no sound is heard

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-23-2006 at 02:47 PM

What available output devices to do have?

@ Felu / Cookie: I will incorporate Private Libraries :)

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by jameslives on 12-23-2006 at 03:17 PM

me?
i have phone line, microphone, line in, cd player, tv tuner audio, aux, SPDIF, stereo mix, mono mix in the list in the config

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-23-2006 at 03:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jameslives
me?
i have phone line, microphone, line in, cd player, tv tuner audio, aux, SPDIF, stereo mix, mono mix in the list in the config
Try Stereo Mix.

Script Database updated to the new version :)
RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by jameslives on 12-23-2006 at 03:47 PM

tried stereo mix
no sound is heard :(

sending files and plus sounds works fine too

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-23-2006 at 04:52 PM

Then what doesn't work? :P

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by jameslives on 12-23-2006 at 07:22 PM

i said this earlier:

it wasnt answered
if answer is yes then that doesnt work, if its no can you add it? lol

RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-23-2006 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jameslives
i said this earlier:

it wasnt answered
if answer is yes then that doesnt work, if its no can you add it? lol

When you send a voice clip, the chat window should start recording a voice clip, and the sound that you're sending should start to play. When the sound is finished the voice clip is sent with the sound that played.

It records from whatever input you select. Stereo Mix should record from the sound card/speakers.
RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by jameslives on 12-24-2006 at 10:51 AM

so it records output from the speakers?
i tried all of the input devices but none worked

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by Fuse on 12-24-2006 at 10:55 AM

great, but freezes on me sometimes.

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by ehbk2006 on 12-27-2006 at 10:11 PM

Hi,

I have this problem when I try to send an VC.

Translated:

This command could not be loaded or there are to less vars used.

Between the command and the first var, there always need to be one space. If the tekst should not be send as a command then remove one slash ( the character: "/") on the start of the sentence or a add another slash.

Specs:
Windowslive in En/Us
Msgpluslive in Dutch

Greetings me.

RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 12-27-2006 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ehbk2006
Hi,

I have this problem when I try to send an VC.

Translated:

This command could not be loaded or there are to less vars used.

Between the command and the first var, there always need to be one space. If the tekst should not be send as a command then remove one slash ( the character: "/") on the start of the sentence or a add another slash.

Specs:
Windowslive in En/Us
Msgpluslive in Dutch

Greetings me.

Take off the < and >. Just send "/vc 30 10". Also note that the maximum length is 15 seconds, and only half of that clip will be sent.
RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by ehbk2006 on 12-28-2006 at 02:18 PM

Ow, lol stupid me.

Thanks

RE: RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by CookieRevised on 12-29-2006 at 08:38 AM

quote:
Take off the < and >. Just send "/vc 30 10". Also note that the maximum length is 15 seconds, and only half of that clip will be sent.
This is a bug though.  It is always best to first validate parameters before processing them. In this case check if the parameters are between x and y. If not, they are invalid. And if they are invalid, show a msgbox or something.

PS/Tip: And that doesn't even require fancy code or whatever. Since you can show the standard Plus! 'invalid parameter' messagebox with a small trick: if you have determined the parameters are invalid or even missing, just return the command "/me" in the OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage function (or any other Plus! command which requires parameters) and you have a nice Plus! like (of course, it is Plus! :p) and local translated messagebox.

;)
RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by nothingbetter2do on 02-26-2007 at 11:25 PM

This doesnt work in vista 32bit with wlm 8.1 and msgplus 4.11 :(

it loads in but doesnt do anything when you try send the sound.

options doesnt work either

RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 02-26-2007 at 11:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nothingbetter2do

this is an error that I've seen here and there...I have a new version and will release it eventually. (it's not done yet)
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by Ace-_Ventura on 04-20-2007 at 05:45 PM

quote:
quote:

this is an error that I've seen here and there...I have a new version and will release it eventually. (it's not done yet)

almost 2 months ago. When will it be released?
RE: RE: RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by deAd on 04-20-2007 at 08:54 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry, I've been busy lately and working on other things, it probably won't be released for a while.
RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by Morpheus on 09-21-2007 at 07:55 PM

nice but sounds are not sent and options doesn't work :(

(N)(N)(N)(N)(N)

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by Morpheus on 09-22-2007 at 01:04 PM

anyone???? :$

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by Morpheus on 09-22-2007 at 01:22 PM

someone plz help i need that script to work badly +o( 

|-) :( :( :^)

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by Blue_Ninja0 on 05-16-2009 at 12:11 AM

Damn I needed this script badly too.

Is there any plans for you to continue working on it so that it works again?

Or at least, could someone tell me how can I manually set this script's options so that I can chose "What U Hear" without having to use the options menu (which does not work).

RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by ahmetgns on 05-23-2009 at 04:26 PM

I have just found this script and installed it. But there are some problems and suggestions if you still want to work on it (I don't think so though.)

1- When I select "Send Plus! Sound" from script's menu in the conversation window, the Send Plus! Sound window doesn't list the custom emotion sounds that I have in my sound library.
2- When I send a custom emotion sound from sound panel (with the related option is checked in script's options) the voice clip recorder starts but the sound isn't played in my computer so nothing is recorded hence nothing can be sent to the contact. The same bug occurs when using /vcplus command with a custom sound's identifier.
3- Suggestion: Specifying a path of a sound file for the /vc command as well as the current parameters <duration> and <delay>

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by V@no on 08-15-2009 at 08:20 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry, I've been busy lately and working on other things, it probably won't be released for a while.
Any progress?
RE: [Release] Voice Clip Sender by DepecheNYC on 11-07-2009 at 05:01 PM

Is there anyway to make files longer than 15 seconds to be clipped on the next version?