Shoutbox

longg longg time - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: longg longg time (/showthread.php?tid=69749)

longg longg time by dylan! on 12-20-2006 at 10:39 PM

lately(about 1-2weeks) wlm has been taking several minutes to sign in... litteraly like 10 minutes... I timed today and took 8 and a half minutes. I tried re-installing and I disabled all scripts and removed the ones I dont really use and still takes a long time. 2nd problem is my display picture, I used Change me! and now I cannot change my display picture, I open the box and it says the current one can't be used, please create a new one so I try and click ok but then it doesnt change and when I open it again its empty again and there are non in there. again I disabled all scripts and tried re-installing but its just broken:(

RE: longg longg time by Voldemort on 12-20-2006 at 10:48 PM

have you tried noroom's contact list manager to clean your lists?
it doesnt delete your contacts... it may speed up sign in...

RE: longg longg time by dylan! on 12-20-2006 at 11:14 PM

didnt help:undecided: still takes over 6 minutes:sad:

edit: been over 10 minutes and still not signed-in:sad:

*bump*

cmon'.... getting to be veryy longgg and any help+ suggestions greatly appreaciated

RE: longg longg time by Wast on 12-21-2006 at 11:21 PM

How many contacts do you have on your allow list, or, in general, your contact list?

RE: longg longg time by dylan! on 12-21-2006 at 11:51 PM

559 total(mobile,online,offline)

RE: longg longg time by duck! on 12-21-2006 at 11:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dylan!
That could be the problem =/
Do you acctually know all of them? Delete some of them (like 100) and try again, i only have 100 and it takes about 2 secs to sign in
RE: longg longg time by dylan! on 12-21-2006 at 11:54 PM

yes :sad:

RE: longg longg time by RebelSean on 12-22-2006 at 05:26 AM

I'm having the very same problem, but I only have around 300 contacts. It's strange. I rolled back to 8.0 and the problem went away, re-installed the latest 8.1 build and it came back. Something isn't right with it.

Dylan: When you actually get signed in, does it go as far as lagging your entire system? It's doing that for me.

RE: longg longg time by dylan! on 12-22-2006 at 05:30 AM

yes... and the first like 5-10 minutes while its signing in its so lagged I can't open firefox or anything else until I'm signed in:sad:  I delete some contacts I havent talked to in over 2-3 weeks and it got a little faster but not very noticably

edit: wlm version 8.0.0812.00
        mpl version 4.11.0.254

RE: longg longg time by Wast on 12-22-2006 at 09:50 AM

When signed on, hit Ctrl + Alt + Delete and check how many processes you're running- also the CPU Usage.

RE: RE: longg longg time by Fuse on 12-22-2006 at 11:19 AM

quote:

that's alot, more than normal. i think you should delete the ones you dont talk to that much BUT don't block them, that way they can still talk to you if they want.

also:

voldemort: where do you get norrom's contact list cleaner?
RE: longg longg time by Zahid™ on 12-22-2006 at 11:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fuse101

http://noroom.msnfanatic.com/listmanager/ Can't you use google? *-)
RE: longg longg time by RebelSean on 12-22-2006 at 04:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wast
When signed on, hit Ctrl + Alt + Delete and check how many processes you're running- also the CPU Usage.

I'm sure it's normal, as we both said, it's only happening when we try to sign-in to WLM.
RE: longg longg time by Voldemort on 12-22-2006 at 04:46 PM

Its been happening to me too lately, i will revert to 8.0 in a few mins.... it doesnt lag for me when connecting, but i can't have a convo open because it freeeezes

RE: RE: longg longg time by Fuse on 12-22-2006 at 05:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zahid™
quote:
Originally posted by Fuse101

http://noroom.msnfanatic.com/listmanager/ Can't you use google? *-)

what's goo - gle ? (A)

i tried but i could find it, thanks for the link.
RE: longg longg time by DarkMe on 12-22-2006 at 06:23 PM

Im on 8.1 and it only takes like 15 seconds to sign in.
I only have around 200 contacts
Although sometimes i sign in wlm freezes and sometimes crashes =/

RE: longg longg time by dylan! on 12-22-2006 at 08:01 PM

but I'm on 8.0 and its doing this... for all of you its 8.1... I am down to under 300 contacts and my cpu is at like 4% average and sometimes it goes to 100 for a couple seconds... and not many tasks:S

RE: longg longg time by Wast on 12-23-2006 at 12:24 PM

Quit some processes maybe? Make sure you know what you're doing though.

RE: longg longg time by dylan! on 12-23-2006 at 08:10 PM

humm it seems to be cured and doesnt take long at all...but I still have the dp problem:undecided:

RE: longg longg time by RebelSean on 12-23-2006 at 08:14 PM

quote:
humm it seems to be cured and doesnt take long at all...but I still have the dp problem:undecided:

I'm not sure if you've already tried this, but see if this helps any. It didn't for me. Click!
RE: longg longg time by CookieRevised on 12-23-2006 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
quote:

I'm not sure if you've already tried this, but see if this helps any. It didn't for me. Click!
Why linking to another forum which states in much less detail what has already been stated here a month earlier :P

CookieRevised's reply to Contacts problem
RE: longg longg time by RebelSean on 12-23-2006 at 08:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
quote:

Why linking to another forum which states in much less detail what has already been stated here a month earlier :P

CookieRevised's reply to Contacts problem

Because I didn't see that over here :p.
RE: longg longg time by Fuse on 12-23-2006 at 10:03 PM

sorry, i cant find the site but i can assure it did happen. all the registry or something were changed, there was a post that had the website on the thread i linked before but it seems to have vanished.