Shoutbox

* Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] (/showthread.php?tid=69754)

* Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by Chestah on 12-21-2006 at 01:08 AM

Wow i've had a big day! HSC results back and then i've been madly finishing this script all day for the deadline and its finally done!

Name: Stat Center (Statistics Center)

Version: 1.5.0 BETA (Released 27/05/2007 GMT+11)

Description: Stat Center essentially monitors and logs all your and your contacts activities on Windows Live Messenger. These statistics are saved to XML files split daily to ensure that performance and the user experience will not degrade over time through use. There are currently 4 categories of statistics that Stat Center will record - with the potential for much more in the future (feel free to suggest features :)).

Changes in v1.5.0 BETA:

Improved:
- MAJOR: Statistics files are now saved using the registry! This means no slow waiting times to view your contact's statistics and also means no noticable degredation in performance when normally using messenger! Essentially all past performance issues are solved.

Fixed:
-The version error message window title now matches the colour of messenger.
- Yahoo contacts are properly parsed when they are the 'other contacts' in a group conversation if a WLM account of the same email present exists.

Limitations:
- Statistics from past versions of Stat Center (non 1.5.x branch) will not be 'visible' in this beta version of 1.5.0. The statistics will not be deleted, they are just not processed in this temporary beta version.

----------------------

Download & Support: This Beta version is currently not supported in the MsgPlus Live Scripting Database. Please download it from the link at the bottom of this post.

----------------------

Here is a short description of each window which you can also see in each screenshot:

General Statistics: This is the default window that is shown when viewing contact statistics. It shows current information about the user and also provides basic statistics about their usage habits - such as time online, total signins and their status habits.
[Image: General.PNG]

Conversation Statistics: This category provides detailed information on data that your contacts have sent to you and data you have sent to them. When you're viewing your own statistics this area will show the total amounts of data send and received from all contacts, otherwise per-contact statistics will be shown.
[Image: Conversation.PNG]

Actions Statistics: This category provides information about actions that you and your contacts have taken regarding Display Names, Personal Messages and Media events. It records the total changes for each item and also the names of changed items. (Note: This screenshot is from when i was testing, hence this is why it says that i've played 21 songs and only a few are logged)
[Image: Actions.PNG]

Other Statistics: This category groups statistics that weren't large enough to be placed in their own individual window. When you're viewing your statistics privacy, personalized status and messenger lock statistics are shown. Otherwise just privacy information is shown.
[Image: Other.PNG]

Usage: Stat Center can be opened by clicking the Plus! icon in both the conversation and contact list window. You can directly go to your contact's statistics through the conversation window. Also the command "/showstats" can be used if you prefer to use the keyboard.

----------------------

Download & Support: This Beta version is currently not supported in the MsgPlus Live Scripting Database. Please download it from the link at the bottom of this post.

----------------------

*NOTE* Although i am nearly 100% certain there are no serious bugs or issues in this build to prevent anyone from using it, i cannot vouch for the performance and effect of this version on your computer.

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by DarkMe on 12-21-2006 at 01:22 AM

Good script (y)
its works very well
it wont be a bad option when right clicking over in the contact list to open the script with the selected contact :rolleyes:

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by foaly on 12-21-2006 at 01:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Wow i've had a big day! HSC results back and then i've been madly finishing this script all day for the deadline and its finally done!
aren't you a day too late?

anyway I don't really get the blocks info...
shouldn't that show if the contact was blocked?
and not a random other contact?

and you might want to remove the emailaddresses from those pictures...

but apart from that... nice script :)

edit:
my other page doesn't show the things it should...
[Image: 2ntwqwx.jpg]
RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by Voldemort on 12-21-2006 at 01:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
time zone?
oooo nice script :D
edit:
btw, contacts should be able to see their stats with !stats or something :P
their stats will be sent in the convo after !stats is writeen
RE: RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by alexp2_ad on 12-21-2006 at 01:28 AM

quote:
quote:

Presumably he submitted it in time, and waited for it to be added to the script db before posting it here.

Very nice script btw, I like it. :)
RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by prashker on 12-21-2006 at 01:32 AM

Wow, this is really good, :cheesy:!

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by MicroWay on 12-21-2006 at 01:32 AM

* MicroWay downloaded and is seing the script... Nice Work (Y) Thanks...

I think it's a bug: When I go to "Other" with my e-mail, it appears the boxes, when I change, it change too (that's normal)... but the problem is when I get back to my e-mail... it still don't change back... (sorry for my super-explanation)
Another is that my e-mail is not being "read" and the "simple info" (as Nick, PSM, DP) don't appear...
Sugestion... Maybe add the count of nudges sent/recieved too
;)

Edit: Using WLM 8.0....812 and Plus! 4.11

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by Chestah on 12-21-2006 at 02:21 AM

Thankyou everyone :D! I'm glad you all like it!! Keep the feature suggestions rolling! This is only a first version so theres alot still to come and functionality missing!! If you find a bug please send me an email to the address shown in the screenshots! Cheers :)

quote:
Originally posted by DarkMe
it wont be a bad option when right clicking over in the contact list to open the script with the selected contact 

Thankyou :)! Thats a very good idea, however its currently not possible with Plus!'s API. However, its a good suggestion to give to patchou for a future version.

quote:
edit:
my other page doesn't show the things it should...

That's how it's meant to be displayed when you are looking at another contact. It only shows the way it does in my screenshot when you are looking at your own statistics.

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
time zone?
oooo nice script
edit:
btw, contacts should be able to see their stats with !stats or something
their stats will be sent in the convo after !stats is writeen

Yep, the joy and confusion of time zones!! I thought initially this was due in 4 days ago, but thankfully Menthix cleared it up for me :P. Thanks for the feature suggestion!! Its a good idea :), i could even maybe create a way for multiple Stat Centers to communicate and share data... but that might be a bit too complex for now.

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
Presumably he submitted it in time, and waited for it to be added to the script db before posting it here.

Yep :P, plus i think i was coding for at least 12 hours in a row to get this as bug free as possible for release - i needed sleep!!

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
I think it's a bug: When I go to "Other" with my e-mail, it appears the boxes, when I change, it change too (that's normal)... but the problem is when I get back to my e-mail... it still don't change back... (sorry for my super-explanation)
Another is that my e-mail is not being "read" and the "simple info" (as Nick, PSM, DP) don't appear...
Sugestion... Maybe add the count of nudges sent/recieved too

I think i understand what you are getting at! The only two windows that are different depending on emails are conversation and other so there could be a weird issue with the saving of your actual statistics. Try restarting WLM and see if that works. I do know that to get the most up to information for yourself you will need to close and reopen the stats window whereas other contacts you just need to click their email again in the drop down list - its done like this for performance reasons.

Yeah, nudges are a good idea - the only problem is that the Plus! API doesn't currently support them! But as soon as Patchou adds them i will too :).

Thanks for the feedback, enjoy :)
RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by MattyRid on 12-21-2006 at 07:18 AM

Neat script there.

However I have noticed on my computer anyway...it's not making use of received stats for a contact regardless of who it is (And yes I did have a conversation with them).

here is a screenshot to prove it:
[Image: Stats%20Center%20(338%20x%20253).jpg]

This happens on all of might accounts that use it.

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by Chestah on 12-21-2006 at 10:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jexel
This is a bit offtopic but how did you go in your HSC Chestah? I managed to get 97.95, and got 93 for SDD though my programming skills are still at basic levels.

Kudos on the script and I've always expected something like this :)

However, don't you think it'll be rather messy when a new file is created for each contact for each day? Perhaps on a weekly basis might be better.

Wow congradulations Jexel!!! I got 97.70 UAI and 94/100 in software :) - i was amazed to get such a high UAI!!! haha you only just beat me ;).

Yeah it might be messy saving a file each day however trust me its worth it. I did alot of testing regarding methods of saving data and anything over a day starts to have noticable effects of the performance of Messenger. I wanted to save every contact in one file and use a little more RAM however that method caused about 6 seconds of lag on signin and signout only after a day of activity.

I was considering just using C# to multithread everything to get the best of both worlds however then the .Net framework would be a prerequisite and i didn't think Patchou would consider any scripts that needed it.

Congradulations again on the HSC - now its time to party :)

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by Q8Bond007 on 12-21-2006 at 04:31 PM

Is it possible to add a feature that logs DPs /changes for each contact?

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by Fuse on 12-21-2006 at 06:23 PM

amazing scirpt, but the appear offline count: does that only add + if the contact talks to you while appearing offline?

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by Cartox on 12-21-2006 at 06:37 PM

Thank you, fantastic script at first sight

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by John Anderton on 12-21-2006 at 08:00 PM

quote:
I was considering just using C# to multithread everything to get the best of both worlds however then the .Net framework would be a prerequisite and i didn't think Patchou would consider any scripts that needed it.
Yeah. May be you could add an option. Use the normal method or use a multi threaded dll if you have the .net framework ;)

The script looks really nice. But if i open "view statistics" it says loading and just waits until i click a user name :<
Why does it show my email address on the list? When do we start talking to ourselves? Even schizophrenics don't do that :(
Wow lot of disc space needed. Script startup expanded the folder size to 300 kb :-o
RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by foaly on 12-21-2006 at 08:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Wow lot of disc space needed. Script startup expanded the folder size to 300 kb
that would even fit on a 3.5" floppy...
so I wouldn't call that a lot off disc space...
RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by John Anderton on 12-21-2006 at 08:06 PM

quote:
that would even fit on a 3.5" floppy...
so I wouldn't call that a lot off disc space...
Oh wait. If you remove the file sizes of the script files, the accessory files are around 60kb at install. So that's more than most other scripts (which is what I meant :P)
RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by Chestah on 12-21-2006 at 09:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
The script looks really nice. But if i open "view statistics" it says loading and just waits until i click a user name
Why does it show my email address on the list? When do we start talking to ourselves? Even schizophrenics don't do that
Wow lot of disc space needed. Script startup expanded the folder size to 300 kb 

This is a known bug. You are in there because your email will contain different stats to all your contact's email addresses - mainly totals of everything - like messages you have recieved from ALL contacts. When it loads your information there seems to be a bug in certain conditions. I'll fix it soon :).
RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by absorbation on 12-21-2006 at 10:16 PM

Real nice script, I was going to create something like this myself, expect focus on the logging, users can customise what is logged etc. However I did not really care about displaying the data, I guess I intended to take the .xml file it created, and a script hosted by myself would process it.

The great thing about this script is it's professional. I am sick of seeing half done scripts made by people who are simply trying to win the contest, a script like this has been planned and coded well, it is a sure deserving winner of something, I'll even post about it for you on my website if you want :)

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by Chestah on 12-22-2006 at 09:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation

The great thing about this script is it's professional. I am sick of seeing half done scripts made by people who are simply trying to win the contest, a script like this has been planned and coded well, it is a sure deserving winner of something, I'll even post about it for you on my website if you want :)

Ohh thanks absorbation :)! After i coded the saving process i did sit down and spend a few hours planning out how i'd set the layout and stuff like that - its a pity that i ended up running out of time otherwise there would have been a few more features (and an options panel to turn ones off and on). But don't worry i'll do this soon... after Chrissie!!!

Feel free to mention this on your website - i'll start working now to see if i can find that bug a few people are having!!!

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by Chestah on 12-23-2006 at 12:33 AM

Just a little update.. all the bugs about your own statistics not showing have been fixed! Alot of other minor bugs have been fixed and i'm currently fixing up the last bug now before i'll submit it to the scripting database.

Unfortunately one of those bugs was to do with the update system so you'll have to manually download this update - last one you will have to do manually. :)

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by Eddie on 12-23-2006 at 08:47 AM

A small request for this, can you make it so when you see a contacts display picture you can click it and save the picture to your computer? :)

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by dekline on 12-23-2006 at 09:50 AM

Hey :>

It's a wonderful script!
But I have one question:

Can the script show me my own stats?

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by Eddie on 12-23-2006 at 09:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dekline
Hey :>

It's a wonderful script!
But I have one question:

Can the script show me my own stats?
That was another thing i was going to ask for, and whats with "Loading" when you click "Open Statistics"???
RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by M73A on 12-23-2006 at 11:25 AM

wowwwwwwwwwwwwww that is so cool!

* M73A downloads!

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by Chestah on 12-23-2006 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow
That was another thing i was going to ask for, and whats with "Loading" when you click "Open Statistics"???

You can see your own statistics - thats currently a bug - that has been fixed! I'm going to submit it to the database soon! I've just got to add Yahoo contacts compatability! :)

quote:
A small request for this, can you make it so when you see a contacts display picture you can click it and save the picture to your computer? 

Sure!! I'll add this soon, its just more important at the moment to get the next version out ASAP with all the bug fixes!!

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by MicroWay on 12-24-2006 at 07:11 AM

quote:
Just a little update.. all the bugs about your own statistics not showing have been fixed! Alot of other minor bugs have been fixed and i'm currently fixing up the last bug now before i'll submit it to the scripting database.

Unfortunately one of those bugs was to do with the update system so you'll have to manually download this update - last one you will have to do manually.
Thanks for the update!!! ;)

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by Eddie on 12-24-2006 at 09:40 AM

Cool Chestah! Happy to hear it :) Thanks and Merry Christmas (G)

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by RaPLeX on 12-24-2006 at 09:57 AM

Its works well. (Y)

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by Chestah on 12-25-2006 at 08:54 AM

Thanks guys!!! Sorry about the delay.. yeah christmas and the fact that i'm not handling yahoo contacts correctly has forced me to delay the release of the newer version. But don't worry - i plan to get it out tonight at all costs!

RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by Hank on 12-25-2006 at 08:58 AM

quote:
i plan to get it out tonight at all costs
never plan ahead chest, plans hardly go to plan :)
RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Chestah on 12-25-2006 at 09:22 PM

Announcing v1.0.4... which should fix all of the bugs everyone has been experiencing, add some small features and bring Stat Center in the loop with Yahoo! contacts!

The full change log is below:

--------------------

Version 1.0.4 (25/12/2006)

Added:

- Yahoo! Contacts support

Improved:

- Statistics center now focuses on the contact selection box on open
- Signed in contact is no longer at the top of the list and is now in the correct alphabetical order to make it easier for users to find their own statistics
- Contact drop down box in statistics has been made longer

Fixed:

- Statistics aren't shown for the currently signed in user (thanks CookieRevised)
- Loading window is loaded and shown too late and does not appear until the loading is finished
- The Auto Update feature was incorrectly setup and did not check for updates
- If the Statistics window is shown and the user clicks to show it again it does not appear
- Viewing statistics using the "view contact's statistics" option in a chat window does not update the currently selected user in the drop down list
- Clicking the "view contact's statistics" option in a chat window when the statistics window is already open does nothing
- Contacts using '{' or '}' in their names save incorrectly and cause loading errors when viewing statistics (Error fixed thanks to dt's update to PrefStore)

--------------------

Download: http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/245-Stat-Center/

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by CookieRevised on 12-29-2006 at 07:46 PM

Some stuff handling Yahoo contacts is not correctly or not needed though. eg:

code:
function signinUpdate() {
    (...)
    if(Contact.Network == 1) {
        var sprefs = new PrefStore(Contact.Email);
        sprefs.set('LastSignin', parseInt((new Date().getTime()) / 1000));
        sprefs.save();

if((checkYahoo(Contact.Email, Contacts) == true) && Contacts.GetContact('yahoo:' + Contact.Email).Status != 1) {
            var sprefs = new PrefStore('$YAHOO$' + Contact.Email);
            sprefs.save();
        }

} else {
    (...)

The red part isn't needed. The enumeration will already return all contacts, yahoo and msn ones, no matter if they have the same email or not.

You only need to check upon same contact emails if you get the email from a variable or whatever which does not differentiate between yahoo and msn contacts and need to get the contact using GetContact().

Using the enumaration or getting the email from a contact event will always either return all contacts, or return a prefixed email.

Which means that whole function can be reduced to:
code:
function signinUpdate() {
    //Current User
    myprefs.set('LastSignin', parseInt((new Date().getTime()) / 1000));

//Other Users
    for(var e = new Enumerator(Messenger.MyContacts); !e.atEnd(); e.moveNext()) {
        var Contact = e.item();
        if(Contact.Status !== 1 && (Contact.Email !== Messenger.MyEmail || Contact.Network === 2)) {
            var sprefs = new PrefStore((Contact.Network === 2 ? '$YAHOO$' : '') + Contact.Email);
            sprefs.save();
        }
    }
}
same stuff in OnEvent_Signout(), OnEvent_SigninReady and OnEvent_ChatWndCreated(), OnEvent_ChatWndContactAdded(), OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(), and maybe other places...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Some other stuff:

* PrefStore.js
- is responsible for the slowness of everything
- do not store email addresses as files if you don't must! use the MSN ID instead for this.

* OnEvent_Signout()
code:
if (Stat_Wnd != null) {
    Stat_Wnd.Close(1);
    Stat_Wnd = null;
}
Since you close the window and in the OnWndStatsEvent_Destroyed function you already set Stat_Wnd to null, you don't need it here. So this can be either:
    if (Stat_Wnd !== null) Stat_Wnd.Close(1);
or
    try{Stat_Wnd.Close(1)}catch( e){}

* OnEvent_ContactSignin()
You perform some same action in the if then else... so you can move to outside and after the if then else. And then you could do with only one replace function instead of the if then else too. And you don't need to change the email to perform action A, and then change it back to what it was to perform action B. Making that whole function just:
code:
function OnEvent_ContactSignin(Email) {
    var sprefs = new PrefStore(Email.replace("yahoo:", "$YAHOO$"));
    Pref_Increase(sprefs, 'Signin');
    Pref_Increase(sprefs, ('Status_' + Messenger.MyContacts.GetContact(Email).Status));
    Pref_Array(sprefs, 'DisplayNames', Format(Messenger.MyContacts.GetContact(Email).Name));
    Pref_Array(sprefs, 'PsmNames', Format(Messenger.MyContacts.GetContact(Email).PersonalMessage));
    sprefs.save();
}
same in OnEvent_ContactSignout() and maybe other places...

* OnEvent_MyStatusChange() can be reduced to only 1 line:
Pref_Increase(myprefs, "Status_" + NewStatus);
just like you did in OnEvent_ContactStatusChange (though you don't really need the parenthesis)

* OnEvent_SigninReady()
change
    if((Contact.Status != 1)
to
    if((Contact.Status > 1)
since Contact.Status may return 0 too.

* OnEvent_MyMediaChange()
change
    if((NewMedia != '') && (NewMedia != 'undefined') && (NewMedia != undefined))
to
    if(NewMedia !== '')
This goes in general to check upon a valid variable string. But in this particular function you don't even need to consider undefined since Plus! will always return a defined string anyways. Same for OnEvent_ContactMediaChange.

* OnEvent_ContactBlocked()
Yahoo contacts are stored with their email (without prefix) in the same ContactsBlocked counter as msn contacts, is this supposed to do that? A Yahoo mail is a different contact than a MSN contact (with the same email), so...

* OnEvent_ChatWndCreated() can be reduced to just:
code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndCreated(ChatWnd) {
    var i = ChatWnd.Contacts.Count;
    for(var e = new Enumerator(ChatWnd.Contacts); !e.atEnd(); e.moveNext()) {
        var Contact = e.item();
        var sprefs = new PrefStore((Contact.Network === 2 ? '$YAHOO$' : '') + Contact.Email);
        Pref_Increase(sprefs, "Conversations");
        if (i > 1) {
            Pref_Increase(sprefs, "GroupConversations");
        }
        sprefs.save();
    }
    Pref_Increase(myprefs, 'TotalConversations');
}
The same thing (use of ChatWnd.Contacts.Count) goes for OnEvent_ChatWndContactAdded.

* OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage
code:
//Words Received - TOTAL and per-contact
Pref_IncreaseBy(myprefs, "TotalWordsReceived", Message.split(" ").length);
Splitting by a space does not give a proper word count at all. eg: multiple spaces can be used, other bounderies as a space character can be used, etc... To count words in a line you must use a regular expression:
code:
//Words Received - TOTAL and per-contact
var Words = --('A ' + Message).match(/\w+/g).length;
Pref_IncreaseBy(myprefs, "TotalWordsReceived", Words);
Pref_IncreaseBy(sprefs, "WordsReceived", Words);
note that I put 'A ' in front of the message so that the array will never be null, but of course because this counts as a word you do length-1 (is the --)
(same issue in OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage)

In every switch case statement, you have:
    var sprefs = new PrefStore(Email);
So bring this in front of the switch, and change it too:
    var sprefs = new PrefStore(Email.replace('yahoo:', '$YAHOO$'));
so you don't need:
    if(Contact.Network == 2) {
        Debug.Trace("[External] The Message has been received from a Yahoo! contact");
        Email = "$YAHOO$" + Email;
    }

And remove every
    sprefs.save();
and put it after the switch.

All this also makes that you can put case 6 in front of case 1, but without a break since it mostly requires the same actions:
code:
case 6:               
    //OFFLINE MESSAGE STATISTICS               
    Pref_Increase(myprefs, "TotalOfflineMessagesReceived");
    Pref_Increase(sprefs, "OfflineMessagesReceived");
    //NORMAL CASE 1 STATISTICS FOLLOW
case 1:
    //Total messages Received
    (...)
    break;

code:
for(i=0; i < otherContacts.length; i++) {
    if(Contacts.GetContact(otherContacts[ i]).Network == 1) {
        (....)
        if(checkYahoo(otherContacts[ i], Contacts) == true) {
        }
    } else {
        (....)
    }
}
All this isn't needed and will actually produce wrong results. Not only do the things apply in the first section of this post, the emails in array otherContacts come from an enumeration and thus already contain the proper yahoo prefix in case of a yahoo contact. Which makes that all those checks can be reduced to simply:
code:
for (var i in otherContacts) {
    var sprefs = new PrefStore(otherContacts[ i].replace('yahoo:', '$YAHOO$'));
    Pref_Increase(sprefs, "WinksSent");
    sprefs.save();
}

* OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage()
change
    if (Message == "/showstats")
to
    if (Message.toLowerCase() === "/showstats")
or even better:
    if (/^\/showstats(?:\s+[\s\S]*|$)/i.exec(Message) !== null)
which also will result in true if the user has added some parameters

Shouldn't this:
    Load_Contact(Contact.Email);
be:
    Load_Contact((Contact.Network === 2 ? '$YAHOO$' : '') + Contact.Email);
? And same issue with:
    Load_WndStats(Contact.Email);
This has further implications for the actual Load_Contact(), Load_WndStats() and possible other similar functions (I've not checked WndStats.js yet).

And this also means that Combo_Contacts[i] === Contact.Email in:
code:
for(var i in Combo_Contacts) {
    if (Combo_Contacts[i] === Contact.Email) {
        Stat_Wnd.Combo_SetCurSel('cboContact', i);
        break;
    }
}
isn't yahoo compatible, since you don't check upon the network

Change:
    Interop.Call('User32', 'BringWindowToTop', Stat_Wnd.Handle);
    Interop.Call('User32', 'ShowWindow', Stat_Wnd.Handle, 1);
to
    Interop.Call('User32', 'SetForegroundWindow', Stat_Wnd.Handle);

* in general, thus in some places, you use:
    if(cContact.Email !== Messenger.MyEmail)
to check if the email isn't the user's email. This should be:
    if(cContact.Email !== Messenger.MyEmail || cContact.Network === 2)
because a Yahoo contact can have the same email address as the user's email, yet is a valid contact and not the user.

* function OnEvent_MessengerLocked()
Messenger.MyEmail isn't always defined when this event is called (eg: one can lock messenger without being singed in)

I didn't checked everything in detail and not all files, so there might be more things like all this in other places. But this is already a lot to fix though, I think  ;)
RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Nathan on 12-29-2006 at 07:53 PM

I've got a request
- i'd like to be addded in the bout box with this one though as its quite a good on :refuck:

Ok:
If you have chat logs you can order it by size so you could have a feature which is like this:
Most talked to contact this month: email@gmail.com
etc..
Hope you like the idea (y)

RE: RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by CookieRevised on 12-29-2006 at 07:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
If you have chat logs you can order it by size so you could have a feature which is like this:
Most talked to contact this month: email@gmail.com
etc..
I wouldn't called it "most talked" because size doesn't say everything... I can paste some big text (eg: code) to someone in a few lines, yet talk to another one for a day and still not surpassing the size of the log of the first contact.

It would just be "largest sized log", not "most talked to"...

;)
RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Nathan on 12-29-2006 at 08:06 PM

Yeah like we talked about on wlm :P

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Jimbo on 12-29-2006 at 08:43 PM

Request

When you right click on any contact, it has an option that says "View statistics" or something like that.

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by CookieRevised on 12-29-2006 at 09:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
Request
When you right click on any contact, it has an option that says "View statistics" or something like that.
Plus! does not provide a way to add something to the right click context menu in the contactlist window.

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Chestah on 12-29-2006 at 11:53 PM

Thanks for that indepth post Cookie :) - i suspected as much that Yahoo! support wouldn't be 'flawless'/optimised in my first implementation.

I'll look into your suggestions straight away - its always good to have another developer look at your code to find those errors that the main developer has overlooked or simply are not aware of other ways - so thankyou :).

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
Request

Cookie is completely correct - Plus! has no API or method to allow me to easily do this. It would be a great feature though and a suggestion for the Plus! scripting system.
RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by MattyRid on 12-30-2006 at 12:14 AM

Chestah....not trying to be so mean or degrading of your script, which I think has been a brilliant idea, but I still don't seem to have the received stats working for any of my contacts. It still seems to do the same thing as the screenshot I posted earlier in the thread. Just maybe checking if it might be something I did wrong in the updating of your script or it might be a problem with the script or something? (You know what I mean :P)

Note: It's for other contacts, not my own

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Chestah on 12-30-2006 at 12:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
Chestah....not trying to be so mean or degrading of your script, which I think has been a brilliant idea, but I still don't seem to have the received stats working for any of my contacts. It still seems to do the same thing as the screenshot I posted earlier in the thread. Just maybe checking if it might be something I did wrong in the updating of your script or it might be a problem with the script or something? (You know what I mean :P)

Note: It's for other contacts, not my own

No its fine :). I had a look before i released 1.0.4 and couldn't see anything wrong. I'll have another look at it today and see if i can fix it, if i can't see anything that could be causing a problem would it be okay if i could get your WLM and we can work through this together?
RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by roflmao456 on 12-30-2006 at 04:28 AM

mines still gets stuck on Loading... when i goto Plus! icon > Stat Center > view statistics

it just stays on loading and nothing happens!

EDIT: this happens too!

screenshot: [Image: sserroroy6.png]

WTF??

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Chestah on 12-30-2006 at 06:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
mines still gets stuck on Loading... when i goto Plus! icon > Stat Center > view statistics

it just stays on loading and nothing happens!

EDIT: this happens too!

screenshot: <snip>

WTF??

A) Are you using the latest version of Stat Center?

B) If not then please update to the latest version

C) If you are already using the latest version then please delete Stat Center, go to the plus! directory and make sure all the files for my script (in the '/Scripts/Stat Center' directory) are deleted. Then re-download my script and install. It should work.

Please report back on whether this works, there was a bug with how some names were saved in the old version that caused errors loading files.. i'm guessing this happened to you.. it doesn't happen in the latest version, however the error has occured in an old file the new version will still have an error processing it.

---------------

On another note, MattyRid's problem is solved. He was using Messenger Discovery Live with a Chat only nickname. I have fixed this bug/limitation as much as i can and it will now work in single conversations :).

---------------

Also, i'm about 80% through making the changes Cookie has suggested and generally optimising the script! Thanks Cookie once again!
RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by warmth on 01-02-2007 at 05:43 PM

I think there is a problem here, look at my attached pic...

My info is this:

StuffPlug Version 3.0.249
MsgPlus Version 4.11.0.254
Windows Live Messenger Version 8.1.0168.00
Operating System Windows XP

What I did is this: I opened my contact windows... Clicked the MP!L icon and then I press the Stat center menu and "view stats" then the stats window pops up and loading appeared... after wait for few minutes I decided to press general tab and then I saw that the loading never dissapered... I pressed the other tabs and same thing happened... I changed of contact in the contact select of the stats windows and then the loading dissapered...

Suggestions: first check why never finish loading... and then block the tabs until all get loaded...

I hope this helps...

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Chestah on 01-03-2007 at 09:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
Suggestions: first check why never finish loading... and then block the tabs until all get loaded...

All the tabs shouldn't load until the loading message is disappeared. So for starters theres a problem there!

Does the statistics information show in any other tabs? i.e. is it just the 'Other' tab where they aren't being shown correctly?

Does it only happen for the signed in user. i.e. your email?

It seems your problem is similiar to roflmao456.

Can you try the steps i outlined in my previous post please. (Mainly in deleting the script and making sure no stat files exist)

RE: RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by warmth on 01-03-2007 at 11:50 AM

quote:
Does the statistics information show in any other tabs? i.e. is it just the 'Other' tab where they aren't being shown correctly?

As I told you mate... I went first to the 'Other' tab and then to the others and never the 'Loading' word dissapered but the stats are there...

quote:
Does it only happen for the signed in user. i.e. your email?

Yes, This only happens to me, when I access directly to my stats from the Plus! icon in the Contact windows...

quote:
Can you try the steps i outlined in my previous post please. (Mainly in deleting the script and making sure no stat files exist)

Yes, I can try it out, but I don't wanna lose my stats... is there other way??? or no??? if you say no... I will do it... :^)
RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Chestah on 01-03-2007 at 12:46 PM

quote:
Yes, This only happens to me, when I access directly to my stats from the Plus! icon in the Contact windows...

Does it only happen if you access your stats from the Plus! icon in the Contact window? If it doesn't happen when you open it via the Plus! icon in the main window then don't bother about deleting your stats as it might be a simple problem i can fix.

Otherwise, sorry :(, deleting your stats may be the only way i can find out what i need to fix this bug. At the moment i'm thinking its a bug that occured in the first version and even though you are using the latest version now your stat files need to be deleted before the problem will go away.

Hopefully although we won't have to :),

thanks for your help so far!
Stat Center bug by T-PO on 01-05-2007 at 09:03 AM

Hello,

I could not find another place to report a bug I found in a script, so I post my bugreport here. If I have to report this somewhere else please move this thread....

I found 2 bugs in the (VERY) usefull script Stat Center v1.0.4.

1. In the StatCenter Statistics Overview you can view the Last Signed In status of a contact. The information shown here is not correct. It shows f.i. : Last Signed In: Vrijdag 7 januari 2018 (dutch), which seems wrong to me....;).
Some contacts are correct, some are wrong all showing wrong years...

I don't know how to post a screenshot, so I cannot do that....

2. When starting up the Stat Center Statistics overview it starts to show the information related to my self. However, it says "Loading" and doesn't stop saying this... You still can click the other catagories (showing information) but the "loading" picture still shows....

Can you please have a look at this, because I like this script very much...

Regards,

T-PO

RE: Stat Center bug by Spunky on 01-05-2007 at 10:35 AM

The "Stat Center" thread can be found here and I've reported this thread for merging ;)

This Page may be useful to you

RE: Stat Center bug by Matti on 01-05-2007 at 10:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by T-PO
I don't know how to post a screenshot, so I cannot do that....
A screenshot could possibly help here, so here's a step-by-step guide:
  1. Set the window you want to make a screenshot of as your foreground window. (above all others)
  2. Press Alt + Prt Scr (Prt Scr or something like "Print Screen" can be found next to your Scroll Lock button)
  3. Open Paint. (or another simple image editor)
  4. Paste. (Ctrl + V or Edit > Paste)
  5. Save the image.
  6. Make or edit your post on this forum.
  7. Where it says "Attachment:", browse to your saved image and click "Open".
  8. Submit your post. ;)
EDIT: Ah, there are already screenshots in the official thread... thanks SpunkyLoveMuff. :P
RE: Stat Center bug by Chestah on 01-05-2007 at 11:54 AM

Hello T-PO, i'm the developer of Stat Center and firstly i'd like to say thanks for your post! I need to get these few minor bugs fixed :).

As for the last time online bug - i'm very aware of this bug as in my latest copy on my computer its showing times up to 2050 ;). Hopefully i'll have this bug fixed by tomorrow! Just to help me a little, whilst using Stat Center have you been online past midnight (ie you've been online starting in one day and then staying online to the start of the next day)? Are the contacts that are reporting incorrect times ones that have been online also during this cross over period?

quote:
Originally posted by T-PO
2. When starting up the Stat Center Statistics overview it starts to show the information related to my self. However, it says "Loading" and doesn't stop saying this... You still can click the other catagories (showing information) but the "loading" picture still shows....

Did you use the first release version of Stat Center or have you started with 1.0.4? If you used the previous version and had this problem then please follow the instructions i've written in this post: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=69...d=770799#pid770799 . There was a problem in the first version whereby the use of brackets '{}' would cause errors in loading stat files. This is fixed in 1.0.4 but if you have files that were 'corrupted' in the initial version of Stat Center they will still cause problems in 1.0.4.

If v1.0.4 is the first version you've installed can you please send me an email at chestah[aaaaat]g mail.com with details on how i can contact you (WLM is preferable) and also the times that are best for you (including a timezone would be good!!).

Thanks for your support with the script, once i get these few bugs fixed i'll be looking into adding more features - theres definitely alot more things i can implement that i didn't get time to do before the scripting competition ended!! :)
RE: RE: Stat Center bug by T-PO on 01-05-2007 at 10:34 PM

quote:
Hello T-PO, i'm the developer of Stat Center and firstly i'd like to say thanks for your post! I need to get these few minor bugs fixed :).

As for the last time online bug - i'm very aware of this bug as in my latest copy on my computer its showing times up to 2050 ;). Hopefully i'll have this bug fixed by tomorrow! Just to help me a little, whilst using Stat Center have you been online past midnight (ie you've been online starting in one day and then staying online to the start of the next day)? Are the contacts that are reporting incorrect times ones that have been online also during this cross over period?

Due to 2 little kids I have not been staying online past midnight lately....

quote:
Did you use the first release version of Stat Center or have you started with 1.0.4? If you used the previous version and had this problem then please follow the instructions i've written in this post: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=69...d=770799#pid770799 . There was a problem in the first version whereby the use of brackets '{}' would cause errors in loading stat files. This is fixed in 1.0.4 but if you have files that were 'corrupted' in the initial version of Stat Center they will still cause problems in 1.0.4.

v1.0.4 is my first version....

quote:
If v1.0.4 is the first version you've installed can you please send me an email at chestah[aaaaat]g mail.com with details on how i can contact you (WLM is preferable) and also the times that are best for you (including a timezone would be good!!).

Thanks for your support with the script, once i get these few bugs fixed i'll be looking into adding more features - theres definitely alot more things i can implement that i didn't get time to do before the scripting competition ended!! :)

I love to support you with this script.... I will send you my details...

Regards,

T-PO
RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Chestah on 01-05-2007 at 11:40 PM

Ok, the 'Last Signin' bug has been fixed. Once i fix the other one i'll release an update through this thread and auto-update. :)

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by P4R4D0x on 01-06-2007 at 08:45 AM

Stat Center keeps freezing my Messenger every 30 seconds for about 10 seconds, this has only started occurring recently. Why would this be?

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Chestah on 01-06-2007 at 11:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by P4R4D0x
Stat Center keeps freezing my Messenger every 30 seconds for about 10 seconds, this has only started occurring recently. Why would this be?

Are you positive this is Stat Center? I really can't see how this could be occuring due to Stat Center's fault. The statistics are saved into daily files to prevent this 'freezing' from happening. No freezing or lagging should be occuring and even if a little happens it would have to be at the end of the day - and you would have had to talk alot in that day!

When Stat Center is disabled does this 'freezing' still occur? The only thing that you might experience, is that over time when you click to view your stats it might take a little longer to load - this is why a 'loading...' message appears. If after disabling Stat Center you aren't experiencing any lag then please email me your WLM contact details to chestah @at@ gmail. com.

In a future version (potentially v2) theres a high chance that the way statistics are saved will be completely rewritten for further performance. But note that performance for a year from now should still be the same as the first day you install Stat Center (when you are just talking normally).
RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Eddie on 01-06-2007 at 12:07 PM

quote:
Have you installed any other add-ons or scripts recently?? (following on from Chestah)
RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by psycho_maniac on 01-06-2007 at 05:47 PM

its stat center. i disabled EVERY script and enabled them one at at ime and looked at the cpu of msn messenger each time i enabled one.............i got to stat center and booooooooom 99% cpu for msn messenger and i will always have stat center disabled until this bug is fixed. i hope its fixed soon.

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Chestah on 01-06-2007 at 10:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by psycho_maniac
its stat center. i disabled EVERY script and enabled them one at at ime and looked at the cpu of msn messenger each time i enabled one.............i got to stat center and booooooooom 99% cpu for msn messenger and i will always have stat center disabled until this bug is fixed. i hope its fixed soon.

That is very strange, however it still doesn't explain the 10 second lag every 30 seconds. Theres no function in Stat Center that runs every 30 seconds... infact theres only one repetitive function and that only occurs at midnight.. once a day and doesnt' do anything CPU intensive.

When you enable Stat Center it does save a few things to all your online contacts. It shouldn't use up 99% of CPU. How many contacts do you typically have online at one time? What are your computer's configuration (ie. CPU etc)? Can you please type (!VER) in a conversation window and paste the results here! Also what version of Stat Center are you running?

The CPU Usage should go down to nothing after a few seconds anyways if it is Stat Center causing it. After this point you shouldn't notice it again.

What other scripts do you have running? There could be a possible conflict.. although i doubt it.

Thanks for your report! I'll look into it, but without indepth information i mightn't beable to do much until the next major version.
RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by P4R4D0x on 01-07-2007 at 12:01 AM

I just enabled it again and it's stopped freezing yet, now i'm having the loading screen problem? (with 1.0.4)

Also, it says that one of my friends total online time is longer than it says for me (324455.70 hours/68.14 hours). How could this happen?

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Eddie on 01-07-2007 at 03:20 AM

Firstly, whilst using stats center (as in having the window open), my messenger does lag on opening and closing windows :S...

Secondly, last time i checked it was 2007 not 2561...or have i missed something here :S and i have signed on a helluva lot of times since the 13th of december :(
[Image: 2561lolvm8.jpg]

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Voldemort on 01-07-2007 at 03:59 AM

same as shadow's...
online time seems to be wrong with some contacts too =/
[Image: attachment.php?pid=775350]

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Eddie on 01-07-2007 at 08:11 AM

And i would also like to suggest that with "Time Online: x.xx minutes" that be changed to "Time Online: x Hour(s) and xx Minutes". Because as stupid as it sounds when i first saw it i didnt understand it :$.

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by warmth on 01-07-2007 at 02:46 PM

me either...

RE: RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by psycho_maniac on 01-08-2007 at 12:14 AM

quote:
quote:

That is very strange, however it still doesn't explain the 10 second lag every 30 seconds. Theres no function in Stat Center that runs every 30 seconds... infact theres only one repetitive function and that only occurs at midnight.. once a day and doesnt' do anything CPU intensive.

When you enable Stat Center it does save a few things to all your online contacts. It shouldn't use up 99% of CPU. How many contacts do you typically have online at one time? What are your computer's configuration (ie. CPU etc)? Can you please type (!VER) in a conversation window and paste the results here! Also what version of Stat Center are you running?

The CPU Usage should go down to nothing after a few seconds anyways if it is Stat Center causing it. After this point you shouldn't notice it again.

What other scripts do you have running? There could be a possible conflict.. although i doubt it.

Thanks for your report! I'll look into it, but without indepth information i mightn't beable to do much until the next major version.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.01.0168
Messenger Plus! Live 4.11.0.254
1gig ram, 1.7ghz processor
i usually have about 10-20 contacts online.

you want my whole list of scripts?
babelfish translator
computer details
count down
email tooltip
find links
google utilties
group conversation warning
hopperlive
linked chats
now playing
offline protector
pie block
quick contact adder
reduceMEM
sendto
--stat center (disabled)
--toast message (disabled)

im pretty sure its not another script because i enabled it with every other script disabled and it my messenger froze.

nobody else is getting this problem besides me and another person?

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Chestah on 01-08-2007 at 01:00 AM

quote:
Firstly, whilst using stats center (as in having the window open), my messenger does lag on opening and closing windows :S...

Secondly, last time i checked it was 2007 not 2561...or have i missed something here :S and i have signed on a helluva lot of times since the 13th of december :(
[Image: 2561lolvm8.jpg]

hmm okay guys well i'm going to have to recode how it saves data but i'll fix the existing bugs first before i do that. I'm curious as to what the specs of your computer are? Because when you open a chat window i only save one piece of data..

EDIT: Also i normally have around 50-60 contacts online at one time and i'm normally online for at least 6+ hours a day (remember stat files are saved daily so you should experience nill lag at the start of the day and really.. none at all through the rest of the day) and i experience NO lag. I have 1gig ram and a 3200+ AMD 64bit processor.

Also guys learn to read the thread before posting known and fixed bugs - lookie lookie :P:

quote:
Ok, the 'Last Signin' bug has been fixed. Once i fix the other one i'll release an update through this thread and auto-update. :)

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Voldemort on 01-08-2007 at 01:03 AM

quote:
I'm curious as to what the specs of your computer are?
Hm.
Win Xp home sp2 with p4 3ghz and 512 ram...
RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Lou on 01-08-2007 at 01:12 AM

heh, I've just downloaded it, I'll install it in a second. One suggestion though, for the Conversation Statistics page, there should also be characters without spaces listed there, as that's interesting to know as well (there's with spaces, but not without). MS word has that feature (characters (including spaces) and characters (excluding spaces)).

More on this later maybe :) Good job(Y)

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Chestah on 01-08-2007 at 01:34 AM

-----

For the people experience lag, do you have developer debugging tools for scripts activated? If so this is most likely the reason for the lag you are experiencing! This mode should not be enabled for normal use and only for developer debugging purposes!!!

-----

quote:
Win Xp home sp2 with p4 3ghz and 512 ram...

Well there shouldn't be a problem there! Have you disabled all your other scripts, restarted WLM and tried it again? It looks like i'll be talking to Cookie soon before i start recoding how it saves to make sure i get everything done optimally :).

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou

heh, I've just downloaded it, I'll install it in a second. One suggestion though, for the Conversation Statistics page, there should also be characters without spaces listed there, as that's interesting to know as well (there's with spaces, but not without). MS word has that feature (characters (including spaces) and characters (excluding spaces)).

More on this later maybe  Good job

haha thanks for the support :P, i haven't had much time at all lately - too many things have been happening so its been hard to find time to fix all these small bugs!

Anyways heres the latest code base i have on my computer. Hopefully it will fix the issues you are experiencing. This should be considered a beta release.. not because its buggy (it should be less buggy then 1.0.4 but because i'm not releasing it to everyone yet).

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by psycho_maniac on 01-08-2007 at 12:33 PM

i installed the newest version and do not notice the lag. although i haven't fully tested it yet because i dont have anybody online as its very early in the morning.

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by P4R4D0x on 01-08-2007 at 12:34 PM

This fixed the loading problem too..

"[Beta] Stat Center had difficulty loading the data for this statistic. Please email chestah@gmail.com with your stat files zipped (located in the Msgplus Live! installation folder, then in the scripts directory under 'Stat Center', then it will be contained in the directory named as your email). Thankyou." - This comes up in display name also, is thsi just a problem with the new beta or should I follow the instructions?

Still doesn't fix the incorrect online times...any suggestions on this?
If this is something that just happens, maybe a reset option for individual contacts maybe in order.

RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by Chestah on 01-08-2007 at 01:05 PM

quote:
i installed the newest version and do not notice the lag. although i haven't fully tested it yet because i dont have anybody online as its very early in the morning.

Ohh thats a good sign - thankyou :). I haven't changed too many things to do with speed yet so it would be excellent if you could keep an eye on this for me!! Also make sure you have 'developer debugging tools' disabled!

quote:
This fixed the loading problem too..

"[Beta] Stat Center had difficulty loading the data for this statistic. Please email chestah@gmail.com with your stat files zipped (located in the Msgplus Live! installation folder, then in the scripts directory under 'Stat Center', then it will be contained in the directory named as your email). Thankyou." - This comes up in display name also, is thsi just a problem with the new beta or should I follow the instructions?

More good news! But its really only a temporary fix. If Stat Center can't load data from a statistic it will display that message. If it displays for you then please do follow the instructions it says!! It will help me permantly fix the problem :).

quote:
Still doesn't fix the incorrect online times...any suggestions on this?
If this is something that just happens, maybe a reset option for individual contacts maybe in order.

Which time thing? Total minutes signed in currently or the last time signed in (which should be fixed)?
RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system by warmth on 01-08-2007 at 11:27 PM

mate if check this out... if you enter to you stats... and then see one by one your stats tabs... than you change the user to one of your contacts leaving the "other" tab checked the info doesn't change... keep showing your stats... so you click other tab and the stats of your contac is displayed... why??? Is this a bug???

Note: I am using your last release (beta)... *-)

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by Chestah on 01-09-2007 at 09:36 AM

quote:
mate if check this out... if you enter to you stats... and then see one by one your stats tabs... than you change the user to one of your contacts leaving the "other" tab checked the info doesn't change... keep showing your stats... so you click other tab and the stats of your contac is displayed... why??? Is this a bug???

Note: I am using your last release (beta)... *-)

Thanks for alerting that bug to my attention. It has now been fixed in v1.1.1.

Version 1.1.1 is an official release and i've updated the first post with information on the changes in this version. Auto-update has also been enabled so you should start to see messages appearing about updating to the new version. Thanks to everyone who has helped me spot problems - please keep it up :).

--------------------

Download: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=767021 (Hasn't been updated in the scripting database yet)
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by prashker on 01-09-2007 at 12:31 PM

Thanks for the update :)

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by Zahid™ on 01-09-2007 at 04:08 PM

Great script (y), but it doesn't record that the user is online if the person signs in on a mobile. Maybe you should add it to the statuses bit.

RE: RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by warmth on 01-09-2007 at 04:55 PM

quote:
Thanks for alerting that bug to my attention. It has now been fixed in v1.1.1.

Version 1.1.1 is an official release and i've updated the first post with information on the changes in this version. Auto-update has also been enabled so you should start to see messages appearing about updating to the new version. Thanks to everyone who has helped me spot problems - please keep it up :).

--------------------

Download: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=767021 (Hasn't been updated in the scripting database yet)

Your welcome mate... I will tell you if updating this without erase the previous one makes some problem...

I think I found the first bug... sorry about that jajaja 8-|... The script said that I don't have PM but I actually do...

I signed in automatically at my pc starts, then open my wlm, installed your update over the previous beta release, then I used your script clicking the MP!L icon in the contacts window... and it automatically were to my stats... all is ok but my PM is not there... :|
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by Chestah on 01-09-2007 at 09:33 PM

quote:
I think I found the first bug... sorry about that jajaja ... The script said that I don't have PM but I actually do...

I just checked up the code i use for that and i can't see any way that it would cause a discrepancy. Try deleting your PSM and then adding it back again - it could be a Plus! bug.
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by Lou on 01-09-2007 at 10:05 PM

May I suggest you add a close button? Although the x is already there, it is probably more user friendly to have an actual close button on panel itself:) So far, so good!

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by Eddie on 01-10-2007 at 12:40 AM

Can i make a couple of suggestions...i was just browsing through after the update and am still to find a bug, but there are a couple of things that i think could be better...
[Image: wohmt6.jpg]

In the picture you can see that they have a HUGE time online, and i would like to suggest that when it gets to 24 hours or something similar it automatically changes to x Day(s) and x Hour(s) or have both *shrug*, basically like i suggested for something else if thats possible *-)

Also could i bring up my DP Click and Save suggestion that you said you would do (A) sorry. Job well done though :)

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by Supersonicdarky on 01-10-2007 at 01:55 AM

3 suggestions:

- have a button "export to html" or txt
- have it say "recording statistics since...
- add time to the actions tab "12:12 10/10/10" (column?)

bug:
in actions tab, intead of line breaks it has the random square symbol

[Image: stuffs.jpg]

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by Chestah on 01-10-2007 at 04:49 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'm going to implement every suggestion you've suggested so far in this thread :). I was just making sure i've got all the bugs fixed first and it seems like i've got 99% of them so from now on progress will be made on some new features!

Other than whats already been suggested, who would like to see Display Picture logging and an options panel? :P

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by prashker on 01-10-2007 at 12:42 PM

quote:
Other than whats already been suggested, who would like to see Display Picture logging and an options panel?

Me :p
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by Chestah on 01-12-2007 at 12:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam

Me :P 

haha sweet :P. Well i'll do that for you SonicSam ;).

Also, someone has found a bug in v1.1.1 so i'll be fixing that very very soon and releasing an update.

+ I was thinking about making Stat Center multilingual, what is everyones ideas on that? and if so who could translate and what languages could they translate for?
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by prashker on 01-12-2007 at 12:05 AM

quote:
quote:

Me :P 
haha sweet :P. Well i'll do that for you SonicSam ;).

<3.
quote:
I was thinking about making Stat Center multilingual, what is everyones ideas on that?

Well, for others that don't use english or it's not their primary language I think it would be good (y)
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by warmth on 01-12-2007 at 12:06 AM

Nice shoot (made by me jajajaja :))... Spanish and I will do it!!!

RE: RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by snAke_LeAder on 01-12-2007 at 12:20 AM

quote:

+ I was thinking about making Stat Center multilingual, what is everyones ideas on that? and if so who could translate and what languages could they translate for?

i can do german (H)
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by Chestah on 01-12-2007 at 12:27 AM

Oh sweet! Thanks guys! I'll be talking to dt later tonight about his translator class :)

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by Voldemort on 01-12-2007 at 12:37 AM

quote:
nd if so who could translate and what languages could they translate for?
I can do spanish... its my native language, i speak it nicely
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by Eddie on 01-12-2007 at 03:57 AM

[Image: blocksdc9.jpg]
May i ask why there are two "Total Blocks: x"??

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by Chestah on 01-12-2007 at 03:59 AM

quote:
[Image: blocksdc9.jpg]
May i ask why there are two "Total Blocks: x"??

There shouldn't be. But this was a bug in an earlier version. What version are you using? Version 1.1.1 is the latest!

Edit: Oops seemed i forgot to fix it for contacts other than yourself (they use a different interface file). Version 1.1.2 will be out soon :P
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by Eddie on 01-12-2007 at 04:11 AM

Im using Version 1.1.1 ;)
[Image: v11ba8.jpg]

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by prashker on 01-12-2007 at 04:45 AM

quote:
Im using Version 1.1.1 ;)

quote:
Edit: Oops seemed i forgot to fix it for contacts other than yourself (they use a different interface file). Version 1.1.2 will be out soon (Smilie)

:p.

Also, my name is there :cheesy:

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by SimonHodgkiss on 01-12-2007 at 12:16 PM

- Ideas for new features -

Emoticon counter - (Total Emoticons Sent & Total Emoticons Received)

Another Page Displaying The Information Listed Below

Top 5 OR Top 10 Contacts - (Optional for user can pick between displaying top 5 contacts or top 10 contacts)

Top [5] / [10] - Online Users
Top [5] / [10] - Most Messages Received From
Top [5] / [10] - Most Messages Sent To
Top [5] / [10] - Most Display Name Changes
Top [5] / [10] - Most Personal Message Changes
Top [5] / [10] - Most Media Changes

Feel free to submit your own ideas of other "Top [5] / [10]" stats that could be added to this page.

Hope you like my idea, Thanks Simon

RE: RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by warmth on 01-12-2007 at 12:47 PM

quote:

Hey I didn't know that I was in the about... :o

Thanks for that Chestah!!! (H)
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by Eddie on 01-12-2007 at 12:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SimonHodgkiss
- Ideas for new features -

Top 5 OR Top 10 Contacts - (Optional for user can pick between displaying top 5 contacts or top 10 contacts)

Feel free to submit your own ideas of other "Top [5] / [10]" stats that could be added to this page.

nice idea :) i back these ideas as it would be pretty cool :)
RE: RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by SimonHodgkiss on 01-12-2007 at 01:05 PM

quote:

nice idea :) i back these ideas as it would be pretty cool :)

Thanks mate, I hope i can get more support for my ideas :)
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by prashker on 01-12-2007 at 09:02 PM

Bug.

WLM crashed which caused all the scripts to be disabed.

quote:
---------------------------
Messenger Plus! Live
An error was detected during your last attempt to run Messenger. As a precautionary measure, all installed scripts have been disabled (scripts can be re-enabled in the preferences panel).
OK   

I then started to enable all my other scripts, then when I got to Stats Center, clicked the checkmark, then selected "Apply"

The window froze along with WLM.

When you try to re-open WLM, it will freeze after you login, and you will have to end the process of WLM.

THe only way to stop it from freezing was to hope that the

quote:
Messenger Plus! Live
An error was detected during your last attempt to run Messenger. As a precautionary measure, all installed scripts have been disabled (scripts can be re-enabled in the preferences panel).
OK   

would display another time when it crashes(freezes)

edit: Removing the script and re-downloading and importing fixed. But still :p

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by Chestah on 01-12-2007 at 09:37 PM

quote:
would display another time when it crashes(freezes)

edit: Removing the script and re-downloading and importing fixed. But still

Strange.. keep an eye on that one for me sonicsam :P. Any sort of weird bug like that will most likely be fixed when i change how Stat Center saves data!!

quote:
Ideas for new features -

wow what an awesome idea :)! This is definitely the best so far!! This is highest on my list to implement! Very very nice suggestion :)

EDIT: Actually, i'll have to wait until i recode how the stats are saved until i implement this one, as it involves reading data from every contact to get the top 10 - it would lag a tad in the current implementation!

EDIT2:

Okay i've released a minor update to Stat Center which fixes all the bugs that have been found in v1.1.1 that i know about it :). Will this be the last bug fix build.. who knows? :P

------------

Download Stat Center v1.1.2: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=767021

------------

More information is available in the first post!
RE: RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.1] by SimonHodgkiss on 01-12-2007 at 11:48 PM

quote:
wow what an awesome idea :)! This is definitely the best so far!! This is highest on my list to implement! Very very nice suggestion :)

EDIT: Actually, i'll have to wait until i recode how the stats are saved until i implement this one, as it involves reading data from every contact to get the top 10 - it would lag a tad in the current implementation!

EDIT2:

Okay i've released a minor update to Stat Center which fixes all the bugs that have been found in v1.1.1 that i know about it :). Will this be the last bug fix build.. who knows? :P

Thank you for your support I look forward to seeing it in the release if my idea works out. Do you think it will work?
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 01-13-2007 at 12:58 AM

It will definitely work and be a very great feature! A summary of all statistics is a great idea!

It just won't work that well with how i currently save data. But i know about the limitations and potential problems with how i save data now and most likely will revamp how i store data before i add anymore features!

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 01-13-2007 at 02:37 AM

Ahoy Translators! If you'd like to translate Stat Center for the next version please download the attached file.

Its pretty straight forward! Open it in the text editor of your choice (I used notepad!!) and replace the word inside the <String></String> with the same/similiar word of the language you are translating it to.

Try and keep the translated words the same length as the english words if possible!

All translators will of course get their name in the about box when i release the next version!

Thankyou :)

<snip - file removed. I need to update a few things - sorry>

RE: RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by snAke_LeAder on 01-13-2007 at 03:07 AM

quote:
Ahoy Translators! If you'd like to translate Stat Center for the next version please download the attached file.

Its pretty straight forward! Open it in the text editor of your choice (I used notepad!!) and replace the word inside the <String></String> with the same/similiar word of the language you are translating it to.

Try and keep the translated words the same length as the english words if possible!

All translators will of course get their name in the about box when i release the next version!

got it, will start my work ;)
edit: finished german ;)
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Eddie on 01-13-2007 at 04:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by First Post
(Released 13/12/2006 GMT+11)
I have a feeling that is wrong *-)

Also nice update *-) haven't seen a bug yet thus far :)
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 01-13-2007 at 04:58 AM

quote:
I have a feeling that is wrong

Nope, i live in Australia - its 4PM on the 13th :P. Don't forget the time zone!

quote:
Also nice update  haven't seen a bug yet thus far 

RE: RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by snAke_LeAder on 01-13-2007 at 05:17 AM

quote:

<snip - file removed. I need to update a few things - sorry>

so i have to start complete new, or only a few strings ?
RE: RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by warmth on 01-13-2007 at 07:55 AM

quote:

Chestah, I will be out of town for 2 days but I certainly will do the spanish translation (latin american spanish), so If you want send me to my mail (you have me in your messenger (H)) the attach and corrected file to do the translation when I arrived at home next monday... (Y)
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by okaygo on 01-13-2007 at 08:29 AM

Thank you for your great script.

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 01-13-2007 at 08:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by okaygo
Thank you for your great script.

Thankyou very much :) - its for comments that these that make me want to add more features!!

quote:
Chestah, I will be out of town for 2 days but I certainly will do the spanish translation (latin american spanish), so If you want send me to my mail (you have me in your messenger ) the attach and corrected file to do the translation when I arrived at home next monday... 

Oh awesome, i know someone else wanted to translate spanish too so maybe one of you could make it and the other could make sure its completely correct :).
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by M73A on 01-13-2007 at 09:15 AM

thanks:d glad u dont have to reset ur stats when installing the newer one :D

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 01-13-2007 at 10:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
thanks:d glad u dont have to reset ur stats when installing the newer one :D

Yep :) - no matter how big the upgrade old stat files will always work!

-------------

Okay heres the translation file for those who would like to translate Stat Center for me and allow other users to use it :).

Please follow the instructions outlined in my post above!

RE: RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by warmth on 01-13-2007 at 02:22 PM

quote:
Oh awesome, i know someone else wanted to translate spanish too so maybe one of you could make it and the other could make sure its completely correct :).

A gift before I go... (H)
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by prashker on 01-13-2007 at 03:27 PM

Just incase you don't get my offline message.

In 1.1.2

I went to bed, set my status to sleeping, woke up, and WLM was MEGA slow and was freezing every around 6 seconds and when it unfroze I managed to get to the scripts menu on Messenger Plus! Live.

I disabled your script and everything is back to normal.

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Matti on 01-13-2007 at 05:51 PM

Great a translation file! :D

Then here is the Dutch translation. :)

EDIT: Updated, thanks to foaly for pointing me at some translation mistakes! :)

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 01-13-2007 at 09:26 PM

quote:
A gift before I go... (H)

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Great a translation file! :D

Then here is the Dutch translation. :)

Thanks very much :)

quote:
I went to bed, set my status to sleeping, woke up, and WLM was MEGA slow and was freezing every around 6 seconds and when it unfroze I managed to get to the scripts menu on Messenger Plus! Live.

I disabled your script and everything is back to normal.

Thanks SonicSam.. looks like i'm doing a complete recode of saving today! Expect something flawless either today, or tomorrow, or the next day :)

EDIT: You must talk alot each day though, cause files are split daily theres no way you can get lag whilst just normally using messenger unless you have a zillion contacts and talk a damn lot so that it saves alot and gets a bit laggy at the end of the day :P
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Voldemort on 01-13-2007 at 10:20 PM

Chestah: is it me or the spanish lang file is corrupt? i wanted to see, yet i am not able to open it, unlike the English one...

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 01-13-2007 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Chestah: is it me or the spanish lang file is corrupt? i wanted to see, yet i am not able to open it, unlike the English one...

Its fixed now :). Thanks for the great job everyone :)!
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Voldemort on 01-13-2007 at 10:57 PM

will correct minor typos on spanish version, and shove names in it. will post later.

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 01-14-2007 at 03:53 AM

quote:
will correct minor typos on spanish version, and shove names in it. will post later.

Nice :).

Okay the updates that i'll be bringing soon are the ability to select different languages, a preferences panel and ...

... Stat Center will now use the registry so all the problems/limitations of the XML method are gone :).
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by SimonHodgkiss on 01-14-2007 at 12:04 PM

Bug found

The "Wink" stats has a slight problem, when sending a wink to someone it seems to be recording it as a Received wink instead of a sent wink.

However when a contact sends a wink it adds it to the Received winks which is correct.

I hope this makes sence. If not let me know and I will try are explain in more details.

Version 1.1.2

I look forward to the new release including my list of new features. I am glad you approve my idea :) thanks mate hope to see the release soon :D
RE: RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by warmth on 01-15-2007 at 02:12 AM

* warmth is arriving from the beach right now...

quote:

Wich ones??? 8-)

quote:
quote:

Nice :).

Okay the updates that i'll be bringing soon are the ability to select different languages, a preferences panel and ...

... Stat Center will now use the registry so all the problems/limitations of the XML method are gone :).

:o NICEEEEE!!! :o)
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 01-15-2007 at 02:58 AM

quote:
NICEEEEE!!! 

haha yes yes i know :). I should have done it this way in the first place.

Oh, anyone want to test it? It should work perfectly at the moment i'm just not going to release until tomorrow night until i know its perfectly bug free :).

PM Me.
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by SimonHodgkiss on 01-15-2007 at 07:53 AM

Does anyone else get the same bug as me?

The "Wink" stats has a slight problem, when sending a wink to someone it seems to be recording it as a Received wink instead of a sent wink.

However when a contact sends a wink it adds it to the Received winks which is correct.

I hope this makes sence. If not let me know and I will try are explain in more details.

Version 1.1.2

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Eddie on 01-15-2007 at 08:12 AM

Yes i get the same...

Whenever i send a wink it comes up on Stat Centre as a Received Wink instead of a Sent Wink :S

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 01-15-2007 at 09:27 AM

I just had a quick look and couldn't see anything wrong.

If you get a wink from a contact it will update two places like this:

1: In the total statistics (in your username) it will show up as a Received wink.

2: In the statistics for the contact that sent the wink it will show up as a Received Wink - as you have recieved a wink from that contact.

If you send a wink to a contact the following will occur:

1: In the total statistics (your username) it will show up as a Sent Wink.

2: In the statistics for the contact you sent the wink to it will show up as a Sent Wink - as you sent a wink to that contact.

The statistics are done in terms of your relationship to the contact.

I can't run this through and check it myself yet as the statistics panel isn't quite working yet (getting multilingual support added) :P

Edit: Thanks SimonHodgkiss for the support in your signature :).

I hope everyone will like version 1.5 which won't really offer anymore than now but is pretty much recoded and is much faster :). This will allow me to add all the 'Top 10' features - which i'm a fan of !!

It's a pity i'm going away not tomorrow.. but the next day for a week. So i'm going to try and get 1.5 finished by tomororow night and then when i get back i'll add the Top 10 first and then go through all the other suggested features :).

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Eddie on 01-15-2007 at 10:42 AM

So its meant to be like...

Before i sent Wink.
[Image: b4ts8.jpg]

After i sent Wink.
[Image: afteriw7.jpg]

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Felu on 01-15-2007 at 11:02 AM

quote:
Whenever i send a wink it comes up on Stat Centre as a Received Wink instead of a Sent Wink
Confirmed. The problem lies in the code. When OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage is fired and MessageKind is identified, the origin is not taken care of thus it takes the sent wink as received. Also there is no way to identify a send wink and neither is this being done in the code.
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 01-15-2007 at 11:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
quote:
Whenever i send a wink it comes up on Stat Centre as a Received Wink instead of a Sent Wink
Confirmed. The problem lies in the code. When OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage is fired and MessageKind is identified, the origin is not taken care of thus it takes the sent wink as received. Also there is no way to identify a send wink and neither is this being done in the code.

I tested this on my computer using my latest code. It works as how i reported it in my previous post.

Felu can you please add me chestah at gmail.com and we'll test out my latest code! Thanks

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Eddie on 01-15-2007 at 11:22 AM

For others to confirm, Voice Clips also does the same thing as claimed with Winks ?? *-)

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 01-15-2007 at 11:34 AM

quote:
For others to confirm, Voice Clips also does the same thing as claimed with Winks ?? *-)

Yep all those sort of things do, but don't work i just managed to fix it then. It was introduced in the last version due to adding chat only nickname support.

I managed to fix it whilst maintaining this support! It will be released in the next version which i should hopefully get out tomorrow :).
RE: RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by SimonHodgkiss on 01-15-2007 at 06:29 PM

quote:

It seems to be adding both the sent and received winks to the total number of received in the total statistics (your username). I am sure theres something not quite working right a sent wink is been counted as a received wink on the total statistics (your username).

If thats how its ment to work I am not getting whats ment to happen.
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 01-15-2007 at 11:32 PM

Read my above post, i've fixed this problem and will release when v1.5 is ready :).

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by SimonHodgkiss on 01-15-2007 at 11:39 PM

Oh right sorry my mistake, Glad to hear its fixed :) can't wait for the new version :D

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Supersonicdarky on 01-25-2007 at 02:01 AM

1.5 public released yet? i wana convert/add old stats in :sad:

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Eddie on 01-25-2007 at 02:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
1.5 public released yet? i wana convert/add old stats in :sad:
No its not released yet :) But apparently its being worked on (Y)
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Supersonicdarky on 01-25-2007 at 02:45 AM

i have the beta version, it records the stats in a new way, the beta started recording stats from scratch, but he said that the public will import the old ones.

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Eddie on 01-25-2007 at 06:21 AM

quote:
i have the beta version, it records the stats in a new way, the beta started recording stats from scratch, but he said that the public will import the old ones.
yeah i have the beta to (Y) why dont u ask him on msn or somethin (Y)
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 01-25-2007 at 06:24 AM

I'm actually working on it as we speak :P. Would you rather i released 1.5 without the top 10 so it comes out earlier?

haha impatient people ;)

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by SimonHodgkiss on 01-25-2007 at 02:16 PM

When is the next release due ?

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 01-25-2007 at 11:07 PM

quote:
When is the next release due ?

No release date. I've nearly got the saving of data 100% working in the new method. My only problems now are some minor things in the 'upgrade' function (which changes states from 1.1.2 format to 1.5 format).

I also have to make the preferences window and then think about adding full translation support.
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by SimonHodgkiss on 01-25-2007 at 11:15 PM

Alright then, I will look forward to the release, I will keep up my support for what will be the best script once all the new features are working :)

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by P4R4D0x on 01-27-2007 at 01:43 AM

Will this maybe fix some of the incorrect statistics or will some kind of reset button be included?

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Supersonicdarky on 01-27-2007 at 01:47 AM

idea: let it import stats from the recorded events xml (and from old plus txts, i still have those [Image: msn_tongue.gif])

i'd love that :D

RE: RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by SimonHodgkiss on 01-29-2007 at 02:05 PM

quote:
idea: let it import stats from the recorded events xml (and from old plus txts, i still have those [Image: msn_tongue.gif])

i'd love that :D

Not bad idea just dont think msn will be able to import loads of txt files, and i dont think anyone will want to import them 1 by 1.

Other than that sounds pretty good.
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Eddie on 01-29-2007 at 02:30 PM

quote:
Not bad idea just dont think msn will be able to import loads of txt files, and i dont think anyone will want to import them 1 by 1.

Other than that sounds pretty good.
i think they meant import them automatically based on a file location / directory (Y)
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by SimonHodgkiss on 02-01-2007 at 09:14 PM

I see, makes abit more sence :) I thought there must be another way to import i didnt think of it like that.

Thanks

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by electronicswhizz on 02-11-2007 at 03:53 PM

Sorry if this sounds a bizarre question, but how do I open stat center?

I have installed stat center and in the scripts section, it is described as "running". In program files, there are now plenty of folders for all my contacts, with files that contain information about them.

I've read through the first post, which said:

quote:
Usage: Stat Center can be opened by clicking the Plus! icon in both the conversation and contact list window. You can directly go to your contact's statistics through the conversation window. Also the command "/showstats" can be used if you prefer to use the keyboard.

I cannot see a plus! icon in either window. In both the main and contact windows, I have a "plus!" menu option. However, this menu does not contain stat center as an option.

Am I missing something really obvious here? I am using live messenger  (8.1.0178.00) and have plus! (4.11.0.254) installed.
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by John Anderton on 02-11-2007 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by electronicswhizz
I cannot see a plus! icon in either window. In both the main and contact windows, I have a "plus!" menu option. However, this menu does not contain stat center as an option.
In the main (Windows Live Messenger) window, can you see your online name?
Below it will be your psm. Below it a set of icons? The icon you see to the far right (ie the last icons in the series of icons you can see) is the Plus! Icon. Click it and you'll see the stats centre Menu :)

Now look for the same icon along side the icons for smiley's and winks in the conversation window.
You can use either to access the Plus! Menu :)
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Felu on 02-11-2007 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by electronicswhizz
Plus! > Preferences > Messenger > Main > Plus! Shortcut Make sure thats ticked ;).
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by vikke on 02-11-2007 at 04:30 PM

Chestah: Got a Swedish translator?

RE: RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by electronicswhizz on 02-12-2007 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
Plus! > Preferences > Messenger > Main > Plus! Shortcut Make sure thats ticked ;).

Thank you! That got it sorted! I was sure the icon should be in the area that John was describing, but couldn't find how I could get it there!
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by oxymoronr on 02-19-2007 at 05:08 PM

Possibly you could add this to Stat Center :D

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by warmth on 02-19-2007 at 05:16 PM

I have a suggestion that must be VERY VERY USEFUL!!! copy some of the stats to clipboard or maybe a menu for each convo window... to send a stat to the person you are talking to...

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Eddie on 02-27-2007 at 11:33 AM

quote:
I have a suggestion that must be VERY VERY USEFUL!!! copy some of the stats to clipboard or maybe a menu for each convo window... to send a stat to the person you are talking to...
I was speaking to Chestah the other day and it seems hes to busy to be working on Stats Center right now *-) anyone who is willing to take over or assist in coding is to Contact Him i've been told :)
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Felu on 02-27-2007 at 11:39 AM

I would have helped if i didn't have exams on my head for now :P. But still i could help between the 1st and 5th of March.

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by riahc4 on 03-19-2007 at 02:58 PM

Will this be updated anytime soon?

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Citywidemicke on 03-19-2007 at 08:29 PM

Hi

I realy like this script but i need some help here.

When i use Stat Center and MSN time logger so must i delite Stat Center after 24 h. for that reason is for that reason count every second in personal message so after 24 h so is my messenger so slow so i canīt use stat center :(.
Can any help me how i can turn off counter on personal message in Stat Center so i can use this wonderful script.

I use stat center v1.1.2

Regards

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 04-27-2007 at 10:03 PM

Hey guys, sorry for the inactivity. Bascially at this stage, i recommened uninstalling Stat Center. It won't cause any serious problems but it will slow down your messenger experience over time.

I do have a speed-optimised version on my computer that will not cause any of these problems. However since i have started a dual degree of law and economics at university i have had no time to continue work.

Any developers that are willing and able to continue my work are free to email me at chestah@gmail.com. Of course, i'd preferably like someone who is a beta tester or someone i already know of from these forums.

Sorry to everyone that likes the idea of this script, i personally do too and what i had planned was going to be awesome! I just don't have time to carry these plans through!

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by riahc4 on 04-30-2007 at 03:30 PM

quote:
Hey guys, sorry for the inactivity. Bascially at this stage, i recommened uninstalling Stat Center. It won't cause any serious problems but it will slow down your messenger experience over time.

I do have a speed-optimised version on my computer that will not cause any of these problems. However since i have started a dual degree of law and economics at university i have had no time to continue work.

Any developers that are willing and able to continue my work are free to email me at chestah@gmail.com. Of course, i'd preferably like someone who is a beta tester or someone i already know of from these forums.

Sorry to everyone that likes the idea of this script, i personally do too and what i had planned was going to be awesome! I just don't have time to carry these plans through!

Um arent all scripts open source? So someone else could just download the script and continue on themselfs modifying your code. It is a shame that you wont at least try to finish and release that nonslow down version. :(

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Matti on 04-30-2007 at 03:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Um arent all scripts open source? So someone else could just download the script and continue on themselfs modifying your code. It is a shame that you wont at least try to finish and release that nonslow down version. :(
But then these improvements would be based on an outdated version, and may already been done in the next version.

As for the copy thingy, I think it can be possible if you create a menu and link it to the control, take a look at Matty's reply to [?] Creating menu's to learn how to create a menu. I used that one to make my own custom MenuButtonControl too! :)
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by riahc4 on 04-30-2007 at 04:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike

But then these improvements would be based on an outdated version, and may already been done in the next version.

Or they may not. Doesn't matter.
RE: RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Steel Froggy on 05-02-2007 at 04:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by oxymoronr
Possibly you could add this to Stat Center :D

hahahah, that would be so cool.
RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by dotdotdot on 05-09-2007 at 07:51 AM

i imported stat centere, however, no stats show up
all the stuff r there, its just that no stats will show...
anyway to get it to work?

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 05-26-2007 at 02:36 PM

Hello hello everyone! Theres been some good suggestions here, but unfortunately my degree has been very time demanding!!

I've been talking to dt.. and hes kinda convinced me to get back a little bit into coding :P. To be honest, after a few formats i don't actually have my latest latest code so i'm currently searching for it on my server right now (hopefully its there).

I'm thinking about releasing v1.5 (the fast registry version) without any of the aforementioned features at this stage (ie no top 10, no translations, no options menu, no dp save feature) and also without the ability to 'upgrade' stat files from the older versions to the new version.

The only reason i didn't release an interim (fast) build like this earlier was due to errors in this conversion process. Without it, providing i can find the latest build on my server, i could release this without many modifications.

Anyways i'll have a look, and maybe in the holidays i'll beable to bring out a better quality release!

RE: * Stat Center * [UPDATE: v1.1.2] by Chestah on 05-26-2007 at 03:16 PM

Okay, its been a long time since i actively was working on Stat Center so i can't exactly remember what features i had on my local copy.

I know i had done quite a lot of progress though with only the stats file update problem making me not release the update.

Unfortunately it seems i've lost all that wonderful work but i still have found my quick reg version still intact. With a few unfinished features stripped here is a beta (should be 100% bug free though) version of 1.5.0!

As i'm busy with lots of other uni things at the moment, i may not beable to give out a high standard of support for this build - so keep that in mind!

Also, NOTE: This version will not maintain your statistics from older builds of Stat Center! The statistics will not be deleted, but they will not show up in the 1.5.0 BETA!

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by prashker on 05-26-2007 at 04:14 PM

hotsticks :D

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by snAke_LeAder on 05-27-2007 at 12:41 PM

but how can i switch the language ?

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by warmth on 05-27-2007 at 05:02 PM

read the post of chestah and you will see that languages are not ready yet... there is way to switch it in a version that he sent to me... but I am not autorized to give that info... so... sorry...

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by snAke_LeAder on 05-27-2007 at 05:50 PM

i'm a translator,...will contact him

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by warmth on 05-27-2007 at 06:29 PM

ah ok... so do it... I am a translator too...

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by Chestah on 05-29-2007 at 04:00 AM

quote:
read the post of chestah and you will see that languages are not ready yet... there is way to switch it in a version that he sent to me... but I am not autorized to give that info... so... sorry...

Thanks for keeping that build private warmth - as you know its not quite ready!! The main reason i haven't released that build though is because i simply don't have a copy that recent on my computer haha!

The most recent copy i could release had no language support as it was the last copy i sent dt. It would be great if you could send the copy you have on your computer warmth (either the .plsc file or a zipped file of the directory) to chestah@gmail.com or upload it somewhere and send me the link! Thanks :)

quote:
Originally posted by snAke_LeAder
i'm a translator,...will contact him

I got your message Snake, but i'll post it here so everyone knows! Translations will be able to be changed when i release a public version of the copy warmth has. However keep in mind my exams come up soon. So unless the version warmth has (i don't know exactly how far ahead in development his version is.. remember i lost all my code) is bug free i won't be releasing for at least 3 weeks! But i have time after then and i do intend on releasing a 1.5 or maybe even 2.0!!
RE: RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by warmth on 05-29-2007 at 01:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChestahThanks for keeping that build private warmth - as you know its not quite ready!! The main reason i haven't released that build though is because i simply don't have a copy that recent on my computer haha!

The most recent copy i could release had no language support as it was the last copy i sent dt. It would be great if you could send the copy you have on your computer warmth (either the .plsc file or a zipped file of the directory) to chestah@gmail.com or upload it somewhere and send me the link! Thanks :)
Your welcome mate... search in your email... is all already there... (A) remember to contact me later to tell you all the suggestions I have... (Y)
RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by riahc4 on 05-31-2007 at 12:56 PM

Why dont you make a version or a tool and imports from old versions to the new version? Because I updated right now to this new version from the last one and have lost all stats which would make this rather pointless if I loose all the stats everytime I update

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by warmth on 05-31-2007 at 03:10 PM

Mate don't worry that's the version I gave to him... let him finish it... and you will have all you stats again... :o)

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by kmcbest on 06-03-2007 at 09:06 AM

Same as riahc4, waiting for Import option implemented, thank for all your efforts to bring us such a wonderful logger.

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by Chestah on 06-03-2007 at 10:34 PM

quote:
Why dont you make a version or a tool and imports from old versions to the new version? Because I updated right now to this new version from the last one and have lost all stats which would make this rather pointless if I loose all the stats everytime I update

As warmth said, when i release the full version it will upgrade your stats. They are still there, and they'll eventually be imported :). I might make the tool that upgrades the stats separate to the actual script though. From now on i don't plan to change how the stats are stored so there won't be any issues like this.

Thanks warmth for those files - they are alot further advanced then the files i had!
RE: RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by warmth on 06-03-2007 at 11:04 PM

quote:
Thanks warmth for those files - they are alot further advanced then the files i had!

Don't worry mate ;)!!!

Note: Why are you never conected in messenger now???
RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by Chestah on 06-04-2007 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Don't worry mate ;)!!!

University.. thats why ;). Use that testing account i sent you! I'll appear online there when i begin developing stat center again in a few weeks.
RE: RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by warmth on 06-04-2007 at 12:47 PM

quote:
quote:
Don't worry mate ;)!!!

University.. thats why ;). Use that testing account i sent you! I'll appear online there when i begin developing stat center again in a few weeks.

I added you... and I'm writting you into the two accounts you have... and nothing happens... are you there??? *-)
RE: RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system by Tortoise on 07-11-2007 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
Neat script there.

However I have noticed on my computer anyway...it's not making use of received stats for a contact regardless of who it is (And yes I did have a conversation with them).

here is a screenshot to prove it:
[Image: Stats%20Center%20(338%20x%20253).jpg]

This happens on all of might accounts that use it.

Iīm having the same ploblem here! Does a solution already exist?

thank you for the plugin, very wise!

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by kmcbest on 09-10-2007 at 11:35 AM

As Stats are now stored in Registry, where could I find them? I can't find the reg key related to it.

And how can I make a backup?

Thx

--edit--

I found the reg keys, but I think for the "Personal message" and "Display name" changes, the 1.5 beta just stores several last changes and indicates a total change number.
Is it ture? Can I find back a list of all history PM and nick changes of my contacts??

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by tominic on 11-28-2007 at 09:08 PM

Hey

Sorry to pester, but whens the import old stats thingy gonna be added? I've already installed the beta

Great script

Cheers

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by riahc4 on 02-25-2008 at 10:40 PM

I think besides the reg, it should also store data in My Documents; I just formatted and lost all my stats :(

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by duck! on 02-25-2008 at 11:12 PM

quote:
I think besides the reg, it should also store data in My Documents; I just formatted and lost all my stats :(
The stats would still get deleted..
RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by Nathan on 02-26-2008 at 08:57 AM

Not if you backed up your documents...

RE: RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by riahc4 on 02-26-2008 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
Not if you backed up your documents...
Exactly.

The registry can also be backed up but its not recommened when you are formatting and reinstalling...
RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by woodyns on 03-24-2008 at 12:34 PM

It would be cool if:

1) Stats would be gathered from chat logs
2) Stats could display how may times a certain user was online and off line (period of online activity)....

Woody

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by riahc4 on 04-02-2008 at 01:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by woodyns
It would be cool if:

1) Stats would be gathered from chat logs

Good suggestion :)
quote:
Originally posted by woodyns

2) Stats could display how may times a certain user was online and off line (period of online activity)....

Isnt that already in the script or have I misunderstood you?
RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by Eddie on 04-02-2008 at 08:34 AM

As far as i know there is to be no further work made on this script by Chestah, as the last time i spoke to him he was trying to hand it off, but i cannot be certain.

RE: RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by riahc4 on 04-02-2008 at 09:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
As far as i know there is to be no further work made on this script by Chestah, as the last time i spoke to him he was trying to hand it off, but i cannot be certain.
Thats VERY bad news :( and very unproffesional by a developer.
RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by Eddie on 04-02-2008 at 01:26 PM

quote:
quote:
Not unprofessional at all, developers of scripts do these things voluntarily, and most of them in this forum are either attending high school or college or university, or simply to busy to work on the script, so for you to say that it is very unprofessional that is rather insulting considering how much effort people actually put into these scripts voluntarily!
RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by Spunky on 04-02-2008 at 06:29 PM

quote:
quote:

Where are your scripts?
RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by Chestah on 04-30-2008 at 02:03 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
Not unprofessional at all, developers of scripts do these things voluntarily, and most of them in this forum are either attending high school or college or university, or simply to busy to work on the script, so for you to say that it is very unprofessional that is rather insulting considering how much effort people actually put into these scripts voluntarily!

Thanks for that comment! I'm sorry guys i haven't had time to further develop this script! I had lots of great ideas for this script as i was making it. A lot of them i had to leave out to get it submitted in time for the old scripting competition Patchou held! I continued working on some of the ideas i had but eventually ran into issues with speed and stability which i solved some of them in the 1.5 beta.

Unfortunately, i started University last year doing a dual degree of Law and Economics (also tutoring economics this year) so my time to develop Stat Center is virtually 0 - not to mention i haven't programmed for 2 years so i'd essentially have to relearn Jscript again!

I wouldn't call myself a developer, but a university student (well back then a high school student :P) that used to code in my spare time! If anyone wants to take over feel free! This script has great potential if you can fix up the speed/storage issues.

In particular if you can fix the stats --> save --> registry function then it shouldn't be too hard to add in some new features making use of the statistic functions.

I might have a look at this script again in my holidays but i can't promise anything :).

EDIT: Also, as for formatting and losing your stats. It was my intention to add a backup/export feature that would save your stats in a single file and then you would be able to import these stats after a format or whatever to get them back! So thats an idea if someone wants to continue development :P
New feature proposal by Chikara on 07-20-2008 at 03:10 PM

I would like to see a feature or script capable of answering the following questions:
At which time of the day does the user have the most activity in messenger?
At which time of the day does the user have the least activity in messenger?

By which time of the day i mean a rough scale of hours.
I think 24 values like "activity between 7 pm and 8 pm" could easily stored and the accuracy of one hour would be appropriate.

Not only would this information be fun but also useful: such information could be used to optimize messenger usage.

My request ( http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=84898 ) for such a script has only got a reference to stat center so far so i thaught this would be the right place then.

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by riahc4 on 05-13-2009 at 08:18 AM

Its too bad Chestah couldnt work on this anymore; Had alot of potential.

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by warmth on 05-13-2009 at 10:15 AM

quote:
Its too bad Chestah couldnt work on this anymore; Had alot of potential.
Actually yes :(
RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by SmokingCookie on 05-15-2009 at 07:05 PM

Can contact stats be ported from XML to the registry?

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by immortalradish on 05-16-2009 at 07:13 PM

i have a problem with stat center, basically, my online time in one year is reported as 1400 hours or something which is fine, but the online time listed for one contact is listed as 344861 hours, which if im right they would have to have logged in 20 or so years before msn was even invented, and stayed logged in ever since ;)

RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by Eddie on 05-17-2009 at 06:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by immortalradish
i have a problem with stat center, basically, my online time in one year is reported as 1400 hours or something which is fine, but the online time listed for one contact is listed as 344861 hours, which if im right they would have to have logged in 20 or so years before msn was even invented, and stayed logged in ever since ;)
Unfortunately this script is highly outdated and has not been worked on for a very long time, the creator gave up the project quite some time ago, so it could be an incompatibility issue, but the chances of any fixes are minimal, sorry.
RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed] by kuremo on 12-21-2009 at 03:24 AM

Hello ! i have a suggestion for you !

would it be possible in your script that it calculates the scores of each contacts ? i mean :

the one that have the highest : conversation characteres = 100 %, and all the others are divided by it and it is auto calculated ?

exemple (sorry i'm french it's hard to explain)

Mister A has sent 1000 characteres.
mister B has sent 800 characteres.
Mister C has sent 350 characteres.

So, mister B is scored 80 %, mister C 35%, and, of course, mister A 100 %

But it is maybe different for a same user, and another option (words/characters etc...) e.g :

Mister A has writen 900 words. (but still 1000 characteres !)
Mister B has writen 1100 words. (but still 800 characteres !)
Mister C has writen 600 words. (but still 350 characteres !)

So it is : mister A is scored (900/1100) 81,8%, mister B is scored (1100/1100) 100 %, and mister C is scored (600/1100) 54,5%.

perhaps make an average of all the calculates possible ?

that's an idea ^_^ maybe it's too complicated to do !

thanks again !