Shoutbox

error windows live messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: error windows live messenger (/showthread.php?tid=69755)

error windows live messenger by suprememint on 12-21-2006 at 01:11 AM

i have downloaded and uninstalled windows live plus mutiple times. everytie i download it sucessfully and install i try to sign in then it attempts to sign in then it stops then this error windwslove messenger thing pops up something about 'Not responding, send error report'

please help!

its on the picture if you wanna see. http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=767023

RE: error windows live messenger by Hank on 12-21-2006 at 01:14 AM

have you got smiley central or anything else 

RE: error windows live messenger by suprememint on 12-21-2006 at 01:18 AM

No i do not have smiley central.

RE: error windows live messenger by Hank on 12-21-2006 at 01:49 AM

what firewalls do u have?

RE: error windows live messenger by suprememint on 12-21-2006 at 01:55 AM

i dont know where can i check to see what firewalls do i have

RE: error windows live messenger by MicroWay on 12-21-2006 at 02:01 AM

When did the problem started? What programs do you instal close and before the problem starts?? Is your WLM patched with A-Patch, Mess Patch or anything else like they)?
Don't forget to tell us your version of Windows Live Messenger (going on Help >>> About)
Suggestion: Have you sent Microsoft's the report?? Because sometimes, after the report, in the window saying that the report was sent, there is a link for more help to solve the problem...
;)

RE: error windows live messenger by suprememint on 12-21-2006 at 02:28 AM

it started 2 months ago i think. er whats a patch stuff?
ive sent the report alot of times and they didnt have the link for more info to solve the problem and its a windows live version 8.0

RE: error windows live messenger by Chris4 on 12-21-2006 at 02:40 AM

A patch is something that changes Messenger, like adds things or take things away, like buttons, text, etc. So if you don't know what one is, I doubt you've used one.

Errrm.. try Microsoft Update, make sure everything is up-to-date.

Also, any idea what you may have changed 2 months ago that could have caused this? You could use System Restore, or even just look on it and you could see what changes you made 2 months ago (If it's enabled, you should be able to). You can do this by going to Start > Help and Support Center > Undo changes to your computer with System Restore.

You can then see what changes you made on a certain date:

[Image: neoshooter39kv8.th.png]

RE: error windows live messenger by suprememint on 12-21-2006 at 03:00 AM

im confused...

RE: error windows live messenger by MicroWay on 12-21-2006 at 04:13 AM

Wait... try to tell us where you're confused...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Undo changes to your computer with System Restore.
Chris4, the problem starts 2 mounths ago maybe, so using the Restore will erase other programs and configurations that she added in this period...

RE: error windows live messenger by suprememint on 12-21-2006 at 04:14 AM

i'm confused on chris's thing.  i searched on the forum about this and these other people had it too. but no one solved it.

RE: error windows live messenger by MattyRid on 12-21-2006 at 04:53 AM

give this a shot. But a word of advice, backup everything Windows Live Messenger Related (emoticons, etc) because we will not put up with you crying that you lost your emoticons an stuff. As of now you have been warned.

RE: RE: error windows live messenger by Chris4 on 12-22-2006 at 02:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
Wait... try to tell us where you're confused...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
Undo changes to your computer with System Restore.
Chris4, the problem starts 2 mounths ago maybe, so using the Restore will erase other programs and configurations that she added in this period...

Ok, but it's worth looking at system restore to see what changes were made 2 months ago.
RE: error windows live messenger by MicroWay on 12-22-2006 at 03:59 AM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay

Ok, but it's worth looking at system restore to see what changes were made 2 months ago.

Ups... Agree with you.. sorry, my mistake... :$

Suprememint:
About what have been said...
The first opition, about the update is simple...
The second opition, about the Restore, is to see what changes have being done on the computer 2 mouths ago (when the problem starts)...
Just:
quote:
Start > Help and Support Center > Undo changes to your computer with System Restore.
It will open a window than selct the opition "Restore the computer" (or something like that -> is the first opition) and click next... It will open the window with a calendar (image on Chris4's post)... Now what you have to do it's come back to mouths ago and see the changes..
But remeber that it only works if the System Restore is Enabled...
quote:
(If it's enabled, you should be able to)

RE: error windows live messenger by Hank on 12-22-2006 at 04:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
give this a shot. But a word of advice, backup everything Windows Live Messenger Related (emoticons, etc) because we will not put up with you crying that you lost your emoticons an stuff. As of now you have been warned.
strongly suggest you re-word that, to me that comes over rather rude