Shoutbox

Which John Lennon / Beatles Song Was This Quote Made? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Which John Lennon / Beatles Song Was This Quote Made? (/showthread.php?tid=69907)

Which John Lennon / Beatles Song Was This Quote Made? by MC Inferno on 12-25-2006 at 11:58 PM

"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry"

thankyou

RE: Which John Lennon / Beatles Song Was This Quote Made? by ddunk on 12-26-2006 at 12:01 AM

Yay for 2 seconds of googling the exact thing you asked.

It wasn't a song.

quote:
On November 4, 1963, the Beatles played in front of the Queen at the Royal Command Variety Performance. The scene is immortalized in the Anthology video (The Beatles Anthology Collector's Set). Before playing their final number, John asked the audience for their help in the next number, and said, with a hesitant smirk: "The people in the cheaper seats, clap your hands... and if the rest of you would just rattle your jewelry." The camera pans to the Queen, who seems confused more than anything. The Beatles then launched into the raucous "Shout!". You can hear it on the Anthology CDs.

RE: Which John Lennon / Beatles Song Was This Quote Made? by MC Inferno on 12-26-2006 at 12:06 AM

i googled for like 15 and cdnt find that :P

cheers man. i knew it wasnt an actual song and that, but i knew it was on a recording of a live album. anyone know exactly which song of that cd?

RE: Which John Lennon / Beatles Song Was This Quote Made? by Weyzza on 12-26-2006 at 12:12 AM

Maybe the product notes will help you to find the track.

RE: Which John Lennon / Beatles Song Was This Quote Made? by MC Inferno on 12-26-2006 at 12:15 AM

got it :D cheers