Shoutbox

I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons (/showthread.php?tid=70016)

I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by Carowalhalla on 12-29-2006 at 12:02 AM

Sorry if my question has been asked before, but can someone help me ?
I re-install Windows live Messenger this morning, and now I can't see any personal picture and emoticon of my contacts ..
It's really boring =___=

Can someone tell me how can I fix it?

Thx in advance

RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by MattyRid on 12-29-2006 at 12:13 AM

For Emoticons

tools -> Options -> Messages -> Make sure "Show Emoticons" and "Show Custom Emoticons" are ticked

As for thr display pictures, normally a click to either open a conversation window or their contact card normally does the trick but to make sure that your settings are fine go tools -> Options -> Personal -> Make sure under "My Display Picture" that options are ticked. I don't think it'll make a difference but you just never know.

RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by Carowalhalla on 12-29-2006 at 12:18 AM

I've already do all of this, but it still not working ..
I can't even see the personal message ..

Maybe it due to something with the system or I don't know ..
I'm not really good with those stuff ~_~

RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by MattyRid on 12-29-2006 at 12:24 AM

ok here are a few questions that best be answered first before coming to conclusions....

1) Answer either (a) or (b):

(a) Do you have sweetim or smiley central installed at the moment?

(b) Did you have ever sweetim or smiley central installed?

2) Do you have the latest version of Both Windows Live Messenger (for 8.0 users latest is: 8.0.0812.00 and for 8.1 BETA users it is: 8.1.0168.00_ClientV8.1) and Messenger Plus! Live (version 4.11.251)?

3) Do you have something Like Windows Live One Care installed?

Once these questions are answered I think we will be well on our way to solving it.

RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by Carowalhalla on 12-29-2006 at 12:31 AM

1.I don't have any of those (a) and (b) ..

2.I've got the latest version of Windows live Messenger and the version 4.11.254 of Messenger Plus! Live ..

3.No I don't have this

RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by MattyRid on 12-29-2006 at 12:38 AM

Saying you have the latest version means it could be anything...is it the 8.0 version or 8.1 version an please state the build numbers like I have...if you want to be 100% sure go Help -> About ;)

RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by Carowalhalla on 12-29-2006 at 12:40 AM

oops .. I thought I've wrote the numbers u__u" .. so here it is --> 8.0.0812.00

RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by MattyRid on 12-29-2006 at 12:42 AM

ok have you tried using the 8.1 version (which is BETA but works OK) to see if the same thing is still happening.

also I just noticed, then I posted those questions, I forgot to disable smiles so check the mods I make above ;)

RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by Carowalhalla on 12-29-2006 at 12:48 AM

No I haven't tried .. I don't even know where I can DL it .. I'm gonna check on the forum ..

Thx for your help anyways ^^

RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by MattyRid on 12-29-2006 at 12:49 AM

http://ideas.live.com

^^ for the 8.1 version

RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by Carowalhalla on 12-29-2006 at 12:53 AM

Oh thx ^^

I've install it, but it's still not working .. haha it's really boring x_x

RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by MattyRid on 12-29-2006 at 12:54 AM

perhaps it needs time to sort itself back out again, try oping conversation windows and leaving them open for about 5-10 mins and see if that helps.

RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by Carowalhalla on 12-29-2006 at 01:01 AM

Nope .. still doesn't work ..
maybe it's temporary ..

hum, I think I'm gonna let it like this ..
Sorry for have disturbing you ^^ and thx for your fast replies ^^

RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by MattyRid on 12-29-2006 at 01:18 AM

Sounds like it's something happening with the server your connected to, and as you said it could be a temporary thing which wouldn't surprise me at all.

RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by Zahid™ on 12-29-2006 at 10:40 AM

Do you have Zone Alarm installed?

RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by Carowalhalla on 01-01-2007 at 02:44 PM

Yes I have ^^
Does it count for something ?

RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by Zahid™ on 01-01-2007 at 02:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Carowalhalla
Yes I have ^^
Does it count for something ?
Yes its Zone Alarm then, see this fix:
http://www.messenger.mattchan.co.uk/index.php?opt...iew&id=13&Itemid=2
RE: I can't see the avy and the personals emoticons by Carowalhalla on 01-01-2007 at 02:52 PM

ok !! Thx a lot .. *gonna try to understand something with the tuto* ..

^^