Shoutbox

Hussein dead! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Hussein dead! (/showthread.php?tid=70058)

Hussein dead! by Hybrid on 12-30-2006 at 12:00 PM

Well, it was a good run. America kicking that bastards ass then having him go through trial. Hussein took the express lane to hell, what it took them like a month after they made their decisions? Either way, YAY! Hussein's cruelty to other and his own people have finally been justified!

RE: Hussein dead! by Tasha on 12-30-2006 at 12:02 PM

His last request was to be shot, not hanged. They said no. ;p

RE: Hussein dead! by Stigmata on 12-30-2006 at 12:06 PM

quote:
America kicking that bastards ass then having him go through trial.

You're American aren't you?

Damn Propaganda...
RE: Hussein dead! by Hybrid on 12-30-2006 at 12:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata

Damn Propaganda...
What's wrong with being American? we're like... bizzaro British.
RE: Hussein dead! by CookieRevised on 12-30-2006 at 12:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hybrid
what it took them like a month after they made their decisions?
The decision is only made yesterday.

And I didn't heared the news yet, but since yesterday when I last saw the news, it was not confirmed yet when he will hang*. Some high placed people in America wants it within 24 hours. But there are international instances against that, also because hanging him now, in the Hadj period, will actually create more upstir than needed.

quote:
Either way, YAY! Hussein's cruelty to other and his own people have finally been justified!
Even this is not correct at all. The dead penalty he got is only for one minor (excuse the word) offense, not for everything else he's done. And that is also one of the big reasons why international organisations are against executing this dead penalty immeditaly because this will actually bring the other trials against him in jeopardy.

quote:
quote:
Damn Propaganda...
Because of a lot of misinformations? aka propaganda like Stigmata said?

that is: nothing wrong in being American, but your top post proofs that a lot of people are misinformed or don't know the true things behind things.

*EDIT: after watching the news, it is indeed today that he is going to hang was hung
RE: Hussein dead! by Exo on 12-30-2006 at 12:15 PM

The hanged him because like that we would die like a common criminal, instead of a militar.

RE: Hussein dead! by CookieRevised on 12-30-2006 at 12:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Exo
The hanged him because like that we would die like a common criminal, instead of a militar.
Yep. He requested to be shot (like a militair), but this was refused and he will hang like a common criminal.

Also, especially for this trial, the dead penalty has been brought back in the law.

But also consider that killing him will make him a marter, which is what he and his followers actually want too.

As such, many countries and again international organisations are against this. He will suffer more when he has a life sentence, and the upcomming trials can be done properly too then.

RE: Hussein dead! by Hybrid on 12-30-2006 at 12:29 PM

Here's a video of Hussein being prepared to be hung.

RE: Hussein dead! by Graphic on 12-30-2006 at 01:25 PM

The video sounded like he want to die a hero from what he stated. Glad they didnt show him hanging ive just eaten.

RE: Hussein dead! by Hank on 12-30-2006 at 01:28 PM

hang ther fukka.. he killed many other's when he in power.. i dont give a shit  what happens or happened to him

RE: Hussein dead! by Hybrid on 12-30-2006 at 01:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Graphic
The video sounded like he want to die a hero from what he stated. Glad they didnt show him hanging ive just eaten.
If they did I woulden't have putten it up, without a warning atleast :D.
RE: Hussein dead! by Graphic on 12-30-2006 at 01:31 PM

It was on BBC world news they would have used the clean version xD

RE: Hussein dead! by Stigmata on 12-30-2006 at 01:42 PM

quote:
quote:

Damn Propaganda...

I didn't say there was anything wrong with being american..

The point was propaganda...

It was the same with the British in WW2..
RE: Hussein dead! by xJ + on 12-30-2006 at 01:43 PM

woooo!!! Hussein dead ...
I don't give a damn :dodgy:

RE: Hussein dead! by Graphic on 12-30-2006 at 01:45 PM

It gave The bristish govemnt somthing to do.

RE: Hussein dead! by EBFL on 12-30-2006 at 01:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xJ +
woooo!!! Hussein dead ...
I don't give a damn :dodgy:

RE: Hussein dead! by Fuse on 12-30-2006 at 04:27 PM

the british did what thhey did to keep up morale, america's current propaganda has no sense of morale in it.

RE: Hussein dead! by brian on 12-30-2006 at 04:35 PM

That's dumb.

Now that they've hanged him, what has changed?  People still dying in Iraq everyday and Saddam maybe wasn't the best president, but it was MUCH safer.

RE: RE: Hussein dead! by Vimto on 12-30-2006 at 04:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Graphic
Glad they didnt show him hanging ive just eaten.

RE: RE: Hussein dead! by Fuse on 12-30-2006 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by brian
That's dumb.

Now that they've hanged him, what has changed?  People still dying in Iraq everyday and Saddam maybe wasn't the best president, but it was MUCH safer.

i agree with you, it was safer: but only if you agreed with what saddam said. my kurdish uncle lived in iraq for a while before he was fed up of having to cheer for him in ralleys so his neighbours didnt report him.

nobody said democracy was easy to get to ;)
RE: Hussein dead! by Nathan on 12-30-2006 at 05:27 PM

ITS pissed me off so much.
He killed all of those people and all of their familys have suffered for a long time, he then gets aught they take a couple of months to see what to do with him and then the hang him :/
He killed all of those people and all of those peoples family's life have changed.
If you ask me he has had a easy way out of all of this.
If it had been me then (i know this is harsh) but i would of given him at least 10-15 years of torture.

RE: Hussein dead! by EBFL on 12-30-2006 at 05:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
ITS pissed me off so much.
He killed all of those people and all of their familys have suffered for a long time, he then gets aught they take a couple of months to see what to do with him and then the hang him :/
He killed all of those people and all of those peoples family's life have changed.
If you ask me he has had a easy way out of all of this.
I do agree. They shouldnt have just hanged him.
quote:
If it had been me then (i know this is harsh) but i would of given him at least 10-15 years of torture.
I would have given him a life sentence of torture.
RE: Hussein dead! by Nathan on 12-30-2006 at 05:43 PM

Yeah but life sentences can be 10-25 years sometimes so :/

RE: RE: Hussein dead! by Fuse on 12-30-2006 at 05:50 PM

quote:

only in the uk.

other places are more stern with the law [such as america] life means life.
RE: Hussein dead! by CookieRevised on 12-30-2006 at 06:04 PM

quote:
only if some conditions are met... which in case of Hussein would never have been the case anyways...

If he wouldn't have had the dead sentence, he would have been given life. And that for only this trial. As said, there are more trials against him (which now can't be done properly now that he's dead :rolleyes:) and he would probably have been given some couple of life sentences for those too...

So, even in the extreme stupid case that he met certain conditions to get free early, he probably still would have 100 years to go or something...
RE: Hussein dead! by Thor on 12-30-2006 at 08:07 PM

I could say "Woooo!" but that would probably offend somebody...
Tbh, I think he deserved it, and it's a bit funny ( :P) how he asks to be shot, they said no just to make him more annoyed it seems. Oh well, one terrorist less in the world.

RE: Hussein dead! by Nathan on 12-30-2006 at 08:44 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOO :P

RE: Hussein dead! by andrewdodd13 on 12-30-2006 at 08:59 PM

My money's on him being replaced within the next five years with someone meaner and leaner, who has the backing of the Yanks (well, actually he did for quite a while...). Or maybe I just played far too much RA2 a few years back.

Anyway, doing this won't solve anything. He isn't (it's still isn't, even if he's dead) the cause of the problems in Iraq.

And it doesn't affect me in the slightest.

RE: Hussein dead! by Oxy on 12-30-2006 at 09:46 PM

George Bush is doing allmost exactly the same as he did, so why aren't they hanging him? tbh i think it's a bit hypocritical of them. IMO they both should of died.

RE: Hussein dead! by Exca on 12-30-2006 at 09:48 PM

Strange we don't get to see the images when he's actually falling.
He's probably letting his scars healed and eating a nice meal atm

RE: Hussein dead! by user27089 on 12-30-2006 at 10:39 PM

Nothing to do with us really, he didn't do anything bad to us. I'm not saying be ignorant to what is happening in other countries, but was it our place to go in there blowing shit up and then hang their leader?

Perhaps, perhaps not. I'm not bothered, I'm not glad anybody's dead.

Also, is that video really necessary? It just reminds me of the people who executed westerners.

RE: Hussein dead! by Flaming Rob on 12-31-2006 at 05:15 PM

I am not the kind of person that wants people dead, but it might of been for the good

RE: Hussein dead! by Tasha on 12-31-2006 at 07:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Nothing to do with us really, he didn't do anything bad to us. I'm not saying be ignorant to what is happening in other countries, but was it our place to go in there blowing shit up and then hang their leader?

Also, is that video really necessary? It just reminds me of the people who executed westerners.

He was tried and convicted by an Iraqi judge and jury, absolutely nothing to do with us, and so henceforth we haven't hung him. It was under the Iraqi law.

And the video was made because ordinary Iraqi's might not believe that he was truly gone, after the suffering he'd caused.
RE: Hussein dead! by Kenji on 12-31-2006 at 07:45 PM

i saw the full video of it, tbh, it felt good, i just like stuff like that :happy:

Yes, im weird.

RE: Hussein dead! by qgroessl on 12-31-2006 at 07:57 PM

Hanging was a good way to kill them... I just don't like the way they did it... They should've made him choke to death hanging... The way they did it, he only sufferedfor 1/10 of a second.

RE: Hussein dead! by ins4ne on 12-31-2006 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kankurou
i saw the full video of it, tbh, it felt good, i just like stuff like that :happy:

Yes, im weird.
The leaked cellphone version?
RE: RE: Hussein dead! by andrewdodd13 on 12-31-2006 at 10:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
lol dead.

I actually laughed at that. So are we all happy he's dead for sure now? And that it's quite obvious the problems are still going on?

Even if the "coalition" forces left Iraq now, it'd still be in chaos. As much as he (Saddam) was an evil son of a female dog, he was good at keeping the region "stable".

Now, instead of people being taken away secretly and done away with, the Iraqi people are killing each other in open warfare. (If you can call going into a café with some explosives strapped to you warfare).

This subject annoys me because I can't figure out a plan how to fix it in my head. :| (Even if my knowing a solution wouldn't fix the problem, of course...)
RE: Hussein dead! by andrewdodd13 on 12-31-2006 at 10:22 PM

In case you didn't catch my meaning... I meant do you *believe* he's dead... I mean... I'm a sceptic. But I'm sure he's dead now. :)

(I think using happy may be a local term :P. And I guess it's maybe not a good word to use in this context, for some people.)

RE: Hussein dead! by prashker on 12-31-2006 at 10:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
I meant do you *believe* he's dead

Yes :p,

hence

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7532034279766935521
lol dead.

Unless he has jesus hacks, I am pretty sure he is dead :p
RE: Hussein dead! by EBFL on 12-31-2006 at 10:40 PM

quote:
I meant do you *believe*
Yes..Otherwise it wouldn't be on all the news channels? :tongue:Or would it? :S
RE: Hussein dead! by vaccination on 12-31-2006 at 10:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EnglandBoyForLife.
quote:
I meant do you *believe*
Yes..Otherwise it wouldn't be on all the news channels? :tongue:Or would it? :S

not if no-one knew it was a fake...8-)
RE: Hussein dead! by Steven on 12-31-2006 at 11:01 PM

Yeah, maybe he was kidnapped..... Its all over the news

RE: Hussein dead! by Vimto on 12-31-2006 at 11:56 PM

I know people have said this but I agree with him being killed but I don't think that that will solve anything :\  Another person will just come along, perhaps worse.

RE: Hussein dead! by Wally on 01-01-2007 at 03:19 AM

do you ever think that maybe it wasnt him that was hanged or hung ..... what if this is all a conspiracy to make the public think that hes dead :P

EDIT:i wasnt being serious

RE: Hussein dead! by prashker on 01-01-2007 at 04:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wally lebo rambo
do you ever think that maybe it wasnt him that was hanged or hung ..... what if this is all a conspiracy to make the public think that hes dead :P

I highly doubt that :dodgy:
RE: Hussein dead! by John Anderton on 01-01-2007 at 07:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wally lebo rambo
:dodgy:

and wtf at his execution tapes coming out on torrents :-/
RE: RE: Hussein dead! by Fuse on 01-01-2007 at 10:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
quote:

Not our place to have gone after Hitler too??????????????/////////////

yes, it is the international communties place to go after anyone commiting war crimes and genocide. who says the british would have hung hitler? Britain does not have death row.. hitler would have been given to the british/french. Saddam was tried under iraqi law.. the way it should have been. Iraqi law states the death of a killer nothing to  do with the west.
RE: Hussein dead! by Wally on 01-01-2007 at 11:45 AM

i dunno lol peaple took it seriously when i just said it as a random thought :P if you want it to be serious you can:)

RE: Hussein dead! by user27089 on 01-01-2007 at 08:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fuse101
yes, it is the international communties place to go after anyone commiting war crimes and genocide. who says the british would have hung hitler? Britain does not have death row.. hitler would have been given to the british/french. Saddam was tried under iraqi law.. the way it should have been. Iraqi law states the death of a killer nothing to  do with the west.

It does for the most severe crime, treason.

Saddam being hung is going to make things a lot worse in my opinion.
RE: RE: Hussein dead! by Fuse on 01-01-2007 at 09:43 PM

quote:
quote:

you can only comit treason (And be charged) if you are a subject of the queen: hitler was not a british subject (citizen) and did not have indefinate leave to remain in the uk.+

and it will make it alot better than it was before. IT shows the iraqi government have a stern and hard hand on the law. If he wasnt hanged: it would have been much worse. All the shias would cause more trouble saying that the sunni government had influence in the descion.*

*[For all those that are in the dark: saddam was a sunni]

+ In law, treason is the crime of disloyalty to one's nation or state. A person who betrays the nation of their citizenship and/or reneges on an oath of loyalty and in some way willfully cooperates with an enemy, is considered to be a traitor (from wiki)
RE: Hussein dead! by Spunky on 01-02-2007 at 10:34 AM

quote:
you can only comit treason (And be charged) if you are a subject of the queen

quote:
+ In law, treason is the crime of disloyalty to one's nation or state

Now... Go back and think about what you've said :p

Treason i not just against the queen then is it? It's against the ruling powers of a particular country. As he was the dictator, I think he might have given himself a pardon on that count ^o) lol

I don't think it makes a difference at all whether he is alive or dead. He would never again be allowed to see the free world and nothing more could really be done to him in a prison.

quote:
Kill them all and et God sort them out

RE: RE: Hussein dead! by Fuse on 01-02-2007 at 06:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
you can only comit treason (And be charged) if you are a subject of the queen

quote:
+ In law, treason is the crime of disloyalty to one's nation or state

Now... Go back and think about what you've said :p

Treason i not just against the queen then is it? It's against the ruling powers of a particular country. As he was the dictator, I think he might have given himself a pardon on that count ^o) lol

I don't think it makes a difference at all whether he is alive or dead. He would never again be allowed to see the free world and nothing more could really be done to him in a prison.

quote:
Kill them all and et God sort them out

Treason is the disloyality of ONES state.. saddam/hitler's state was not the uk.
RE: Hussein dead! by Exca on 01-02-2007 at 07:36 PM

There's an interview with the medic of Saddam circeling. He says that he spared the rests of his food, and gave it to the birds when he was allowed to go outside. He talked to him about his childhood, his daugter and how beautiful everything used to be. He never complained about anything in jail, only if he was right he did. He also said he didn't do things for the fun, but he did it all for the future of irak, and therefor he had to make descisions which weren't easy, and he had to stood up. He didn't understand why the americans got in and destroyed it all, and that he loves people. Anyway, he never talked about death, he accepted things as they came. All he requested was sigares and coffee, he claimed it held down his bloodpressure. And it did.

Anyway he payed for his actions

RE: Hussein dead! by Voldemort on 01-02-2007 at 11:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Exca
but he did it all for the future of irak,
yeah, thats exactly why he lived in luxury.
RE: Hussein dead! by prashker on 01-03-2007 at 12:00 AM

;(

Not the dog too :(

Dog of Saddam executed

RE: Hussein dead! by Exca on 01-03-2007 at 12:10 AM

poor dog... asshole irak scheiBers

Ps: it's fake as hell, just a dog with a rope bound to a fence with some irak tv logo's on it 8-)

http://www.dogsdeservebetter.com/Assets/HangingDog4.jpg

RE: RE: Hussein dead! by brian on 01-03-2007 at 04:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kankurou

Yes, im weird.

Like you're even Iraqian to have a clue.  If you have saw the media lately, it was much better with Saddam. :\
RE: Hussein dead! by John Anderton on 01-03-2007 at 08:49 AM

quote:
Unless he has jesus hacks, I am pretty sure he is dead (Smilie)
rofl at Jesus hacks.

wtf at his dog being executed :-/ What did he do? Genocide equivalent of dogs? Or was he executed because he didnt stop saddam or maybe just because he was his dog :dodgy:
RE: RE: Hussein dead! by andrewdodd13 on 01-03-2007 at 11:27 AM

quote:
;(

Not the dog too :(

Dog of Saddam executed

quote:
Originally Posted on [url=http://www.islamofascisme.dk/?p=314][/url]This my friends is perfect evidence that all of the Middle East and everyone practicing that fucked up excuse for a religion needs to be removed from my planet.

Are they going to throw feces at the sun the next time we have an eclipse because it’s angry?

Man I’m not particularly religious about the whole “virgin birth” thing, but if you’ve got first pick in the religion draft and you don’t take some sort of Judeo/Christian deal you’re a dumbass. You don’t even have to practice it, just do the “love thy neighbor” thing and you’re all good.

Killing the dog. 14 year old suicide bombers making a run at virgins. How fucking stupid do you really have to be to believe that shit?

This is clear evidence that we need to eradicate the whole deal. They’re just plain dumb.

I have a feeling this guy didn't realise it was fake...

[ot]I wonder why the Iraqi government didn't realise that they'd be making a stride towards the future by using the lethal injection. Besides, from what I've been told having potassium chloride pumping through your heart hurts like a mother.... [/ot]

Anyway back to the original topic. Iraq doesn't seem to be getting any better in the aftermath of his death. Maybe it's even getting worse.
RE: Hussein dead! by saralk on 01-03-2007 at 02:28 PM

quote:
quote:

There is no death penalty at all in the UK, it was completely abolished in 1998 to get in line with the human rights laws.
RE: Hussein dead! by Lourix on 01-05-2007 at 04:06 PM

The death of Mr hussein will not stop the violence in Iraq it might worsen it.

RE: Hussein dead! by Pipish on 01-06-2007 at 08:21 AM

Seriously does it make much difference to the day before he was dead .no. im sure the yanks are partying

but he did not deserve to live.

RE: Hussein dead! by s7a5 on 01-06-2007 at 09:00 AM

You can't kill political figures like pigs,they shouldn't be killed at all. However, they should have at least give him a proper execution if they wanted Husein's followers to submit.

RE: Hussein dead! by Fuse on 01-06-2007 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lourix
The death of Mr hussein will not stop the violence in Iraq it might worsen it.

It will.. but like i said in a previous post: a good democracy is not easy to get to.. sacrifices have to be made to get there.

quote:
Originally posted by s7a5
You can't kill political figures like pigs,they shouldn't be killed at all. However, they should have at least give him a proper execution if they wanted Husein's followers to submit.

the iraqi government had a chance to show they have strong control over the "justice" system: if they had sentenced him to hanging and not gone through with it = it would have been bad, would have shown they can be "walked" all over. He was given the execution he deserved but i do think they should have taken more care when it came to making sure that no-one could record the damn thing..
RE: Hussein dead! by GiantSpider on 01-06-2007 at 07:37 PM

He should have been sent to The Hague, stood trial for all his crimes then have been sentenced to rot in a cell over there. The death penalty doesn't work, he will more famous in death than in life. Well done Iraq for settling on a constitution with capital punishment.

RE: Hussein dead! by Rik on 01-06-2007 at 09:02 PM

IMO they should have let him rot in jail.

quote:
Originally posted by abc news
Sergio Pelico, a 10-year-old boy from Webster, Texas, hanged himself from a bunk bed last Sunday.

On that same day, a 9-year-old Pakistani boy, Mubashar Ali, hanged himself, with help from his 10-year-old sister.

And three days later, in the suburbs of Kolkata, India, 15-year-old Moon Moon Karmarkar hanged herself from a ceiling fan.
source: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2773792&page=1

:dodgy:
RE: RE: Hussein dead! by Fuse on 01-06-2007 at 09:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
He should have been sent to The Hague, stood trial for all his crimes then have been sentenced to rot in a cell over there. The death penalty doesn't work, he will more famous in death than in life. Well done Iraq for settling on a constitution with capital punishment.

wow.. what you say makes sense however no to the hague*.. the iraqi people need the satisfaction of convicting him themselves. he is more famous in death and all but he deserves it..he died like a scum, no matter what would have happend:

people would kill themselves over him : even if he was imprisoned. people need to relise he has supporters..and that means they will die for him if he was given to the haugue..killed..hung..shot..whatever they are there and they will do anything.

*i think they he should he should have been tried  for all the murders but it would have taken to much time and money and probablly not enough evidence: saddam seemed to be very good at hiding things.

RE: Hussein dead! by prashker on 01-06-2007 at 09:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rik

Stupid. Stupid stupid kids. What a shame :dodgy:
RE: RE: Hussein dead! by Fuse on 01-06-2007 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rik

that article shows how three stupid kids can make people think that other 10 - 15 year olds are going to do this if they see the execution video.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ABC News
"The incidents shed light on the potential impact of violent scenes on young minds. Child and adolescent psychologists say watching events like this can have a significant and direct influence on children's behavior."

god..i hate shrinks
RE: Hussein dead! by GiantSpider on 01-06-2007 at 11:04 PM

I'm not trying to defend him here but a trial in his own country was hardly fair and impartial. I mean, he was being tried by the majority he oppressed. The Hague can remove some of that, but to be fair, it's not like I'm sitting at home saying "I wonder if he did it."

RE: Hussein dead! by ayjay on 01-06-2007 at 11:05 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rik

*parents

RE: RE: Hussein dead! by Fuse on 01-06-2007 at 11:16 PM

quote:
I'm not trying to defend him here but a trial in his own country was hardly fair and impartial. I mean, he was being tried by the majority he oppressed. The Hague can remove some of that, but to be fair, it's not like I'm sitting at home saying "I wonder if he did it."

thats true but he deserves to be tried by those who he hurt, lets face it: it's lucky he got a trial in iraq.

quote:
Originally posted by ayjay
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rik

*parents

i agree, but i dont blame them. stupid parents and kids. especally that 15 year old.

RE: Hussein dead! by GiantSpider on 01-06-2007 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fuse
thats true but he deserves to be tried by those who he hurt
He deserves to be brought to justice for those he hurt, but not tried by them.
RE: Hussein dead! by Thor on 01-06-2007 at 11:20 PM

quote:
quote:
Personally I think he got more than he deserved. He should have been locked up for the rest of his life in those rotten cells in Iraq. That's what he really deserved. But he was lucky. (well, dead isn't excatly lucky, but in a kind of way, he was)
RE: RE: Hussein dead! by Fuse on 01-06-2007 at 11:28 PM

quote:
quote:

doesnt make a difference.. it would have been the same result. but that is a good point, but then again: it was a democratically elected government who set that courtroom up so it's the will of the people in a way.
RE: Hussein dead! by GiantSpider on 01-06-2007 at 11:30 PM

Nitro: Indeed, I completely agree with you, I believe death was too good for him. It's too good for anyone who has committed crimes such as genocide, murder, rape etc. That's why I'm against capital punishment, it's too easy.

RE: RE: Hussein dead! by Fuse on 01-06-2007 at 11:39 PM

quote:
Nitro: Indeed, I completely agree with you, I believe death was too good for him. It's too good for anyone who has committed crimes such as genocide, murder, rape etc. That's why I'm against capital punishment, it's too easy.

i to dont agree with corpral punishment however i think in this situation where it is obviously the will of majority of iraqi population and such a horiible crime: it seems [not ok] but 'acceptable'. The only reason i dont agree with corpral punishment is because someone can change.. but saddam seem to completly deny he did anything wrong and he may have changed in the future but i think the shias of iraq would have caused twice as much mayhem as the martyrs of saddam. so i guess in a way it is the lesser of two evils:

1) kill saddam, watch his martyrs turn baghdad upside down
2) dont kill saddam, potientually loose control of government, watch as  shias throw the dummy out of the pram (protest and turn iraq and the sunni's life hell)
RE: Hussein dead! by prashker on 01-06-2007 at 11:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ayjay
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rik

*parents

Well, whatever, the family is stupid. :dodgy:
RE: Hussein dead! by Thor on 01-06-2007 at 11:50 PM

quote:
The only reason i dont agree with corpral punishment is because someone can change.. but saddam seem to completly deny he did anything wrong and he may have changed in the future
I have 2 things to say:
1. People can change.
2. Dictators can't.

Death punishment, as I stated, I don't like it. Being mocked up in a rotten prison is a hell alot worse. Saddam was lucky. That's what I think.
RE: Hussein dead! by GiantSpider on 01-07-2007 at 12:30 AM

Btw, theres a difference between Corporal & Capital punishment.

RE: Hussein dead! by aNILEator on 01-09-2007 at 08:35 PM

there was a new video out of sadam in the morgue with a great big gaping hole on his neck (that's twisted 90 degrees)

it's on the usual suspects..... google video etc

RE: RE: Hussein dead! by Fuse on 01-09-2007 at 09:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
there was a new video out of sadam in the morgue with a great big gaping hole on his neck (that's twisted 90 degrees)

it's on the usual suspects..... google video etc

yeah [thanks for not linking - i dont think it would have been appropriate.

also: you'd think the iraqi officals would have learned to tighten security anywhere around saddam to avoid videos like that coming out.

jeezzz...

:p