Shoutbox

I got tricked - MSN Virus/Spyware Thingy - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: I got tricked - MSN Virus/Spyware Thingy (/showthread.php?tid=70109)

I got tricked - MSN Virus/Spyware Thingy by _Humphreys on 12-31-2006 at 05:51 PM

:|

RE: I got tricked - MSN Virus/Spyware Thingy by Jimbo on 12-31-2006 at 05:56 PM

DONT POST THAT LINK

Try this removal tool

RE: I got tricked - MSN Virus/Spyware Thingy by _Humphreys on 12-31-2006 at 06:25 PM

"The Worm has not been found on your computer"

:/

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
DONT POST THAT LINK

If you download the thing after I have said it's dodgy then your kind of stupid. Nevertheless I have removed it.
RE: I got tricked - MSN Virus/Spyware Thingy by CookieRevised on 12-31-2006 at 06:49 PM

W32/NoChod@mm worm

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...a/w32.chod@mm.html
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/defa...?VName=WORM_CHOD.D

---------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
I blame the girl who sent me it.
This malware spreads itself by sending messages like that, so she might even not know 'she' has send anything. Blaming her is stupid, if you do, you should equally blame yourself as you made the exact same mistake.
quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
If you download the thing after I have said it's dodgy then your kind of stupid. Nevertheless I have removed it.
you do not get in any trouble if you download something, only if you execute something.

The reason why you shouldn't post that link is so this can't be abused.

---------------------------------------------------

PS: forum search on "is this you":

ATTN!!!! NEW MSN VIRUS! .PIF
new virus?
!!Virus!!
ROFL Virus
etc
RE: I got tricked - MSN Virus/Spyware Thingy by _Humphreys on 12-31-2006 at 06:58 PM

RE: I got tricked - MSN Virus/Spyware Thingy by CookieRevised on 12-31-2006 at 07:30 PM

boot up in safe mode, update anti-virus libs, scan and fix pc?

RE: I got tricked - MSN Virus/Spyware Thingy by Jarrod on 01-01-2007 at 01:58 AM

yeah i did the same thing so did my friend have you noticed it making any files the one i got made a exe called lol in my documents and on my friends desktop posting those may help

RE: I got tricked - MSN Virus/Spyware Thingy by xJ + on 01-01-2007 at 02:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
you can't connect to the internet in just safe mode...

Download the update for anti-virus lib, and install it manually when you are in safe mood. Scan and fix pc thereafter.

Try googling the name of the virus. There are some programmers out there did some pretty helpful cure for some viruses.
RE: RE: I got tricked - MSN Virus/Spyware Thingy by BraydenP on 01-01-2007 at 02:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xJ +
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

Download the update for anti-virus lib, and install it manually when you are in safe mood. Scan and fix pc thereafter.

Try googling the name of the virus. There are some programmers out there did some pretty helpful cure for some viruses.

Hello,

You're wrong, Because you can boot up in safe mode with Networking.

Thanks,

BraydenP.
RE: I got tricked - MSN Virus/Spyware Thingy by xJ + on 01-01-2007 at 02:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BraydenP
Hello,

You're wrong, Because you can boot up in safe mode with Networking.

Thanks,

BraydenP.
Probably you should re-read the sentence I typed.
quote:
Originally posted by xJ +

RE: I got tricked - MSN Virus/Spyware Thingy by CookieRevised on 01-01-2007 at 03:24 AM

Safe mode with networking is still safe mode.

Updating does not automatically mean downloading from the net. I would have said "downloading" in that case.

RE: I got tricked - MSN Virus/Spyware Thingy by ant915 on 04-03-2007 at 10:20 AM

well i tricked the virus instead ;)
there is a way to do this but they had to have sent you a certain file type....in this case they sent me a compressed .zip file containin the virus lol....that means i saved it  opened it saw it was a msdos app and deleted the bugger as soon as possible, just one of my many tips;

if they send you a zip file save it then open it to see whats inside, remember the virus cant do anything unless YOU activate it.

p.s. if they send you a file called "photo album" i recomend that you check wit da user first, this was the think that tried to trick me....just remember, humans are smarter than machines ;)