Shoutbox

settings for aol email check using plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: settings for aol email check using plus (/showthread.php?tid=70142)

settings for aol email check using plus by kpf16 on 01-01-2007 at 10:58 AM

Can anyone please tell me the setting i need to use the external email accounts with Messenger Plus. I want to add my aol email account but no matter what i enter i cant get it to work.

kpf16@hotmail.com

RE: settings for aol email check using plus by MattyRid on 01-01-2007 at 11:26 AM

ok basically provided the account you want to add has pop3 support, then your in business. Once you know whether or not pop3 support is given, you then add the pop server for the server. All details for what you need should be in the help and support section for you email provider.

RE: settings for aol email check using plus by intel on 01-02-2007 at 03:01 PM

Aol has pop3 but you need to set it up.

RE: settings for aol email check using plus by kpf16 on 01-02-2007 at 04:18 PM

whear can i find the setting for pop3 please ?

RE: settings for aol email check using plus by intel on 01-03-2007 at 03:58 PM

Just get the server and put in your email and password.

RE: settings for aol email check using plus by RaceProUK on 01-03-2007 at 08:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by intel
Just get the server and put in your email and password.
That doesn't help. At all.

kpf16, you'll need to log into your AOL mail online, and go to its Help section. Somewhere in there will be a guide to setting up POP3 access.
RE: settings for aol email check using plus by NiteMare on 01-03-2007 at 11:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kpf16
whear can i find the setting for pop3 please ?
go to aol keyword "Open Mail Access" or keyword "imap" that will igve you the server details;)