Shoutbox

Jobs - recommendations? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Jobs - recommendations? (/showthread.php?tid=70153)

Jobs - recommendations? by M73A on 01-01-2007 at 04:42 PM

Wheres a good place to work?

reasonable pay, and extra pay for overtime and bank holidays etc?

EDIT: This is in terms of a Part-time weekend job

RE: Jobs by nod32 on 01-01-2007 at 04:49 PM

Well go to uni first learn somthing get a job.

Go for computing how easy can it get.

RE: Jobs - recommendations? by Flaming Rob on 01-01-2007 at 06:20 PM

This might sound rubbish but for now, untill you have gone to university, i would get a paer round. Well not that exactly but something small like that.

RE: Jobs - recommendations? by duck! on 01-01-2007 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Flaming Rob
This might sound rubbish but for now, untill you have gone to university, i would get a paer round. Well not that exactly but something small like that.
You dont have to go to uni to get a good job, best bet is to work in a shop as a clean or a helper (to pack peoples bags) or if youre lucky maybe become someone who works on the til
RE: Jobs - recommendations? by Flaming Rob on 01-01-2007 at 06:25 PM

Thats not that well payed though, i dont think. :/

RE: Jobs - recommendations? by Plik on 01-01-2007 at 07:35 PM

imho you should find something you enjoy doing, and see if you can get paid todo it. No point wasting your time doing something you don't like.
Low pay fun job > Good pay dull job any day ;)

RE: Jobs - recommendations? by M73A on 01-01-2007 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plik
imho you should find something you enjoy doing, and see if you can get paid todo it. No point wasting your time doing something you don't like.
Low pay fun job > Good pay dull job any day ;)

yea that what i was thinking, atm its dull job shit pay so im pretty open to many things!

i dont know why but i really like the warehouse part of my job, with all the boxes and stuff... i think its because theres a radio there and no customers!
RE: Jobs - recommendations? by GiantSpider on 01-01-2007 at 08:00 PM

Asda pay equal (IE, 16 yr olds get £5.05), might be good to go work there, in the entertainment section.

RE: Jobs - recommendations? by dylan! on 01-01-2007 at 08:05 PM

mcdonalds>tim hortons>*

RE: Jobs - recommendations? by M73A on 01-01-2007 at 10:19 PM

i dont wanna deal with food, lol...

i no someone who worked in asda, he advised against it... although he wasn't on entertainment, i think that would be quite fun!

RE: Jobs - recommendations? by Chris4 on 01-01-2007 at 10:35 PM

Well your 16, so your lucky enough to have a wide range of job opportunities because you have your National Insurance Number, unlike myself who is 15 :dodgy:

If I was you, I would look online.
Take a look here. :happy:

RE: Jobs - recommendations? by M73A on 01-01-2007 at 10:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Well your 16, so your lucky enough to have a wide range of job opportunities because you have your National Insurance Number, unlike myself who is 15 :dodgy:

If I was you, I would look online.
Take a look here. :happy:

ooo connections, forgot about them! good idea!

EDIT: they seem to be for people that have left school i think, like for training and apprentiships and that sort

its not that i need help finding jobs etc.... i just wanted to know what places pay well, and what places pay extra for overtime and holiday work... the place im at pays shit and is startign to take the piss
RE: Jobs - recommendations? by Wally on 01-02-2007 at 04:02 AM

crane operating is a good job doesn't require a high level of intelligent s just do a few courses  (Y) :P then again something in IT would be orite

EDIT: crane operating has great pay ;)

RE: Jobs - recommendations? by Flaming Rob on 01-02-2007 at 08:54 AM

Do you work in mcdonnalds philip? really?

RE: Jobs - recommendations? by absorbation on 01-02-2007 at 12:36 PM

Argos pay well, and have short flexible shifts, you should try there :P

RE: RE: Jobs by alexp2_ad on 01-02-2007 at 12:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nod32
Well go to uni first learn somthing get a job.

Go for computing how easy can it get.

[OFFTOPIC]
Oh screw it, I'll rise to the bait, I take a computing course and it isn't easy at all.  I don't know what you're basing that on, maybe you know how to use Windows and therefore think that a computing course is gonna be a walk in the park?  Seriously, what courses have you taken that give you the impression that a 4 year honours course in computing would be easy?

Repped down for one of the stupidest posts of 2007 so far. 8-)  Will add it back if you can somehow prove you said that with justification, which I seriously doubt.
[/OFFTOPIC]

And you're best bet for finding a job is just to try all the restaurants, fast food places and shops you can.
RE: Jobs - recommendations? by joemailey on 01-02-2007 at 02:07 PM

I've worked in Mc Donald's  for 3months and Burger King for 21months.

Fast food places are great. You meet some good friends. Only reason i left was because most of the people became foreigners. Not that  have anything against them. there just from different culture that in return made the working environment alot harder and less fun.

So if you can get in to fast food place were people are of the same culture and speak same language it will be fun. but i did make some good foreign friends there to so dnt get me wrong :-) .

[Off Topic]
i have basic school eduction.

high school just thats all. left when 16 with 2 GCSE's lmao.

I've got great job in computers. never went to college/uni.

Took few training course's learnt my stuff got a job.
It sure as hell weren't easy but i got there. the money im on at 20 is awesome. considering theres ppl taken 4yr courses in uni. n wont have ne work experience/hands on expereince.

Main reason i got my job(only had it months) was because i had 3-4yrs experience.

me an another guy were shortlisted i got the job because i had more experience in working environment. i was able to talk about my experience n how u fix certain things. were as the other guy didnt really have any knowledge of how to deal with certain situations an problems that arise in day to day working environments.
[/OFF TOPIC]

RE: Jobs - recommendations? by Eddie on 01-02-2007 at 02:17 PM

I work at a bowling centre :) fun and pretty good pay and cheap games (bonus:P) for me anyway :P im gonna work at local superstore once my name comes up top of the list :) and i know from living in England for most of my life thats theres Megabowl *-)

RE: Jobs - recommendations? by M73A on 01-02-2007 at 10:58 PM

hmm argos sounds gd, my teacher used to work there, lol...

bowling alley *-) wonder what the hours are like

RE: Jobs - recommendations? by joemailey on 01-02-2007 at 11:32 PM

Argos is great i worked there for 3months also, in the stock room just finding items n sending em down stairs so ppl can pick em up :-)

pretty simple job plus no customers.

RE: Jobs - recommendations? by M73A on 01-02-2007 at 11:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
Argos is great i worked there for 3months also, in the stock room just finding items n sending em down stairs so ppl can pick em up :-)

pretty simple job plus no customers.

wow... what im looing for exactely! do you know what the pay for under 16 is? is it more than 4.02 lol
RE: Jobs - recommendations? by GiantSpider on 01-03-2007 at 01:49 PM

Very unlikely, minimum wage for 16-18 is £3.20 or something.

RE: Jobs - recommendations? by joemailey on 01-03-2007 at 02:12 PM

*   £5.35 per hour for workers aged 22 years and older
    * A development rate of £4.45 per hour for workers aged 18-21 inclusive
    * £3.30 per hour for all workers under the age of 18, who are no longer of compulsory school age.(which would be 16+)

RE: Jobs - recommendations? by M73A on 01-03-2007 at 02:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
*   £5.35 per hour for workers aged 22 years and older
    * A development rate of £4.45 per hour for workers aged 18-21 inclusive
    * £3.30 per hour for all workers under the age of 18, who are no longer of compulsory school age.(which would be 16+)

3.30? i swear thats below minimum wage... thats ridiculous pay!
RE: Jobs - recommendations? by joemailey on 01-03-2007 at 02:58 PM

Thats minimum wage doesn't means everywhere pays that wage.

when i worked in burger king or Mc Donalds it was something like £3.60ph lol

althou argos did pay more than both of those @ £4 something