Shoutbox

systray icon? =o - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: systray icon? =o (/showthread.php?tid=70166)

systray icon? =o by gleipnir on 01-01-2007 at 09:48 PM

I had justt reformat my computer, and I imported my settings from before i reformated (still MP!L) Thing is, the icon in the systray doesn't change when i go into boss protection. This is because the icon picture in my preferences are blank...however when I click on it, it shows me me some default pathway, i click ok. It says "the icon path you selected is invalid" >_> does anyone know how to get the old systray icon back? o.o what is the real pathway?

RE: systray icon? =o by Chris4 on 01-01-2007 at 10:24 PM

The default pathway is:

quote:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shell32.dll,10

RE: systray icon? =o by gleipnir on 01-01-2007 at 10:31 PM

yes actually...that was the default pathway that was there, however the error message keeps popping up everytime i press ok o.O

RE: systray icon? =o by TazDevil on 01-01-2007 at 10:39 PM

where did you install the new windows installation
default is C:\WINDOWS, if you have specified another path adjust your string as well

RE: systray icon? =o by CookieRevised on 01-01-2007 at 10:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gleipnir
however when I click on it, it shows me me some default pathway
That path is just a default path, not an icon file as requested by the dialog. You need to select a valid icon file; an icon file you see listed in the path.

Hence:
quote:
Originally posted by gleipnir
i click ok. It says "the icon path you selected is invalid"
because you didn't selected an icon file

-----------

Anyways,

You say you have reformatted your computer. This also means that your paths can be different.

1. Click on the icon button to change it and press on "..." to start navigating.

2. In the dialog which pops up, navigate to your windows system32 directory. This can be different than "C:\WINDOWS\system32", but it would be nevertheless similar. eg:
    D:\WINDOWS\system32
    C:\WINNT\system32
    C:\WIN\system32
    E:\WIN\system32

To quickly jump directly to your system32 directory, you can also paste the next line into the filepath editbox:
    %windir%\system32

3. Once you're in your Windows system32 directory, find the file "Shell32.dll" and select it.

4. Once that is done you can click on "Open" and Plus! will add that file, with the proper path, to the icon textbox.

5. Next, you need to add ",10" (without the quotes) after it, and press "Ok"

RE: RE: systray icon? =o by gleipnir on 01-01-2007 at 11:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
where did you install the new windows installation
default is C:\WINDOWS, if you have specified another path adjust your string as well

aah..yes, omg can't believe I overlooked this part..lol before I had my windows in D.. so it was D:/WINDOWS. Ooops..well thanks for your help guys =) I got it woring again after I changed it to C:\WINDOWS.