Shoutbox

[Suggestion] re-enable scripts automatically - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] re-enable scripts automatically (/showthread.php?tid=70169)

[Suggestion] re-enable scripts automatically by Jesus on 01-01-2007 at 10:47 PM

Hi,

sometimes when I start messenger, I get a messagebox saying scripts are disabled because messenger couldn't startup correctly the last time it was started. It also says that I can re-enable the scripts through MP!L preferences. This protection has never been useful to me (I could always re-enable the scripts right away), but I know it can be very useful in some cases. However, I find it annoying to go to the preferences to re-enable all the scripts when there's actually nothing wrong with them.
I was thinking it would be a good idea to add a checkbox to that messagebox, allowing you to instantly re-enable all previously enabled scripts without using the preferences window.
something like this:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=772133]
(dutch version)

edit: ofcourse the checkbox should be unchecked by default ;)

RE: [Suggestion] re-enable scripts automatically by intel on 01-01-2007 at 10:52 PM

I would like that. Is there any thing wrong with the scripts any way?   

RE: [Suggestion] re-enable scripts automatically by NiteMare on 01-01-2007 at 10:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by intel

Is there any thing wrong with the scripts any way?   
there could be, some scripts with bugs can cause WLM to crash or freeze during start up, and if plus detects that. it will disable the scripts, so you can go in and make the change to stop them from crashing, otherwise you wouldn't be able to open wlm with out uninstalling all scripts(say you didn't know which one was causeing the problem)