Shoutbox

[Request] Instant Message Flashlight Color - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Instant Message Flashlight Color (/showthread.php?tid=70195)

[Request] Instant Message Flashlight Color by Creeks on 01-02-2007 at 03:36 PM

hey..
i'll explain with picture.. i wanna when i get instant message i wanna different flashlights .. or look @ picture.

[Image: request.jpg]

is it possible ?

RE: [Request] Instant Message Flashlight Color by Spunky on 01-02-2007 at 03:44 PM

There was a discussion about this a while ago IIRC, but I can't find it now. All I found was this one post:
Keikonium's reply to Messenger Plus! Live Enhancer

I don't think anybody has attempted it tbh

RE: [Request] Instant Message Flashlight Color by Jesus on 01-02-2007 at 04:03 PM

...and in that one post also lies the answer to the question ;)

The flashing color is theme specific. It hasn't got anything to do with the window that makes it flash.
It might be possible to change the color on a per-window basis by directly patching the memory of your system, but I have never done that so I don't know how to do it (if it's possible in the first place).

If anyone manages to do it in any way, I'll certainly use it because I like the idea :D

RE: [Request] Instant Message Flashlight Color by markee on 01-02-2007 at 04:06 PM

You could always use desktop contacts to be able to do something similar, it's not exactly what you are looking for but it is the closest you will find.

RE: [Request] Instant Message Flashlight Color by Creeks on 01-02-2007 at 04:12 PM

now i'm using winXP but it's in Win98 Style for more performance, n i wanna say that when i changed windows style it's changed too

exmple: i'll try to use with vista it was be dark orange n when am i using windows XP style it's flashing orange i think it's interested with windows not WLM or script maybe it'll include with scripts for change....

RE: [Request] Instant Message Flashlight Color by Oxy on 01-02-2007 at 04:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Creeks
exmple: i'll try to use with vista it was be dark orange n when am i using windows XP style it's flashing orange i think it's interested with windows not WLM or script maybe it'll include with scripts for change....

Exactly, it's to do with the theme you're using..
You could download the UXtheme multi-patcher and then you can use any themes.