Shoutbox

Replacing Normal emotions - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Replacing Normal emotions (/showthread.php?tid=70211)

Replacing Normal emotions by Mada.f on 01-02-2007 at 07:31 PM

Is it possible to make a script, that replaces the original emotions with a custom one. Like when you send what you said, the script would automatically replace it with the custom emotion?

RE: Replacing Normal emotions by warmth on 01-02-2007 at 07:33 PM

I didn't understand what u want! be more specific... maybe a picture can help...

RE: Replacing Normal emotions by Spunky on 01-02-2007 at 07:38 PM

He means replace :D (example) with :refuck: (example)

And No, I don't think it is possible through scripting (may have been discussed before... Try a search on this forum)

RE: Replacing Normal emotions by Mada.f on 01-02-2007 at 07:38 PM

Say you want ;) to become a custom winking emotion you want it to be. Everyone wants it to be their own. so wouldn't it be possible to make a script that automatically changes it to the emotion you want it to be? It would be like replacing the default emotion's keyboard shortcut with a new emotion instead.

Edit. since it already got clarified.

Well i dont see how it wont work, because all it does is automattically change the ": )" with say like  [smiley]

RE: Replacing Normal emotions by Kenji on 01-02-2007 at 07:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
And No, I don't think it is possible through scripting (may have been discussed before... Try a search on this forum)
It is possible, i have seen it before...
RE: Replacing Normal emotions by Mada.f on 01-02-2007 at 07:48 PM

it would definitely put an end to everyone asking if you can replace all the default emotions

RE: Replacing Normal emotions by Spunky on 01-02-2007 at 08:00 PM

See:
[REQ.] Replacing default, ugly emoticons with custom ones

I stand by my previous post

RE: Replacing Normal emotions by intel on 01-02-2007 at 08:09 PM

Can you have a custom emotion in ur display name.

RE: RE: Replacing Normal emotions by Mada.f on 01-02-2007 at 08:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by intel
Can you have a custom emotion in ur display name.

obviously not, imagine if everyone did? Msn would be VERY laggy trying to download all the custom emotions.

but back on topic, according to that thread nobody even attempted it. i dont see why its hard to do. it would be similar to the normal to funky font script.

RE: Replacing Normal emotions by Spunky on 01-02-2007 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mada.f
it would be similar to the normal to funky font script

It's nothing like it. The CrazyText script works by replacing characters before you send them. You can't replace the emoticon, just the text. Which means it would send a different emoticon altogether. You could set quicktexts to do that for you. Replacing the picture would not be logical either asthe contacts msn client would rad the text :p  for example and parse it as the smiley for the text, not the emoticon you sent

RE: Replacing Normal emotions by Mada.f on 01-02-2007 at 09:55 PM

So saying that if u type ": )" you cant make it autochange to another keyboard shortcut?

ignore the space inbetween

RE: Replacing Normal emotions by Spunky on 01-02-2007 at 09:56 PM

It would have to be done before sending the message. It is possible to do it that way, but you may as well just set up quick texts which are found in the preferences of Plus! anyway. There is no need for a script to do that

RE: Replacing Normal emotions by Mada.f on 01-02-2007 at 10:00 PM

Omfg i didnt know that, thankies ^__^

although it would be nice to know if theres a way you can enable it or desable it

RE: Replacing Normal emotions by snAke_LeAder on 01-03-2007 at 02:22 AM

sp3 will do this in a upcomming final version

RE: Replacing Normal emotions by artfuldodga on 01-10-2007 at 05:00 AM

I myself use Custom Emoticons for all Messengers default Emoticons.

MSN Messenger 7.5 allowed for modification of all your emoticons, once modified, they were saved in settings (you can back up the settings folder) located in the usual place..

I then upgraded to Live Messenger, I don't know.. one of the eariler public beta versions (not the latest) and I noticed the Default Custom Emoticons were still the ones i had set in 7.5

Now, its important to note that, once the emoticons you modified in 7.5 go onto be used in 8.0.x ... you can no longer 'modify these default emoticons but they will still be set as the ones you had chosen in 7.5, you just cannot change them any longer.

After upgrading to the current public beta, I noticed that some of my emoticons went missing, not the default ones... but a few I had set (unsure why) but.. I think the Messenger Team, changed the location and such, of where your settings are stored, and prob messed something up in the process of upgrading.

Anyhow, yes... if its possible to make a script where you can modify your default emoticons, somebody make it, or.. a patch that allows 'modification' of all emoticons, its surely possible :P

RE: RE: Replacing Normal emotions by deAd on 01-10-2007 at 05:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by snAke_LeAder
sp3 will do this in a upcomming final version

Not necessarily, the final version will probably just be a version with no bugs -- I'd expect new features in another release (3.1, 3.2, etc). I believe there's a forum post on the Stuffplug forums about this.