Shoutbox

Seeing PSM hidden by Song Currently Played - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Seeing PSM hidden by Song Currently Played (/showthread.php?tid=70244)

Seeing PSM hidden by Song Currently Played by Dreamsilver on 01-03-2007 at 11:49 AM

is there a way to see wat ur contact's PSM is when they are currently hearing a song and their PSM is hidden behind it?

my friend was able to see mine and refuses to tell me how :S so im hoping someone here knows :D

RE: Seeing PSM hidden by Song Currently Played by Cartox on 01-03-2007 at 12:00 PM

Just look (if you have plus!live) at contact information.
Right click a contact > msg Plus! Features> Contact information ;)

RE: Seeing PSM hidden by Song Currently Played by haydos on 01-03-2007 at 12:01 PM

Just send (!PSM) in a message, and your contact's personal message should be displayed in the conversation

Cartox's idea would only work if the contact had changed their PSM before enabling music

RE: RE: Seeing PSM hidden by Song Currently Played by Cartox on 01-03-2007 at 12:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by haydn
Just send (!PSM) in a message, and your contact's personal message should be displayed in the conversation

Cartox's idea would only work if the contact had changed their PSM before enabling music

dude, i just tested it out, with 2 other contacts
i think you should do it too ;) it works allright:)
RE: RE: RE: Seeing PSM hidden by Song Currently Played by markee on 01-03-2007 at 12:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cartox
quote:

dude, i just tested it out, with 2 other contacts
i think you should do it too ;) it works allright:)

I think you might want to take another look, I checked it out and found haydn was right.
RE: Seeing PSM hidden by Song Currently Played by Cartox on 01-03-2007 at 12:18 PM

ok, i tought i was wrong so i tested it out myself,
( i changed my psm while i was listening to a song)
And yes, they could see the change.

anyway, the "contact information" works with me

im using
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.01.0168
Messenger Plus! Live 4.11.0.254

RE: Seeing PSM hidden by Song Currently Played by haydos on 01-03-2007 at 12:36 PM

If a friend of mine was to sign in, with the 'now playing' thingo enabled, I wouldn't be able to see the PSM that they previously had. This is because contact information only logs changes - hence the comment I made in my original post ;)

RE: RE: Seeing PSM hidden by Song Currently Played by Cartox on 01-03-2007 at 12:44 PM

quote:
If a friend of mine was to sign in, with the 'now playing' thingo enabled, I wouldn't be able to see the PSM that they previously had. This is because contact information only logs changes - hence the comment I made in my original post ;)

ok, i can agree with that, that you wouldn't  be able to see what he had before. ;)
but if he would change his/her psm while playing music then it would be visible with "Contact information" and not only before :)

RE: RE: Seeing PSM hidden by Song Currently Played by Dreamsilver on 01-03-2007 at 01:49 PM

quote:

does this apply also when my contact sign in with the "what im listening to" enabled? because i tried it and only the song she was hearing appeared and not her PSM :D
RE: Seeing PSM hidden by Song Currently Played by alexp2_ad on 01-03-2007 at 02:12 PM

Here's a small script that shows a toast with the contacts PSM on it.  Regardless of whether the listening to is activated or not.  It 100%, definitely works.

You type /showpsm in a conversation window to use it.

RE: RE: Seeing PSM hidden by Song Currently Played by Dreamsilver on 01-03-2007 at 03:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
Here's a small script that shows a toast with the contacts PSM on it.  Regardless of whether the listening to is activated or not.  It 100%, definitely works.

You type /showpsm in a conversation window to use it.

thx alot it makes it so much easier now :D Thx alot to those who helped :P