Shoutbox

Excel - the graphical/design side of things... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Excel - the graphical/design side of things... (/showthread.php?tid=70292)

Excel - the graphical/design side of things... by M73A on 01-04-2007 at 06:25 PM

does anyone have some tips about how to make a worksheet look....well, 'pretty' lol...

atm what i've got looks pretty lame, i dont want to create a monster, just something that looks simple and is appealing to the eye...

any tips?

RE: Excel - the graphical/design side of things... by Jimbo on 01-04-2007 at 06:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
does anyone have some tips about how to make a worksheet look....well, 'pretty' lol...

atm what i've got looks pretty lame, i dont want to create a monster, just something that looks simple and is appealing to the eye...

any tips?

Umm, make a cool looking page vorder, put cell borders around titles etc, and make each section a different style(EG.colour,cell borders)
Or just copy it into a word doc and make it look "pretty" :lol:
RE: Excel - the graphical/design side of things... by absorbation on 01-04-2007 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude

Umm, make a cool looking page vorder, put cell borders around titles etc, and make each section a different style(EG.colour,cell borders)

Ewwwwwwww. That's the right way to make it look unprofessional.

My tip is using little colour, and a nice clear font. Change the font to Verdena, it is just so much easier on the eyes. Keep the spreadsheet running a constant theme throughout. This could be just have certain values grey, or values generated from formulas highlighted.

However my main tip is: Keep it organised. You want it to be easy on the eyes. Use as little effects as possible, and just keep it clean and simple :)
RE: Excel - the graphical/design side of things... by M73A on 01-04-2007 at 09:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude

Ewwwwwwww. That's the right way to make it look unprofessional.

My tip is using little colour, and a nice clear font. Change the font to Verdena, it is just so much easier on the eyes. Keep the spreadsheet running a constant theme throughout. This could be just have certain values grey, or values generated from formulas highlighted.

However my main tip is: Keep it organised. You want it to be easy on the eyes. Use as little effects as possible, and just keep it clean and simple :)

just the sort of advice i was looking for! thanks :)