Shoutbox

Automatic Export for the Contacts file - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Automatic Export for the Contacts file (/showthread.php?tid=70440)

Automatic Export for the Contacts file by francoisch on 01-07-2007 at 06:21 PM

hello

I am a happy user of MSN Mess Plus.

I need to be able to Export / Import my MSNM Contacts file automatically, via a Bat file, to transport it between my 3 PC's.

Would anyone know how to achieve this?

Hope this is the right forum to post this message into.

Thank you in advance for your help.

F

RE: Automatic Export for the Contacts file by ShawnZ on 01-07-2007 at 06:23 PM

does it need to be a bat file? can it be a js file?

RE: Automatic Export for the Contacts file by francoisch on 01-08-2007 at 10:57 AM

hi ShawnZ

Well, it just that I know how to get a Bat file executed.

So far, the only usage I had with Js files was with Web sites when an Html of mine would call a Js file.

Just to say that I am not to familiar with executing Js files.

To summarize, as long as I would be able to get a Js file executed (what the procedure could be?), my answer would be Yes.

I was envisioning to get this file executed in DOS, one benefit being that I can trigger it via multiple ways (planned tasks, ...).

Thank you for your answer.

F

RE: Automatic Export for the Contacts file by NanaFreak on 01-08-2007 at 10:59 AM

js files are used in messenger plus! live scripting ;)

RE: Automatic Export for the Contacts file by CookieRevised on 01-08-2007 at 05:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by francoisch
I need to be able to Export / Import my MSNM Contacts file automatically, via a Bat file, to transport it between my 3 PC's.
May I ask why?

All you need to do is log in into Messenger, to have all your contacts.

And if you have already an exported contact list file, simply log in into Messenger on whatever PC and import it and you're done.

Contact lists are stored on the MSN servers, they aren't locally stored. In other words, wherever you go (eg: your other two PCs) the contactlist will be there once you log in.

------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by francoisch
Hope this is the right forum to post this message into.
it has nothing todo with Messenger Plus! though, so it isn't... it was better posted in "MSN/Windows Messenger". And as such, it has been reported to be moved to there ;)

RE: Automatic Export for the Contacts file by francoisch on 01-08-2007 at 06:16 PM

hello

Thank you first for your answers.

I am discovering that the contact lists are stored centrally when I thought they were on everyone's PC.

I am understanding now that I should use the very same id whatever PC I am on (I am currently using a different id depending on the PC I am on).

I will fix that.

Thanks again.

F