Shoutbox

iPhone unveiled as all things to all users - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: iPhone unveiled as all things to all users (/showthread.php?tid=70507)

iPhone unveiled as all things to all users by matty on 01-09-2007 at 09:31 PM

iPhone unveiled as all things to all users

All I and the rest of us at work can say is :O!

RE: iPhone unveiled as all things to all users by prashker on 01-09-2007 at 09:34 PM

ewwww. Apple....Iphone +o(

RE: iPhone unveiled as all things to all users by Eljay on 01-09-2007 at 09:35 PM

All I can say is there is a thread about it already! :O

RE: iPhone unveiled as all things to all users by Thor on 01-09-2007 at 10:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
All I can say is there is a thread about it already! :O
All I can say, I want one, and that there's a thread about already! ::O
RE: iPhone unveiled as all things to all users by Joe on 01-09-2007 at 10:49 PM

I still love you Matty!

I'd definitely be getting one.... IF Cingular wasn't the provider.. still a touch screen iPod though... but expensive without a contract... likely with one too.

RE: iPhone unveiled as all things to all users by Hank on 01-09-2007 at 10:56 PM

looks kinda nice, i'd try one an rub it in microsofts  face :P

RE: RE: iPhone unveiled as all things to all users by Supersonicdarky on 01-09-2007 at 11:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
ewwww. Apple....Iphone +o(

x2

now ms will have some work to do to make the zune better
RE: iPhone unveiled as all things to all users by Rolando on 01-10-2007 at 03:48 AM

I think I'm getting one. I think it looks really nice and I like 'what it offers'.

RE: iPhone unveiled as all things to all users by xJ + on 01-10-2007 at 08:18 AM

If only the camera is 5 megapixel, then I'd consider buying. However, the 8GB flash memory and the implemented high technology are already attracting me, making me wanting to buy it.
But still, in my opinion, I still think Nokia N95 is much better though.

RE: iPhone unveiled as all things to all users by Hank on 01-10-2007 at 09:24 AM

shame it wont be in Australia till 2008,

Edit i guess its gona take almost all this year to get the New NextG network going so they can bring the Iphone in

RE: RE: iPhone unveiled as all things to all users by markee on 01-10-2007 at 10:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
shame it wont be in Australia till 2008,

Edit i guess its gona take almost all this year to get the New NextG network going so they can bring the Iphone in

The NextG network isn't that good.  Very expensive, for not really great performance.  And the 3.75G network is outdated before it is being implemented (bit like CDMA) as 4G networks are already being installed in other parts of the world and the 3.75G network is barely getting a look at by most telecommunications companies around the world (hence only 4 models of phones in the world being able to use it).[/rant]

Anyway, the phone is only GSM capable atm and is soon to have 3g capabilities soon too.  The main reason behind the late shipping is because of a deal between apple and Cingular (an American telecommunication company) from what I can tell.
RE: iPhone unveiled as all things to all users by Hank on 01-10-2007 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
The NextG network isn't that good.  Very expensive, for not really great performance.  And the 3.75G network is outdated before it is being implemented (bit like CDMA) as 4G networks are already being installed in other parts of the world and the 3.75G network is barely getting a look at by most telecommunications companies around the world (hence only 4 models of phones in the world being able to use it).[/rant]

Anyway, the phone is only GSM capable atm and is soon to have 3g capabilities soon too.  The main reason behind the late shipping is because of a deal between apple and Cingular (an American telecommunication company) from what I can tell.
totally agree with you, but with telstra or other telco's implementing 3G now, in the long term to get to 4G its only gonna require a software upgrade, , an yes 3G aint that great but its a sight lot better than the current 2G crap, Australia in some ways has been behind other countries, why, im not so sure, ,
RE: iPhone unveiled as all things to all users by surfichris on 01-10-2007 at 11:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
It's not just this "NextG" network stuff which the phone will require - it's other changes to infrastructure too (see my post in the other thread) which makes me skeptical on how Australian networks will adopt it.

The only phone network who will be able to carry the iPhone (and provide decent functionality - internet access through EDGE services) is currently Telstra (and we all know how much they suck)
RE: iPhone unveiled as all things to all users by Hank on 01-10-2007 at 12:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
It's not just this "NextG" network stuff which the phone will require - it's other changes to infrastructure too (see my post in the other thread) which makes me skeptical on how Australian networks will adopt it.

The only phone network who will be able to carry the iPhone (and provide decent functionality - internet access through EDGE services) is currently Telstra (and we all know how much they suck)
will read it soon, but i think your right about telstra being the only one but , im not so sure, i think telstra will be the first, then months afterwards companies like Optus will use them to, , i think they'll be the only ones to use the Iphone, IMO anyway. Telstra aint to bad considering i  was with optus for 8 years till i made the switch, ,